"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 11:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, and Romance
    Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic, Finnish, and Italian
    Ancestry
    Poland, Finnish, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, and U.K.
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,139
    Given: 2,862

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    You go from:
    "Polish army is in the battlefield and it's only them who hold russians from taking the whole ukraine"
    to:
    "Polish works with russians to share ukrainian territory"
    in less than two day because medvedev post a map.

Please, i trully don't care about your half baked opinion.
    You are French. You do not care about anything of any significance. That is why your grandfathers were Nazi fanboys. They were not smart enough to make decisions on their own.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Do you know how many soldiers China had to sacrifice to "win" Korea?

Look up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory
    Pal they almost pushed all of the UN Armies into the Pacific ocean. The point is the Chinese could have defeated the collective nations of the UN by themselves. They technically did with an Army that lacked firepower at that. 110,000 KIA another 300,000 WIA. This without much heavy armor, artillery, and air support. All of which the UN had and still failed to win.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Speaks for china and their willingness to sacrifice and fight, condinsering china was a poor nation that was in conflict with a power that just won ww2, had a booming economy and war machine running plus the UN, very impressive effort by North Korea and China.

The factions that fight the imperialistic, stronger, technologically more advanced and richer Superpower, are really impressive.

Taliban
    Vietcong
    Mujahideen of Iraq
    Chinese
    North Koreans
    Cubans
    Not really, it was just Mao's narcissism.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Slavic Italian View Post
    The Chinese are the masters of Guerrilla warfare. I don't think there is anything even the Russians could teach them. I watched a Korean War program called Fire and Ice. They destroyed UN Forces and infiltrated them from the flanks and rear and wrecked havoc. Through the years everybody kept saying the Chinese just utilized human waves. The veterans of the Korean war said that was BS themselves. The World War Two vets saying they were even more formidable than Imperial Japanese and Nazi forces. Now the truth has come out in this documentary.

Historian and Korean War veteran Bevin Alexander had this to say about Chinese tactics in his book How Wars Are Won:

The Chinese had no air power and were armed only with rifles, machineguns, hand grenades, and mortars. Against the much more heavily armed Americans, they adapted a technique they had used against the Nationalists in the Chinese civil war of 1946–49. The Chinese generally attacked at night and tried to close in on a small troop position—generally a platoon—and then attacked it with local superiority in numbers. The usual method was to infiltrate small units, from a platoon of fifty men to a company of 200, split into separate detachments. While one team cut off the escape route of the Americans, the others struck both the front and the flanks in concerted assaults. The attacks continued on all sides until the defenders were destroyed or forced to withdraw. The Chinese then crept forward to the open flank of the next platoon position, and repeated the tactics.

Roy Appleman further clarified the initial Chinese tactics as:

In the First Phase Offensive, highly skilled enemy light infantry troops had carried out the Chinese attacks, generally unaided by any weapons larger than mortars. Their attacks had demonstrated that the Chinese were well-trained disciplined fire fighters, and particularly adept at night fighting. They were masters of the art of camouflage. Their patrols were remarkably successful in locating the positions of the U.N. forces. They planned their attacks to get in the rear of these forces, cut them off from their escape and supply roads, and then send in frontal and flanking attacks to precipitate the battle. They also employed a tactic which they termed Hachi Shiki, which was a V-formation into which they allowed enemy forces to move; the sides of the V then closed around their enemy while another force moved below the mouth of the V to engage any forces attempting to relieve the trapped unit. Such were the tactics the Chinese used with great success at Onjong, Unsan, and Ch'osan, but with only partial success at Pakch'on and the Ch'ongch'on bridgehead.
    I don't buy that, because it was a complex situation. In the first place: When the People's Republic of China first intervened, they enjoyed an element of surprise. And, they did have overwhelming numbers. After the initial shock, the Allies did stabilize their positions, and the Chinese advances became impotent.

And, Bevin Alexander was mentioned, as an authority; I carefully read his Robert E Lee Biography, and it was terrible. Alexander did everything in his power magnify Lee's weaknesses and diminish his strong points. Lee's defensive skills was the only thing that got a compliment from Alexander.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The U.S. is in no situation to fight a war against anyone. They can not even recruit anyone to join these days. This is the weakest conventional military since 1939. Could not even beat half naked inbreds in Afghanistan. This is all theatre. They have been talking this shit since 1994. Nothing ever happens.
    In Afghanistan, Pakistan worked as a 5th Column, aiding & abetting the Taliban & other crazy Muslim fanatics. As for the Afghans, they were the wrong people for Americans to support, with a military presence. It was a case of weak-willed Muslims fighting other Muslims, and the other Muslims happened to be bloodthirsty fanatical nutcases.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    I don't buy that, because it was a complex situation. In the first place: When the People's Republic of China first intervened, they enjoyed an element of surprise. And, they did have overwhelming numbers. After the initial shock, the Allies did stabilize their positions, and the Chinese advances became impotent.

And, Bevin Alexander was mentioned, as an authority; I carefully read his Robert E Lee Biography, and it was terrible. Alexander did everything in his power magnify Lee's weaknesses and diminish his strong points. Lee's defensive skills was the only thing that got a compliment from Alexander.
    Only after MacArthur got relieved of duty did anything become stable for the UN. Ridgway prevented Korea from becoming a clean loss.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Believe what you want. I have relatives that fought there. They thought highly of the PVA soldier. Read the book Formidable Enemies.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Believe what you want. I have relatives that fought there. They thought highly of the PVA soldier. Read the book Formidable Enemies.
    I never said that the People's Volunteer Army (PVA) wasn't a formidable opponent, because it was and is formidable. I think your comment had merit, and I should go back and look at it again; but, I sensed that you have an agenda (with it), an agenda for giving the American Military a bad name, and I don't buy that.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

0 Not allowed!

Only after MacArthur got relieved of duty did anything become stable for the UN. Ridgway prevented Korea from becoming a clean loss.
    We'll never know. MacArthur actually wanted to nuke the fuck out of China (that's probably the reason he was relieved).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I never said that the People's Volunteer Army (PVA) wasn't a formidable opponent, because it was and is formidable. I think your comment had merit, and I should go back and look at it again; but, I sensed that you have an agenda (with it), an agenda for giving the American Military a bad name, and I don't buy that.
    Pal I served in the American military so don't give me your shit like you think you have insights that you don't have. I even earned a Commendation from General Franks during Desert Storm.
    Last edited by Slavic Italian; 07-31-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information