Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

3 Not allowed!

Default Amnesty International accuses Ukraine of War Crimes

Amnesty International says Ukrainian Armed Forces violating humanitarian law

From CNN's AnneClaire Stapleton

Ukrainian forces have put civilians in harm’s way by establishing bases and operating weapons systems in populated residential areas, including in schools and hospitals, as they try to repel the Russian invasion that began in February, Amnesty International said in a statement on Thursday.

It said that such tactics violate international humanitarian law and endanger civilians, as they turn civilian objects into military targets.

“We have documented a pattern of Ukrainian forces putting civilians at risk and violating the laws of war when they operate in populated areas,” said Agnčs Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General. “Being in a defensive position does not exempt the Ukrainian military from respecting international humanitarian law.”

Not every Russian attack documented by Amnesty International followed this pattern, the statement added, saying:

In certain other locations in which Amnesty International concluded that Russia had committed war crimes, including in some areas of the city of Kharkiv, the organization did not find evidence of Ukrainian forces located in the civilian areas unlawfully targeted by the Russian military. Between April and July, Amnesty International researchers spent several weeks investigating Russian strikes in the Kharkiv, Donbas and Mykolaiv regions.
    Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak criticized the Amnesty report, accusing Moscow of trying to "discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the eyes of Western societies." It was, he added in a tweet, "a shame that the organization like Amnesty is participating in this disinformation and propaganda campaign."

"The only thing that poses a threat to Ukrainians is (Russian) army of executioners and rapists coming to (Ukraine) to commit genocide," he said in the tweet.

Amnesty said that throughout the investigations, researchers found evidence of Ukrainian forces launching strikes from within populated residential areas as well as basing themselves in civilian buildings in 19 towns and villages in the regions.

Most residential areas where soldiers located themselves were kilometers away from front lines, according to the statement.

Amnesty International said viable alternatives were available that would not endanger civilians -- such as military bases or densely wooded areas nearby, or other structures further away from residential areas.

It also said that on the cases it documented, Amnesty International was not aware that the Ukrainian military who located themselves in civilian structures in residential areas asked or assisted civilians to evacuate nearby buildings which amounts to a failure to take all feasible precautions to protect civilians.

Podolyak said protecting civilians is the priority of Ukrainian forces. "Our defenders protect their nation and families. People's lives are the priority for Ukraine, that is why we are evacuating residents of front-line cities," he said.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-...487fa7edeccfba
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,774

1 Not allowed!

There are no saints and heroes in war. To believe otherwise is to engage in myth.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    There are no saints and heroes in war. To believe otherwise is to engage in myth.
    Yes but this is a clear pattern of the Ukrainian armed forces, to hide within sensitive civilian places like schools and hospitals. The Russian military does not do this. It is considered a war crime, and is now widely documented by a respectable organisation, and even published by CNN, as you can see here. They are usually biased against Russia. This is a very damning report for the Ukrainian reputation in the West.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,774

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes but this is a clear pattern of the Ukrainian armed forces, to hide within sensitive civilian places like schools and hospitals. The Russian military does not do this. It is considered a war crime, and is now widely documented by a respectable organisation, and even published by CNN, as you can see here. They are usually biased against Russia. This is a very damning report for the Ukrainian reputation in the West.
    At the very least, it should give us pause for thought when it comes to including Ukraine in either NATO or the EU (organisations that, in different but not entirely unrelated ways, have become too big for their boots - and I say this as a Remainer).

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2023 @ 05:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,017
    Given: 505

2 Not allowed!

This isn't surprising. I knew something wasn't right and now it's confirmed that the russians didn't lie about this.
    And it's very racist how little empathy people in the West have for russians and how easily they are convinced that russians would rape and destroy.
    Yes, there are some that do those things, and I dislike it very much, but many russians are nice people.
    Last edited by Atlantic Reptilian; 08-04-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ukrainian army preparing false-flag operation near Slavyansk — top brass

6 AUG, 21:29
    Ukrainian army preparing false-flag operation near Slavyansk — top brass
    According to the general, foreign journalists arrived in the city to take photos and shoot videos about the alleged "civilian killings by Russians" and then publish them in the Ukrainian and Western media

© Sergei Fadeichev/TASS
    MOSCOW, August 6. /TASS/. The Ukrainian Armed Forces prepare another false-flag operation entailing civilian casualties outside Slavyansk in the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) to pin the blame for indiscriminate strikes on Russian troops, Colonel-General Mikhail Mizintsev, chief of Russia’s National Defense Management Center, said on Saturday.

"It is reliably known that the command of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, through the 72nd center for information and psychological operation, are staging another large-scale provocation involving civilian fatalities as a result of alleged indiscriminate strikes by the Russian Armed Forces," said Mizintsev, who heads the Russian Joint Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response in Ukraine.

"For its implementation, mortar crews have been deployed outside Slavyansk, the Donetsk People’s Republic, which are planned to shell the locations where the local population and refugees live (Geologicheskaya Street) on August 7, 2022 when humanitarian aid is handed out," he added.

According to the general, foreign journalists arrived in the city to take photos and shoot videos about the alleged "civilian killings by Russians" and then publish them in the Ukrainian and Western media.

"We are warning the world community and international organizations in advance about the cynical provocation being prepared by the Ukrainian authorities. Civilians may suffer in it, while the Kiev regime will blame the Russian Armed Forces for civilian deaths following a well-tested scenario," the general said.

https://tass.com/defense/1490399

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    All is fair in love and war .

"...Two lawyers who have never met can nevertheless combine efforts to defend a complete stranger because they both believe in the existence of laws, justice, human rights – and the money paid out in fees.

Yet none of these things exists outside the stories that people invent and tell one another. There are no gods in the universe, no nations, no money, no human rights, no laws, and no justice outside the common imagination of human beings.

People easily understand that ‘primitives’ cement their social order by believing in ghosts and spirits, and gathering each full moon to dance together around the campfire. What we fail to appreciate is that our modern institutions function on exactly the same basis. .." -Yuval Noah Hararri, Sapiens

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,490
    Given: 6,431

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Reptilian View Post
    This isn't surprising. I knew something wasn't right and now it's confirmed that the russians didn't lie about this.
    And it's very racist how little empathy people in the West have for russians and how easily they are convinced that russians would rape and destroy.
    Yes, there are some that do those things, and I dislike it very much, but many russians are nice people.
    I know what you mean. My cousin is half Russian, and I don't notice any horns on her head.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    I know what you mean. My cousin is half Russian, and I don't notice any horns on her head.
    Of course not
    Here in Sweden, some people, the "anti-racist" racists, seem to very easily lose empathy for russians as soon as they hear something very bad about them in media, like accusations of rape, you know what happened in Bucha. It's like they have an immense hatred for russians deep down...
    I personally had a very skeptical stance on the news since they came from the Ukrainian state officials or Western news media.
    And there are many anomalies about all this, I would say.
    For instance, when there was a genocide in Srebrenica no one reacted in this way. Which makes all this even more suspect.

And maybe this is my Slavic bias, but saying russians would do such a thing is like saying a family member, or even I, would do such a thing. I would never do that. It's disgusting.
    But let's say a person in one's village/society did this, I think many people would be standing outside their door...

I also think russians don't care as much about publicity and so they don't put much effort into their own image. This is common among Slavs. They want results.
    I myself hate lying. It's a very rigid morality but I suppose there is some good to it too.

Slava Ukrainii
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    And when you start looking up the sources to the articles you get Ukrainian governmental agencies, or Maxar Technologies etc.
    So you have to take them for their word to some extent.

Of course everything cannot be staged, but pictures can be edited.
    And considering how Maxar Technologies Inc. is listed on the NYSE it's not impossible for powerful people to have a big stake in the company.
    Shareholders have a say in who's going to be director in the Board of Directors, which ultimately manages the corporation.

Here is a list of the biggest investors:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stoc...cw?duration=1D

Now you have to consider who the biggest owners of the banks are etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information