PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Do mixed people mix more? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do mixed people mix more?

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2023 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,017
    Given: 505

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    Yes, we do.
    Thanks for info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Yes, because they don't have much to preserve.
    Hmm, interesting. I suppose the same way people who are rich want to marry other rich people?
    Maybe culturally it's similar. For instance, here in Sweden, I've noticed that many swedes don't think promiscuity is an issue, but I would never like to have that in my own home and I think it's degenerate while they think it's totally normal...
    And I noticed how people of similar mixes often end up together.
    My grandmother parents for example were both half German half Balkan. My parents are both half Dalmatian Islanders half Pannonian so to say. Etc.
    Interesting. Yeah, where my parents are from people don't really appreciate western people because they have usually done something annoying, like occupying.
    Although, as far as I'm aware the germans who stayed (in Croatia) didn't want to be in the military.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

My anecdotal experience is that people who are mixed tend to gravitate toward people who are mixed in the same way as they are, i.e. mulattoes will often prefer other mulattoes. In that sense they're actually being ethnocentric, since they're pursuing people with more similar genomic profiles. That being said, I think mixed people are considerably more likely to approach people who are genetically different if they have a weak sense of identity, to which they are naturally predisposed given their heterogeneous background in an often homogeneous environment. This is not as big of an issue in places like Brazil for obvious reasons.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2023 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,017
    Given: 505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grom View Post
    My anecdotal experience is that people who are mixed tend to gravitate toward people who are mixed in the same way as they are, i.e. mulattoes will often prefer other mulattoes. In that sense they're actually being ethnocentric, since they're pursuing people with more similar genomic profiles.
    You're correct. But can't it be said that most groups were mixed in the beginning but are now a stable concentration of people? The thing is, when a group acts homogeneously it will develop those traits in an original way. And in the end they will be distinct, which is also where they will have developed a strong identity?
    Also, if one phenotype is genetically more dominant then could you suppose that it is also mentally predominant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grom View Post
    That being said, I think mixed people are considerably more likely to approach people who are genetically different if they have a weak sense of identity, to which they are naturally predisposed given their heterogenous background in an often genetically homogenous environment. This is not as big of an issue in places like Brazil for obvious reasons.
    Makes sense.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    You're correct. But can't it be said that most groups were mixed in the beginning but are now a stable concentration of people? The thing is, when a group acts homogeneously it will develop those traits in an original way. And in the end they will be distinct, which is also where they will have developed a strong identity?
    Also, if one phenotype is genetically more dominant then could you suppose that it is also mentally predominant?
    Everyone is mixed if we're going to be technical about it, it's just that when we refer to homogeneous ethnicities we're actually talking about a mix that has remained the same for an extended period of time after its initial ethnogenesis, which is what makes them "pure" relative to other populations. By nature, we approach people who are more genetically similar to us because it results in higher genetic fitness for ourselves and our offspring, so there's no need to develop a strong identity in a cultural sense; mixed people are distinct relative to their surroundings by default. It's easy for a mixed person to recognize another similarly mixed individual, so the impetus for reproducing with them is already there.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Double post

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

2 Not allowed!

Yes, because they don't have much to preserve. And I noticed how people of similar mixes often end up together.
    My grandmother parents for example were both half German half Balkan. My parents are both half Dalmatian Islanders half Pannonian so to say. Etc.
    Nothing to preserve? No offence, but you have little to no idea about how some of us think. I for one would not allow my potential daughter to date anyone but a Slav or an Iberian.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,885

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Nothing to preserve? No offence, but you have little to no idea about how some of us think. I for one would not allow my potential daughter to date anyone but a Slav or an Iberian.
    What if someone is 50% iberian, 25% slavic and 25% french?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,435
    Given: 6,777

2 Not allowed!

Do mixed people mix more?

I have noticed that people who have parents of different mixtures (ethnically) mix more.
    I fully agree to that observation.

And to my conviction this is because they have got somewhat de-rooted, by not fully belonging to an existent ethnicity.

I myself have always found it natural to have a family with someone of your own kind.
    And those that don't mix have children who don't mix and "want their own type". (...)
    I wouldn't want to mix even if I was African.

Or is this just coincidence?
    No and I think that your observation reflects something pretty natural: Every life form in nature tries to go on living, if not in person - because we must all once die - then at least in one's kind.

Think about the words even. It's not called production, but RE-production (inte plantning, men FORT-plantning (means FORTH-planting)). This indicates already that it's not about breeding whatsoever, but one's own kind. Only that makes it a RE-production. If a White and a Black breed a mulatto, this is produced, but not RE-produced. Neither the White nor the Black gets RE-produced by a mulatto. Two mulattos may then again re-produce.

All this has to be told apart from breeding with partners that may have a different mentally or also a different look within the frame of the same identifying reproduction community. A reproduction community can biologically also be interpreted as an own organic biological being. What exists long term is not the single individual, but its reproduction community. This has - theoretically - an eternal life. It can cease to exist, of course, but it must not.

Chosing breeding partners with complementary traits can be something good for both, biologically and functionally in the relationship. But how and if, is more a matter of taste and does not really touch the matter of identity.

This [striving for own-kind off-spring] is also true when I look at those relatives who have mixed, and they end up having children that mix.
    Yes, but after they have no deeper roots in what they are (parents and grandparents are not alike etc.) there is no own soldid identity and they will be more prone to farther going mixtures. Have an eye on that.

There are some mixtures where you could say there are not much objections, because the ethnicities are almost the same, like German and Dutch. Both are Germans in a wider sense. And nevertheless I'd say: Better not!

Why?

Because both individuals likely do not have this consciousness and a child will be loosened in its ties both to a Dutch and to a German ethnicity. The mental hirdle for such an individual to later marry outside Dutch/German is notably lowered. Next is than a Greek and than a Korean etc. So actually already a Dutch/German breeding would harbour the danger to mentally de-root the offspring.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    What if someone is 50% iberian, 25% slavic and 25% french?
    On the edge, but still acceptable, since I apparently have some distant ancestry from Iparralde. :-) On a more serious note, my post was of course a simplification. You cannot really draw a straight line, since human ancestry is rather continuous. We can go with this line of thinking ad-absurdum, but there is always a point when it fails. Sometimes you just have to rely on 'you know it when you see it' rather than exact definitions. For example, Erronkari and alnorte are Spanish to me.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,435
    Given: 6,777

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    I think that all conditions basically are equally liked to be preserved, but unless you develop a whole community with a resembling background (like Mexicans out of their mixture) you have practical problems and problems of not being much rooted. If I would be half Czech, half Basque, I would also not conclude that now nothing matters anymore.

But also what you say demonstrates what I told above in another comment as for a further de-rooting effect. You already spoke about Slavs instead of Czechs. I understand this, no question, but I just wanted to point out that this is the way it usually works.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information