Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Taoists so Cool?Why Daoshis so Cool and Handsome?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Yep. Or “Emptiness” and how it works.
    My own sect is also based on this "emptiness" but not taking it too literally: for me Emptiness is a reality above reality, something more real than real. This is from my sect not really extracted or refered from any Buddhist testaments. I am taking a more active conception of the idea than what most people take it to be: not as an emptiness in negation of all things or desires, nor a literal emptiness but conceptual. I put a lot of dialectical forces into many ideas from religious ambiguities to make them ideologically active and practical, this is what I am doing.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My sect is very cool, but it is not the time to reveal it now. It needs a circle like Mozi`s warrior society where can I have it? btw, my warriors are not allowed to own land too, indian kshyastrias are not my fellows, rather japanese ronins an mumluks in ancient times would be my students.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    My own sect is also based on this "emptiness" but not taking it too literally: for me Emptiness is a reality above reality, something more real than real. This is from my sect not really extracted or refered from any Buddhist testaments. I am taking a more active conception of the idea than what most people take it to be: not as an emptiness in negation of all things or desires, nor a literal emptiness but conceptual. I put a lot of dialectical forces into many ideas from religious ambiguities to make them ideologically active and practical, this is what I am doing.
    Yes of course.
    If I used my own word, I would just use the word “Space”.
    Without Space, we cannot see Form.
    And without Space, we cannot recognize the interrelated Energy between the manifest and unmanifest realities.
    After all, everything is Emptiness - Energy.
    How we recognize, work or utilize or ‘build’ this Energy, I guess here the differences or different ways come in and I just naturally experience Energy the way ancestors did, because it is still there in the “collective subconscious”.
    Last edited by Aila; 08-23-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Coming from the old Shamanic Animist worldview that everything has spirit or soul, “Emptiness-Energy” is easier to understand or comprehend.

I wouldn’t put down a Westerner’s genuine experiences on the search for a path either:

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes of course.
    If I used my own word, I would just use the word “Space”.
    Without Space, we cannot see Form.
    And without Space, we cannot recognize the interrelated Energy between the manifest and unmanifest realities.
    After all, everything is Emptiness - Energy.
    How we recognize, work or utilize or ‘build’ this Energy, I guess here the differences or different ways come in and I just naturally experience Energy the way ancestors did, because it is still there in the “collective subconscious”.
    The main bodies of Buddhist teachings are not acessible to most people as a matter of fact, there are only a few principles from major sects of Mahayana chinese Buddhism, but most of them do expound the basic concept of emptiness, for example from Tian Tai zong Buddhism, the triple truth first concerns with emptiness:

All things are void and without essential reality.
    All things have a provisional reality.
    All things are both absolutely unreal and provisionally real at once.

In fact, this three statements can not be understood separately so they are called the Triple Truth. When all things are void and essential unreal, how come they are provisionally real? I think it is the dialectical problem here, because dialectically the statements do not differentiate the "form" from the "thing", the forms are empty, so leaving a trinity of ambiguity, this ambiguity is probably an intention to bar common practioners from accessing to higher teachings, which could contain much dialectical power like mine !!A teaching in emptiness with dialectical ambiguity can indoctrinate a mass in servility. Buddhism has a secret caste system of teachings too.

But when we try to use dialectical means onto some basic concepts of Buddhism we could as well create a new religion, or discover a Buddhism that we never know about. What is this emptiness?? of course never take it literally !!If we take it mutually or introspectively, ourself are empty too, so our own sense of ego is the source of emptiness, and because of our own egos, we can only see things that are empty, but the essence is elsewhere.

I am not sure about shamanic tradition of emptiness(I can not see youtu6e videos), the west has a famous saying: Vanitas Vanitatum, Omnia Vanitas. Very similar, and then in a thread about religion here, I said because of the awakening to Vanitas-emptiness of all things, we create religion to rebel against the apparent futility of the material world, but this is not all about religion, but in the rebutal against the saying that all religions are superstition my statement of rebellion would sound sufficient.

A bout the provisional reality, can I say it is the partial truth I was talking about in the Memoires doutre Enfers thread?(the latest post there)
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-24-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Try to further my dialectical process on Buddhism here:

I differentiated the form from the things above, also elaborated that provisional truth as partial truth that is the ultimate ignorance(my last post in Memoires doutre enfers thread in Philosophy section). Basing on 2 points above, what we have here? the forms and the things are one but different at the same time, in essence, the things are not necessarily the same thing as they look in forms. Same are we, we are more or less than what we seem to be. So forms are empty, where the things contain the partial truth which also give themself the forms they carry that are the main cause of emptiness we perceive, but it is also important to apply onto ourself too which would make the best senses. When many weak dialectical arguments about the objective truth applied onto introspective examination, the sense of clarity would be heightened. Our essence is our egos, which claims partial truths as the complete truth which in turn supports our egos in all conceits which are our forms and the forms we perceive and give onto the world: science, monetary interests, corruption, ignorance. It also supports the idea that mankind is born evil, since our egos are our own creators and the forms we perceive objectively an subjectively are the products of our own egos as well. We are the creator of our own vanity and vanities.

Considering the partial truth as the ultimate ignorace: it is partial because we sense it, otherwise it would not even exist, this also comes togather with my saying that our own egos are the most empty of all, because we are the partial viewer, observer and we do not intend to see the whole. We are the creator of this partialness of all things. But things are more real than we see, and what we see is not all therefore all things are empty because it is all what we can see out of our own egos; better things are still unseen not that they do not exist.Yet, you see, when statements simply stated in partial truth like the The Triple Truth, it is still quite misleading as to my standard.

Conclusion: we should be dealing with our own egos`s emptiness not the emptiness of things: Vanitas Vanitatum Ego Sum !

Triple Truth Revised:

1-All things we see are void and without essential reality, but we can not see all things at once.
    2-All things have a provisional reality which is our egos`creation.
    3-All things are both absolutely unreal and provisionally real at once therefore all things we see are totally void so are our egos.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-24-2022 at 03:32 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The main bodies of Buddhist teachings are not acessible to most people as a matter of fact, there are only a few principles from major sects of Mahayana chinese Buddhism, but most of them do expound the basic concept of emptiness, for example from Tian Tai zong Buddhism, the triple truth first concerns with emptiness:

All things are void and without essential reality.
    All things have a provisional reality.
    All things are both absolutely unreal and provisionally real at once.
    Applying the KISS-principle here (=keeping it simple, stupid).

Yes, since basically, this Emptiness (in Buddhist terms) is the Mahayana (level) realization about the 2 Truths:
    https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-the-two-truths/

Vajrayana just takes it further (as the 2 Truths create a third point) and deals with the Energy aspect more, and the practice in turn resolves the paradoxes and ambiguities, making them workable.

Depending on our cultural background, its worldview, reality orientation etc. we all have our uniquely different advantages and disadvantages in trying to comprehend or ‘get’ Eastern Spirituality or philosophy.
    When coming from Shamanic background –Tibetan Buddhism is the easiest imo. to relate to.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am not sure about shamanic tradition of emptiness(I can not see youtu6e videos)
    Sorry, I didn’t realize you cannot see you-tubes in China. I’m sure I had read it somewhere, but had totally forgotten about it. They were about Qi Gong.

Well, all manifested things are in the state of flux, constantly changing. Things are born, they wither and die (be they even emotions, thought-forms or concepts) and because of this impermanence we cannot say that things inherently exist. Besides, we only exist in a relative sense - in relation to everything else. We could not exist without the elements of earth, water, air, fire etc.
    Ignorance imagines all manifested phenomena to exist inherently and independently of everything else.

I guess that is the “emptiness” argument, like on 'paper'.
    But then in meditation, when we silence and still our minds - 'emptiness' starts to create a deeper psychological meaning.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Applying the KISS-principle here (=keeping it simple, stupid).

Yes, since basically, this Emptiness (in Buddhist terms) is the Mahayana (level) realization about the 2 Truths:
    https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-the-two-truths/

Vajrayana just takes it further (as the 2 Truths create a third point) and deals with the Energy aspect more, and the practice in turn resolves the paradoxes and ambiguities, making them workable.

Depending on our cultural background, its worldview, reality orientation etc. we all have our uniquely different advantages and disadvantages in trying to comprehend or ‘get’ Eastern Spirituality or philosophy.
    When coming from Shamanic background –Tibetan Buddhism is the easiest imo. to relate to.
    The western orientalism is always tended to mystify the east and it is very harmful for both the east and west. Tibetan buddhism has occultic influences but Buddhism opposes mystification. Mahayana means the Bodhisattva`s salvation of all lives, occultism is the enlightenment of the few and the select few. Vajrayana claims to adhere to Mahayana but in a situation of the general oppression of Buddhism by commies, people have no choice but to believe in half-baked sects. This is a sad situation, Vajrayana is not my path however the west can be fascinated by it.

My mode of expression is not KISS, but modular like jigsaw puzzle pieces everybody can work it out but not a treat for all slug-minded people. You can understanding it does not mean I mean for all people to understand. But a warrior circle would be the most just and conducive environment for some of the best ideas to be exercised while not being detached from the people. Warrior is the kind of elite that expresses the best part of peoples minds. This part of minds is my target audience.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-24-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To try to divide truth into relative categories sounds very mediocre for me, I guess it could be a contamination. We will have to dare question the texts if we want the best of Buddha`s teachings. Who says modern texts are incorruptible?Truth in a religious context even allows relativity? come on, this is ridiculous. Absolute truth is what we try to seek, it is why we elevate the sect or the school of Buddhism to the height of a religion. Religion gotta be based on the absolute under which relativity of any kind is meaningless. Guess, the 2 truth teaching a fodder for the downtrodden minds.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information