W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

2 Not allowed!

Default A Norwegian's impression of Gdansk and Budapest

So I recently travelled to Gdansk and Budapest on two boys trips to party and explore the cities. Thought it would be interesting for the people here what my impression is of those two cities being that I am from Norway, so here I go.

The aesthetic of the city and tourist attractions:
    Both Gdansk and Budapest looked really cool and they both had their own beautiful, yet different vibe. Budapest was much, much bigger and offered a lot more to explore, but at the same time it suffers (from a Norwegian perspective) of not being that pedestrian friendly. Gdansk was a lot more pedestrian friendly. Either way, Budapest was much bigger and as a tourist I'd recommend going to Budapest to explore instead of Gdansk simply due to the size difference.

The food and drinks:
    From the bars, clubs and restaurants we went to I found that the food was simply a lot better in Budapest. I did not care that much for the food in Gdansk, yet in Gdansk the drinks were better and so was the beer. Another thing is that Gdansk was also cheaper.

Partying culture:
    Budapest felt much more familiar to Oslo than Gdansk when it came to partying and the women. The clubs in Budapest, just like in Oslo, were larger and had a male majority, while the ones in Gdansk had more women and were also smaller. The hookup culture seems to also be alive and well in Budapest; the women seemed more open to making out, hooking up etc. while the women in Gdansk were mostly interested in only dancing. The women in Gdansk were also a lot easier to approach, and judging by the shitton of young couples I saw in Gdansk in comparison to Oslo/ Budapest + using tinder there, I got the impression that women in Gdansk were a lot more traditional. Meaning that they looked for a good guy to form a serious relationship with and were willing to make some sacrifices to make that happen (looks wise), meanwhile, just like in Norway, Hungarian women, just like Norwegian ones, seemed more picky when it came to looks and didn't mind a casual hookup if that meant getting a better looking dude. I also saw no one making out in clubs in Gdansk, meanwhile it was normal in Budapest. Therefore for hook-ups Budapest is better, but for something serious Gdansk is better.

The women:
    Now the women in Gdansk and Budapest were both very beautiful, but so are women in Norway. I would say that in Gdansk the women there were not as beautiful as the Norwegian women, yet there are less really unattractive women in Gdansk compared to Oslo, mostly due to the culture. Norwegian women will sometimes make themselves ugly by doing weird stuff to their appearance. Budapest however, had women on par, if not better, than Norwegian women. Hungarian women are simply gorgeous and in comparison to for example German women, are much more beautiful. Either way, for a serious relationship I still got a better impression of the Polish women as they seemed less westernized, picky and stuck up.

Finally for anthrotards:
    The people of Poland looked much more like Norwegians than Hungarians. Hungarians have darker features and are somewhat smaller, both in their build and height, compared to Poles and Norwegians. Poles were much harder to distinguish from Norwegians than Hungarians, but overall, from a now recovered anthrotard, they both looked like normal people.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2022 @ 03:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fascism
    Country
    Greenland
    Taxonomy
    Fascism
    Politics
    seeing people of a different ethnicity than mine being killed is pretty pleasurable.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    Finally for anthrotards:
    The people of Poland looked much more like Norwegians than Hungarians. Hungarians have darker features and are somewhat smaller, both in their build and height, compared to Poles and Norwegians. Poles were much harder to distinguish from Norwegians than Hungarians, but overall, from a now recovered anthrotard, they both looked like normal people.
    We should include Poland as a extension of Scandinavia xd

jokes aside, the trip must have been nice.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Volvado Seja View Post
    We should include Poland as a extension of Scandinavia xd

jokes aside, the trip must have been nice.
    The nigga is half Romanian I am probably more Viking straight outta Britain and Poles ain't my peeps ! :

G25 :

Target: Kevin_scaled
    Distance: 2.5833% / 0.02583313 | R3P | ADC: 0.5x RC
    81.6 Norwegian
    18.4 Spanish_Soria

Distanceto:Kevin_scaled
    0.02829386 Dutch
    0.02982029 Norwegian
    0.03080579 Danish

G25 Vikings :
    Distance to: Kevin_scaled
    0.02109357 UK_Dorset_England:VK256
    0.02334443 Denmark_Langeland:VK285
    0.02461640 Denmark_Jutland:VK328
    0.02570348 Sweden_Skara:VK400
    0.02602278 Denmark_Funen:VK373

Distance to: UK_Dorset_England:VK256
    0.03410561 North_and_West_European:West_Centra: Dutchl
    0.03422604 Scandinavian
    0.03733926 Irish_Scottish_Welsh
    0.03908804 English
    0.04468172 North_and_West_European:French_Central

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,272
    Given: 9,857

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    I got the impression that women in Gdansk were a lot more traditional.
    Of course because Budapest is the Seattle of eastern EU. Very leftist place.

Thread Information