Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 140

2 Not allowed!

Hasanlu Tepe is a very special place because it is on a crossroad between the Mesopotamia, the Iranian Plateau and Transcaucasia. The Zagros Mountains is seen by some authors as a continuation of the Caucasus Mountain range.
    Hasanlu Tepe belongs to the Upper Mesopotamia, Zagros Mountains and the Iranian Plateau at the same time.
    This is why this area is my 1st choice of being the URHEIMAT of the PIEans.

I think that Y-DNA hg. R1b and hg. R1a* entered Kurdistan/Iranian Plateu with the ANE people thousands of years ago.

Hasanlu Tepe was the homeland of the Gutians and later their successors the Medes. Also proto-Kurdic identity was born in that region, so it is the URHEIMANT of the Kurds in general. Nowadays it is the home of the Sorani Kurds of Kurdistan.

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guti View Post
    Hasanlu Tepe is a very special place because it is on a crossroad between the Mesopotamia, the Iranian Plateau and Transcaucasia. The Zagros Mountains is seen by some authors as a continuation of the Caucasus Mountain range.
    Hasanlu Tepe belongs to the Upper Mesopotamia, Zagros Mountains and the Iranian Plateau at the same time.
    This is why this area is my 1st choice of being the URHEIMAT of the PIEans.

I think that Y-DNA hg. R1b and hg. R1a* entered Kurdistan/Iranian Plateu with the ANE people thousands of years ago.

Hasanlu Tepe was the homeland of the Gutians and later their successors the Medes. Also proto-Kurdic identity was born in that region, so it is the URHEIMANT of the Kurds in general. Nowadays it is the home of the Sorani Kurds of Kurdistan.
    Summarises my current position. Hasanlu is located next to my great grandmother’s village - just a short walk.

Last Online
    11-15-2022 @ 02:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

1 Not allowed!

So Kurds are now supposed to be proto-Indo-Europeans? No way, you've got to be kidding.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 01:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    Summarises my current position. Hasanlu is located next to my great grandmother’s village - just a short walk.
    Keep in mind that the Ezdi Kurds have by far more R1b than R1a. And the Ezdi Kurds are one of those Kurds who mixed the least with other non-Kurdic people.
    Ezdi Kurds are in general are actually hg. J2a and hg. R1b people. The most interesting thing is that while I am an Ezdi Kurds and Kurmanji with most of my roots from Northern Kurdistan and share most alleles with other Kurmanji Kurds, I do plot closer to the Sorani Kurds and even Lori Kurds.
    One of the explanations why I plot closer to the Sorani Kurds than to the Kurmanji Kurds is that Kurmanji Kurds are a little bit more shifted toward Anatolia, most likely as a result of mixing with the Armenians or something, while Sorani Kurds mixed less with other races than the Kurmanji Kurds.

I think some Y-DNA lineages like hg. R1a-Z94 in Kurdistan are a very young phenomenon and arrived with the Parthians who were mixed with the Scythians themselves.

I am convinced that proto-Western Iranics who were ancestral to the Medes had also a lot Y-DNA hg. R1b among them. Ezdi Kurds and other NorthWestern Iranics such as Talysh have also more hg. R1b than hg. R1a.

Conclusion:

The Medes: J2a, R1b, R2a, G2a, with some minor R1a* etc
    Parthians and Scythians: similar as the Medes but with much more extra R1a-Z94 in them.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratmir View Post
    So Kurds are now supposed to be proto-Indo-Europeans? No way, you've got to be kidding.
    No, we just live in the proto-indo-european homeland and probably have retained some of that original ancestry. It’s no surprise that the oldest reference to the Kurds is founded on a Sumerian clay tablet dated to the third millennium BC.

Last Online
    11-15-2022 @ 02:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    No, we just live in the proto-indo-european homeland and probably have retained some of that original ancestry. It’s no surprise that the oldest reference to the Kurds is founded on a Sumerian clay tablet dated to the third millennium BC.
    For me PIE means Steppe. You Kurds are low Steppe people and don't look North European at all. Only Armenians are even less Steppe.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 01:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

For me PIE means Steppe. You Kurds are low Steppe people and don't look North European at all. Only Armenians are even less Steppe.
    Kurds are closely related to the Mesopotamia. Kurds are also the Irn_Chl people and one of the people who plot very close to the ancient CHG people. I plot closer to the ancient CHG people than the native (northern) Caucasians themselves, such as Chechens.

That the Kurds are closer to the ancient PIEans is by far more likely than so called Eastern Europeans. Why? Because we Kurds are connected to the Upper Mesopotamia, Caucasus and the Iranian Plateau. We are at the centre of the ancient civilisations so to speak.

Original PIEan people were not Northern Europeans in the first place and didn't look like them.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Central/Northwestern Euro
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,986
    Given: 450

0 Not allowed!

Another non-White fantasy of their peeps being closer to PIEs genetically than the early Tarim mummies or the Hermitage Museum Scythians, etc, et al; and even self-hating Whites like Colin Renfrew were downplaying PIEs being White until genetic science made them apologize for their woke mistake. Out of India, out of Kurdopotamia = out of your asses.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXD60 View Post
    Another non-White fantasy of their peeps being closer to PIEs genetically than the early Tarim mummies or the Hermitage Museum Scythians, etc, et al; and even self-hating Whites like Colin Renfrew were downplaying PIEs being White until genetic science made them apologize for their woke mistake. Out of India, out of Kurdopotamia = out of your asses.

Have you even read the abstract? This has nothing to do with being “white” which is a socially constructed term. Get your head out of your ass.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Kurds have about 20% steppe related ancestry along with other Indo-Iranians. PIE has nothing to do with Northern Europe.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information