Thread: Heatwaves ... End of Civilizations...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 03:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

1 Not allowed!

Post Heatwaves ... End of Civilizations...

Heat extremes on Earth have reached a disturbing new level in recent years. The July 2020 temperatures soared across Siberia and reached a record-breaking 38°C inside the Arctic Circle, continuing a line of record heat events globally. “Event attribution” calculations, which are an endeavor to apportion blame for extreme events through quantitative modeling, suggest that some events would have been nearly impossible without human-induced global warming. This includes the recent Siberian summer and the 2018 heat wave in Japan, which killed more than a thousand people (1, 2). Rising heat is creating new challenges for humanity that will require new adaptation and protection measures.

One of the most intense heat waves in over 200 years is unfolding across Europe with temperatures rivaling those in Death Valley -- one of the hottest places on Earth.

AccuWeather meteorologists are warning of one of the most significant heat waves in western Europe in over 200 years, or a few decades before the Declaration of Independence was signed. The long-duration, extreme weather event could turn deadly across the continent.

The heat has already been baking Portugal and Spain with temperatures frequently topping 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) since Friday, July 8. Sevilla, Spain, has been one of the hottest spots with the mercury soaring at or above 105 F (41 C) for nine consecutive days.

The temperature of 116.6 F (47 C) recorded in Pinhăo, Portugal, on Thursday, July 14, if confirmed, could become the highest temperature ever recorded in the country in July. The country's current July record stands at 115.7 F (46.5 C) which was set in Amareleja in 1995.

On Saturday, the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia reported that there were more than 360 deaths attributed to the heat wave in the country so far this week. Of those, the community of Madrid reported 22 deaths, while one 60-year-old municipal cleaning worker died Saturday during work.

The AccuWeather Local Max™ temp is 120 F (49 C) in Spain and Portugal. For comparison, temperatures typically top out near 118 F (48 C) in Death Valley in July.

Looks like we are gonna see heated surface unbearable for human occupation in near future
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339

2 Not allowed!

I can't believe 1,100 people have died from heat in Portugal and Spain in the past week.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/18/hea...ope-death-toll

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,515
    Given: 4,455

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethwyn View Post
    I can't believe 1,100 people have died from heat in Portugal and Spain in the past week.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/18/hea...ope-death-toll
    Not to imply that you are getting it it wrong, but to make sure people don't misinterpret it:

This is a statistical analysis made by comparing the total number of deaths in the country during the second week of July of this year, with the average numbers for other years' second weeks of July.
    Excess mortality was found mainly in elderly people with cardiovascular conditions, which were agravated by this year's above average heat.

Doesn't mean people were dropping dead on the street from heat stroke or something like that.
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

While the recent human caused global warming is a bad thing for many reasons and it needs to stop it’s funny how people make a big deal out 100 degree temperatures. First of all temperatures are measured in the shade so for us living in desert areas there’s no shade so temperatures should be given in the sun.

For example here when the official temperature is 120 degrees in the shade my thermometer in the sun reads 140 degrees. For us it’s over 100 degrees for 8 months in the year. Humans are adaptable. I have been running for 5 km twice a week at midday between 1 and 3 o’clock since i was a kid. Many times when I run it’s 140 degrees in the sun but I have never had any problems. I measured my forehead temperatures a couple of times and they were around 104 but never had any issues.

Obviously I’m not saying people should run when it’s 140 degrees because heat affects each person differently and I’m sure some people will become seriously ill if they run in this type of heat but I’m just saying I have not personally had any problems. I was born and raised in a desert area. On the other hand I can’t handle cold at all
    Muzh ba staso la tyaro tsakha ra wubaasu

[IMG][/IMG]

Thread Information