PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Which Europeans in your opinion least resemble your own ethnicity/nationality? - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Europeans in your opinion least resemble your own ethnicity/nationality?

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Don't be silly. You don't look Finnish but certainly nothing like an Arab either.
    I was obviously joking, but I was indeed mistaken for an Arab multiple times. I know I don't look like one, but some people with little experience can't tell.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Northen ghegh albanian
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Dardania
    Politics
    Ballist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 136

0 Not allowed!

Finland… karelia and other northern european regions

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2022 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    LDS
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    One of the most moronic and ignorant comments I have read since I started participating on this forum like 9 years ago, LOL

First of all, Iberians, Greeks, South Italians aren't as dark as you imagine them to be based on ridiculous Hollywood cliches.

Secondly, Spaniards are far from being the darkest Euros. They are more or less on par, in overall skin/hair/eye pigmentation with Central Italians, Serbs, Bulgarians, Romanians, Macedonians, Albanians, etc.

Third, Spaniards are far from being the European furthest away from British, since they are geographically relatively close to Britain (in Europe, there is a certain correlation between geographic distance and genetic proximity). South eastern Euros, like Greeks, Bulgarians, Albanians and what not, are even further away from British than Spaniards. Not pretending Spaniards are close to British, just saying they aren't the most distant to them either. I couldn't care less, because I don't give a fuck about British. Just saying.

Dark complexion my ass. I'm mostly of Spanish stock and I have very fair skin, chestnut hair, blue eyes, and blend in without being noticed among white Muricans. Lots of Spaniards blend in just fine among them (they don't look like the Latino stereotype you have in mind. They are NOT the same as the Caribbean triracials and Central American very Amerindian-mixed people you are exposed to. You probably are so dumb and ignorant that think that Jennifer Lopez is a full Spaniard, LOL). Am I saying with this that most Spaniards are blond, light eyed, and look Nordic? NOT. But lots of white Anglos aren't blond and Nordic either. Without mentioning that Spaniards also have their decent share of blondish/light eyed individuals (at a lower rate than European populations more northern than them, but still), just like any other European population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Yes I find it funny how many people seem to "forget" about the Balkans when they think of Southern Europe. (Granted, Slovenia and Croatia are arguably more Central than Southern European in culture and phenotype, but not really the others).
    I've traveled to Spain and I can assure you that they are among the darkest Europeans. I think you may be focused on Spaniards being perceived as light because it is some sort of status symbol in Latino culture. Who said swarthy is a bad thing? I wish I was more tan myself.

I've been to the Balkans too and they are lighter on average. Many Spaniards and Portuguese also have a bit of NA genetics. According to a study on the subject, during the previous few thousand years, the Spanish and the Italians have shared the fewest genes with other Europeans. Additionally, Slavic groups share the most genes and are the most closely related. Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3646727/

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasseriu View Post
    I didn't take anything far. That leech mentioned Catalans for no reason and I responded with facts.
    I don't know if you still have contact with Euskadi and Basques but you won't find many who agree with you regarding "I am Spanish aswell". In fact they use to say that it's impossible to be Spanish and French at the same time so they're only Basques.
    That's outright false. And of course I do. We make regular calls with my cousins.

Most of the Basques consider themselves to be both Basque and Spanish. As evidenced in here:

Even though it is very difficult to establish, the standard division of Basque society used by many sociologists is one where around 15 per cent see themselves as exclusively Basque, another 15 per cent as only Spanish, and the remaining 70 per cent as both Basque and Spanish in different degrees.
    Original article:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2009/...ic-basque-poll

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

This man has an unhealthy obsession, I don't know how many new fake accounts he can make every day to repeat the same thing over and over again. Sometimes several of his accounts are in the same thread at the same time and he responds to himself pretending to be someone else.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

I didn't take anything far. That leech mentioned Catalans for no reason and I responded with facts.
    I don't know if you still have contact with Euskadi and Basques but you won't find many who agree with you regarding "I am Spanish aswell". In fact they use to say that it's impossible to be Spanish and French at the same time so they're only Basques.
    If you want, I'll introduce you to a few.

Los vascos se sienten cada vez más 'españoles' y menos independentistas
    La población que afirma sentirse "igual de vascos que de españoles" ha pasado del 32% al 40% en los últimos años. El apoyo a la independencia ha tocado suelo en 2021 con un respaldo del 19%.
    https://www.elindependiente.com/espa...ependentistas/

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,938

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B Hardagin View Post
    I've traveled to Spain and I can assure you that they are among the darkest Europeans. I think you may be focused on Spaniards being perceived as light because it is some sort of status symbol in Latino culture. Who said swarthy is a bad thing? I wish I was more tan myself.

I've been to the Balkans too and they are lighter on average. Many Spaniards and Portuguese also have a bit of NA genetics. According to a study on the subject, during the previous few thousand years, the Spanish and the Italians have shared the fewest genes with other Europeans. Additionally, Slavic groups share the most genes and are the most closely related. Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3646727/
    I doubt you traveled to Spain. Other wise you wouldn't be saying such stupidities.

I don't pretend Spaniards are light at the same level as French, Central Europeans, NW Europeans and what not, or that they are mostly blond or anything like that. Don't be ridiculous. But they aren't dark in an exotic, peripheral, almost non-European way as you seem to imply. All southern Euros are among the darkest Europeans, not only Spaniards in particular. And Spaniards aren't the darkest. They are at the same level as central Italians and several Balkan countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, etc. That's it.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Yo para ser feliz quiero un menhir. B01AB20's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-03-2023 @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,586
    Given: 3,544

0 Not allowed!

He said Spanish, not Catalans. For a reason Catalans have the highest Steppe input in the Iberian Peninsula and the lowest North African after Basques, that's why they're genetically closer to white Americans than any other population of Spain and the rest mentioned.

You should know this since you're a starving Spanish immigrant living in Catalonia. I guess we need a wall to keep you Moorish borderhoppers contained in your shithole of a country.
    I just wanted you to bark once again your usual hate speech on one your (100 already?) accounts.

OK, that's it. Buen chico.

Last edited by B01AB20; 08-07-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2022 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    LDS
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    I doubt you traveled to Spain. Other wise you wouldn't be saying such stupidities.

I don't pretend Spaniards are light at the same level as French, Central Europeans, NW Europeans and what not, or that they are mostly blond or anything like that. Don't be ridiculous. But they aren't dark in an exotic, peripheral, almost non-European way as you seem to imply. All southern Euros are among the darkest Europeans, not only Spaniards in particular. And Spaniards aren't the darkest. They are at the same level as central Italians and several Balkan countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, etc. That's it.
    I traveled with my wife that passed two years ago, God bless her. Maybe we say Spanish are not the darkest but in darkest 1/3 of Europe. Me saying Spanish don't look exactly like white Americans is a complement because a lot of us are fat and patsy, including myself. Why you see looking like white American as the best thing?

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,978
    Given: 12,775

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    That's outright false. And of course I do. We make regular calls with my cousins.

Most of the Basques consider themselves to be both Basque and Spanish. As evidenced in here:

Original article:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2009/...ic-basque-poll
    You're talking to a crazy person with a double-digit IQ. He's got his narrative and he's sticking to it regardless of the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by B01AB20 View Post
    I just wanted you to bark once again your usual hate speech on one your (100 already?) accounts.
    Sir, you've committed a hate crime yourself against the Catalan people and I'm sure you'll be punished by the international court of law. I'm going to call them right now and we'll see who is sorry!!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information