Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pristina’s goal is exile of Serbs from Kosovo and Metohija – Serbian official

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,134
    Given: 9,065

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PAGANE View Post
    Yes, but it is recognized as Kosovo, not as Dardania You use Slavic toponymy, and you persecute the Slavs. We know about the atrocities of the Albanians as well as the Serbs. I am not pro-Serbian, but in this case justice is on the side of the Serbs.
    You are, how is a slavic toponym have to do something with being in possesion with, thats the most alogical thing Ive heard in a long time. As I said Alenka dumb you also, Michael Jackson and Jordan are both British, case done.
    Justice to Serbs XDDDD Next jk pls

Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    It's called double standarts. Serbs don't respect Kosovo Albanians, and they can stay 90 days in Serbia and do the shit thing with license plate. Kosovo government is basically just applying same thing on Serb themself.
    So it's really ironic they start to cry. Also let me repeat many Serbs in Kosovo don't pay any taxes and in Mitrovica they literally have free hand, like living in a no mans land.
    I can understand Serbian's attachment for Kosovo, because it is the center of their national history (along with Raska and Macedonia), the Empire of Dusan (Dusanovo carstvo)

I can understand also KS Albanians right to sovereignty since they are the obvious majority

But the reality since the collapse of Ottoman Empire to nowadays is a total demographic change; many Serbs left : because of social pressure/passive-aggressive threats from Albianans ? or because just economic opportunities to move to Belgrade during Yugoslavian development, along with general worldwide trend of rural exodus, and thus selling their land to local Albanians ?, honestly, it's not black and white, and somewhere in the middle + illiterate rural Albanians had fertility rates 2-3x times higher than Serbs

All in all, in one century, we moved from a 60% Albanians and 40% Serbs, to an absolute Albanian majority (>95%), hostile to Serbian rule, and also economically less developed (the gap was huge during Yugoslavian times : travelling from Slovenia, which was Western European level of development, to Kosovo which was MENA-level of development, was too expensive and unbearable for the central Yugoslavian regime, if not for the symbolic value of Kosovo).

That's why I don't really get what Serbs want to achieve in practice : let's say, even in a scenario of "reconquista", how would you manage 2 million people hostile to you + economically behind the rest of Serbia ? It has no practical basis. I don't see how in practice we can move back from an independant Kosovo to again a Serbian autonomous region

Only reasonable proposition would be an exchange of Mitrovica with Presevo-Bujanovac + for the remaining areas, full equal rights ofc. + Free visa travelling zone and free trade for business for both Serbians and Kosovans to both countries
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alenka View Post

Why are you quoting me dumbo? You already proved you make no sense, Michael Jackson is British we already know that based on your logic, lol. Albanians didn't have any reason to call Kosovo in any names because we claim much bigger territory than just current Kosovo border.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueState View Post
    All in all, in one century, we moved from a 60% Albanians and 40% Serbs, to an absolute Albanian majority (>95%), hostile to Serbian rule, and also economically less developed (the gap was huge during Yugoslavian times : travelling from Slovenia, which was Western European level of development, to Kosovo which was MENA-level of development, was too expensive and unbearable for the central Yugoslavian regime, if not for the symbolic value of Kosovo).

You already said it here having just even 1 % more percent above 50 is enough than enough for Albanians to claim Kosovo. Imagine claiming a land you can't even make more than 50%+ majority. Not just Serbs can claim Kosovo. Bulgars also had Kosovo, Romans did, Dacians did, Macedonians did and? We were here before the Christ and are here even now. I guess immigrants comming to UK like Pakistanis can now claim UK to be their country.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

1 Not allowed!

Do you have something against the Orthodox?
    The fact that the churches were built in the 20th century/in your words/ means, according to you Albanians, that they should be destroyed?
    That Albania itself at the beginning of the 20th century was dominated by Christians.
    But to tell me that Kosovo had no churches, considering that since the Middle Ages it has been part of the Bulgarian state, and then of Serbia, is simply ridiculous. Even in the Ottoman period it was not with an Albanian population
    ...Even if a man lives well, he dies and another one comes into existence. Let the one who comes later upon seeing this inscription remember the one who had made it. And the name is Omurtag, Kanasubigi.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PAGANE View Post
    Do you have something against the Orthodox?
    The fact that the churches were built in the 20th century/in your words/ means, according to you Albanians, that they should be destroyed?
    That Albania itself at the beginning of the 20th century was dominated by Christians.
    But to tell me that Kosovo had no churches, considering that since the Middle Ages it has been part of the Bulgarian state, and then of Serbia, is simply ridiculous. Even in the Ottoman period it was not with an Albanian population
    Where do you get that? Im saying Serbs used their church allways to change names, history, affiliate people etc. Serbs like to show the one famous video where an Albanian destroys their church, it doesn't surprise me since his surroudings were massacred.
    Also then again and what if there was an influence of catholicism in Kosovo? Does that change anything lol? Religion is your own belief everyone should belief for himself.
    Quote me where I said your last sentence, dont put words in my mouth you dummy. I said most, not all. And that's a fact, you can check all the dates, I've literally counted myself several years ago.
    Tell me again how Serbs after the war were treated we do all care so much. They could be happy they didn't get massacred for the ugly stuff they did for last years. 800thousand Albanians without their houses, 20k raped woman more than 24 commited genocides, that's nothing. Alll those people when they got back home into nothing should have greeted Serbs with cookies and tea.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    You already said it here having just even 1 % more percent above 50 is enough than enough for Albanians to claim Kosovo. Imagine claiming a land you can't even make more than 50%+ majority. Not just Serbs can claim Kosovo. Bulgars also had Kosovo, Romans did, Dacians did, Macedonians did and? We were here before the Christ and are here even now. I guess immigrants comming to UK like Pakistanis can now claim UK to be their country.
    The dialectic between two fundamental rights : national integrity and right of people to self-determination, is one of main reason of conflicts in modern times

Common historians' consensus is that if we look at the long run of history, homogenous states (thus aligned with ethnic lines) are source of peace, and conversely, tensions arise when ethnic groups are spread in different countries.

Israel and Palestine, Germans and Anschluss of Austria + Sudeten, Russia and Ukraine with Crimea and Donbass, Russia and Caucasus in general (like Abkhazia), Romania and Moldova, Serbs and Albanians with Kosovo (or also potentially Macedonia), Bulgarians and Macedonians, Catalans in Spain, Scots in the UK, Kurds in Turkey-Syria-Iraq-Iran, India-Pakistan, French Quebec and Canada, Flemish region in Belgium, Corsica in France, not to mention Africa's fucked up national borders (Hutu-Tutsi in Congo's Kivu region near Rwanda, Sudan and Darfur, Somalia, North Nigeria, North Cameroon, Tuaregs in Mali-South Algeria, ...) all have their own dynamics and similarities,

but as I said, I do tend to favor the demographic argument from a democratic perspective : if a majority of people don't feel belonging to one state and want to be independant or join their "motherland", then let them do it

If this minority is too tiny or spread geographically, thus unable to reach critical mass to be a self-governing country, there is no point to seek independence but rather seek cultural/minority special rights with central government.

It's just common sense to me.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,433
    Given: 13,138

2 Not allowed!

Being realistic, Kosovo has become a demographic nightmare, so there's no point to board that sinking ship. What I don't understand though, is why Serbia never annexed the serbian parts on the north.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Being realistic, Kosovo has become a demographic nightmare, so there's no point to board that sinking ship. What I don't understand though, is why Serbia never annexed the serbian parts on the north.
    Because it would be admitting they lost Kosovo if they concede to just "take back" the North (Mitrovica-Zvecan region)

It's the difference between being an idealist and being pragmatic. In the mean time, it's the Serb minority in the North that is suffering from this "status quo" and administrative grey-blurry situation

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly Atlantid with Dinaric influence.
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,594
    Given: 48,323

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Can you be more specific as for why Kosovo is a demographic nightmare?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information