I study a bit Catholic Theology and im inspired by the other Thread "Vatican warning german german" to talk a bit about what I learned. One of the modules I listened was Christian Morals. And the speaker (a female theology graduate and proffessor) explained the teachings on family this way:

That in ancient times and medieval times, the family of man and woman and children and maybe grandparents was neccessary because of feudalism and economics, people had to have children so they will get support when they are old. Nowadays family is based only on love, so it shouldnt a problem if two males or two females marry, because family nowadays means only strictly two who love eatch other and they do not need children or a family otherwise like in the past for economics, household etc.

My critice: I feel like she completely lef out Gods will, she explains it only from a social science point of view, but completely leaves out that it is Gods will and a command "God created humans as male and female he created them, marry eatch other and fill the earth and multiply" Exodus that is a command and will of God. She completely left out the supernatural, side of that. She explains like a atheist also could believe it.