Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

8 Not allowed!

Default Free Speech Doesn't Matter If Propagandists Determine What People Say

By Caitlin Johnstone

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

None are more hopelessly ignorant than those who falsely believe they're informed.

None are more hopelessly propagandized than those who don't know they are propagandized.

Living in a liberal western democracy means having the freedom to criticize the tyranny of your government, but instead spending your time criticizing the tyranny of foreign governments who your government doesn't like.

Free speech in a liberal western democracy means you have the freedom to say whatever you want about the abuses of your government, and the press has the freedom to hammer you with propaganda to ensure that you never do.

In a liberal western democracy you are free to criticize your government, but instead you are propagandized into criticizing the impotent puppets who get rotated in and out of office while your government continues doing all the same evil things regardless of who gets elected.

In liberal western democracies you are free to call the president "Drumpf" or "Brandon", but you are not free to know who's actually calling the shots in your country underneath the official government.

In liberal western democracies people say, "I'm so glad I don't live in a country like Russia or China where people are forbidden to criticize their government. I live in the west, where I'm free to criticize Russia and China all I want."

It doesn't matter if you have freedom of speech if those in power can control what you will say. And in liberal western democracies, this is exactly what happens.

We grow up saturated with US empire propaganda in the west. We marinate in it. It pervades our consciousness. But because it's all we've ever known, most of us don't even notice it.

We think it's normal that we're always told our government is on the good and righteous side of every international conflict. We think it's normal that we hear constantly about the tyranny of foreign governments while only occasionally hearing about bad things our own government did years ago (but it was an innocent mistake and it'll never happen again).

"If we were being propagandized, I'm sure we'd have heard about it in the news," we tell ourselves.

But the news is the propaganda. And it will never report on that bombshell story.

Propaganda is the single most overlooked and underappreciated aspect of our society. In controls how the public thinks, acts, votes and behaves, but hardly anyone ever talks about it. Because the sources they've been trained to look to for information never say anything about it.

So people say what's on their mind, after what's on their mind has been carefully curated by the imperial narrative managers who are responsible for controlling what information goes into their mind.

And they say it with complete freedom. Sure if what they're saying goes against the interests of the western empire they won't be allowed to speak on any large platforms where they might infect the mainstream herd with wrongthink, and sure if what they're saying is really inconvenient they might get banned from even speaking on any of the major online platforms, but they still get to speak. Alone, where no one can hear them. Preferably into a hole in the ground.

And everyone else gets to ingest the mainstream swill. The authorized narratives that get amplified on traditional media and by the algorithms of Silicon Valley. The authorized narratives which mask the abuses of their own government — foreign and domestic — while magnifying and exaggerating the abuses of empire-targeted governments.

That's why when some people hear my objections to the empire, they say "Well at least where I live we're allowed to criticize our government!"

And that's why I reply to them, "Okay. But you don't."

If speech wasn't free people would realize they're being oppressed, but if people started using their speech to voice real grievances about real power, they would swiftly discover that their speech is being ignored and power is doing as it likes. So inconvenient speech is curtailed by propaganda, by censorship, by algorithm manipulation and by media marginalization.

People are kept hopelessly enslaved by giving them the illusion that they are free, and any voice which interrupts that illusion is silenced by whatever means necessary.

That's what free speech means in a liberal western democracy. You can say whatever you like, as long as it's what they like

.https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.co...m_medium=email

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

^ in before ColonolFrankGrimes and Anglo-Celt wax poetic on the first amendment and 'muh freedom' when the constitution, while a noble experiment, is a dead piece of paper for all practical purposes.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,524
    Given: 6,457

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    ^ in before ColonolFrankGrimes and Anglo-Celt wax poetic on the first amendment and 'muh freedom' when the constitution, while a noble experiment, is a dead piece of paper for all practical purposes.
    What's with the snide comment? I know that I live in a totalitarian regime that has no regard or respect for the Constitution, and I know that Slow Joe and his handlers would put this "semi-fascist" in a concentration camp or a gas chamber if they could.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    What's with the snide comment? I know that I live in a totalitarian regime that has no regard or respect for the Constitution, and I know that Slow Joe and his handlers would put this "semi-fascist" in a concentration camp or a gas chamber if they could.
    Ok, sorry, but it does not matter what political party is in power. America is a two party tyranny precisely because it is not a proportional representation system .

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,981
    Given: 12,775

2 Not allowed!

Back in January, I made a thread about the dangers of Twitter banning people. You - JamesBond007 - began 'yelling' at me that it's a private company and so they can do whatever they want. I put forward an argument that Twitter was the public square. You didn't respond.

I shouldn't be harsh. People's views change. But I do find it funny.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Back in January, I made a thread about the dangers of Twitter banning people. You - JamesBond007 - began 'yelling' at me that it's a private company and so they can do whatever they want. I put forward an argument that Twitter was the public square. You didn't respond.

I shouldn't be harsh. People's views change. But I do find it funny.
    Yeah, that was the ultra-libertarian in me. I think some of these big tech companies are virtual monopolies and need to be broken up for more competition.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yeah, that was the ultra-libertarian in me. I think some of these big tech companies are virtual monopolies and need to be broken up for more competition.
    They can start with YouTube. Miss Susan removed five of my channels for reasons.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,480
    Given: 6,004

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    They can start with YouTube. Miss Susan removed five of my channels for reasons.
    AC on YouTube and I didn’t know it? Are there no remnants of these channels on YouTube?
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 03:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,046

1 Not allowed!

The west is not as "free" as it was before. Everyone is so fucking sensitive, bunch of Karens and simps.... and anything triggers people.
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CordedWhelp View Post
    AC on YouTube and I didn’t know it? Are there no remnants of these channels on YouTube?
    You don't have to make clips to have a channel. I'm likely pre-banned on YouTube since I'm on the List.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information