Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,180
    Given: 9,810

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    According to what they said, Annatar will appear in the second season,
    I dont know how, because everyone knows who is Sauron. Maybe he will made another form. According to makers the second season will focus the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    and if there are elves that age but are rare, one case is that of the elf Cirdan,
    Cirdan is aged, but looks still young like any other elf. Based on their ages the adult elvish appearance is same.

Where did they say that Forodwaith fortress was Untumno?[/QUOTE]

I have read it somewhere few months ago.

In a fit of cinematographic impotence, my wife and I (as former [non-deep] Tolkienists) already wanted to watch this series, but all the stars indicate that it is better to choose something else
    The ROP is definitely much better than Hobbit movies, not bad if youre Tolkien fan i think you should watch it. But for hardcore fans like me, many thing can be very disturbing but i can enjoy the series.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bandoge View Post
    I read the LotR books but I am not so familiar in deep with Tolkien's work. I like the series for the beautiful world building, but I didn't felt the story very compelling except for the Hobbits plot.
    If you dont really know Tolkiens works than this series will be much enjoyable.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Update

The first Season 2 trailer:

Maybe we will see Shelob too?

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 07:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan taliban
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    J-M92
    Taxonomy
    wog
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Update

The first Season 2 trailer:

Maybe we will see Shelob too?

not working.
    But I doubt that we'll see any trailer any time soon, from what I know it will be released in late 2024.

AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT RobocopReturns's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 03:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    3/4 Croatian, 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    CHUCK YEAGER
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 136

0 Not allowed!

(SPOILER ALERT!!)

Elves, Dwarfs, Humans and Hobbits in Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power became black OUT OF THE BLU in the name of Political Correctness/Sickness.
    Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Atlantean Pale Baron Todesritter's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 09:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austro-Hungarian
    Ancestry
    Western Slavic + Germanic Cisleithanian ancestral HRE mix
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid + Faelid
    Politics
    Anarcho-monarchist spiritually stratified ethnostate
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 134

0 Not allowed!

If you're a genuine fan of Tolkien's works you shouldn't be watching this woke butchery and garbage, lol. It's a revolting affront to modern film industry that an adaptation of a source as well-loved as Tolkien's books like this was allowed to be made, and that people consume it; blacks and other swarthy phenotypes have no place among Elves, Galadriel was married by the second age and was never an armored fighter, Celebrimbor is younger than her and ought to look the part, she's his bloody aunt.

Abysmal everything. @Blondie, you obviously know something about the lore, why do you watch this shit?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter View Post
    If you're a genuine fan of Tolkien's works you shouldn't be watching this woke butchery and garbage, lol. It's a revolting affront to modern film industry that an adaptation of a source as well-loved as Tolkien's books like this was allowed to be made, and that people consume it; blacks and other swarthy phenotypes have no place among Elves, Galadriel was married by the second age and was never an armored fighter, Celebrimbor is younger than her and ought to look the part, she's his bloody aunt.

Abysmal everything. @Blondie, you obviously know something about the lore, why do you watch this shit?
    By this logic if youre genuine fan of Tolkien's works then dont watch the original trilogy either, because its also pretty different than books. This logic makes no sense.
    If you think Galadriel was never an armored fighter, then you should read The Silmarillion. Galadriel was member of Feanor's noldor army and she fought againts Feanor during the Kinslaying. She became "magical" only after having the Nenya in the Second Age.
    Just because the Rings of power has some mistake and non canonical thing, it doesnt mean its unenjoyable. Definitelly much better than Hobbit movies.

Aging Tom Cat Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,996
    Given: 10,531

0 Not allowed!

By this logic if youre genuine fan of Tolkien's works then dont watch the original trilogy either, because its also pretty different than books. This logic makes no sense.
    If you think Galadriel was never an armored fighter, then you should read The Silmarillion. Galadriel was member of Feanor's noldor army and she fought againts Feanor during the Kinslaying. She became "magical" only after having the Nenya in the Second Age.
    Just because the Rings of power has some mistake and non canonical thing, it doesnt mean its unenjoyable. Definitelly much better than Hobbit movies.
    I always liked Galadriel in the films
    Bit foxy I thought

Atlantean Pale Baron Todesritter's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 09:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austro-Hungarian
    Ancestry
    Western Slavic + Germanic Cisleithanian ancestral HRE mix
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid + Faelid
    Politics
    Anarcho-monarchist spiritually stratified ethnostate
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 134

0 Not allowed!

There are many aspects of the films I don't enjoy and criticize, yes. The Hobbit movies I've only seen once upon release, because they're horribly made.
    As for Galadriel fighting during the Kinslaying, that in itself can't be equated to marching around middle-earth in armour when in the canon timeline she was ruling Eregion; it's also the only occasion where she is noted to have fought directly in this kind of impromptu conflict, and in defense of her kin and blood relatives. She had been opposed to Fëanor's views, but went to Middle-earth seeking lands to rule, not fighting or revenge like the Fëanorians, and afterwards took no part in the battles of the First Age as she was in Doriath and then went east even before the War of Wrath. And she became magical in the first age in Doriath, where she learned from Melian. Nenya only boosted her power to create a pocket of space around Lothlórien that resisted corruption and the flow of time, and was not the source of her skills.

I consider RoP to be visually grossly inconsistent and unappealing and on the basis of that alone I would not watch it; if the creators don't show the source material enough respect to try and consider the author's vision and influences, they obviously won't care about the thematic content of the work, either.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter View Post
    There are many aspects of the films I don't enjoy and criticize, yes. The Hobbit movies I've only seen once upon release, because they're horribly made.
    As for Galadriel fighting during the Kinslaying, that in itself can't be equated to marching around middle-earth in armour when in the canon timeline she was ruling Eregion; it's also the only occasion where she is noted to have fought directly in this kind of impromptu conflict, and in defense of her kin and blood relatives. She had been opposed to Fëanor's views, but went to Middle-earth seeking lands to rule, not fighting or revenge like the Fëanorians, and afterwards took no part in the battles of the First Age as she was in Doriath and then went east even before the War of Wrath. And she became magical in the first age in Doriath, where she learned from Melian. Nenya only boosted her power to create a pocket of space around Lothlórien that resisted corruption and the flow of time, and was not the source of her skills.

I consider RoP to be visually grossly inconsistent and unappealing and on the basis of that alone I would not watch it; if the creators don't show the source material enough respect to try and consider the author's vision and influences, they obviously won't care about the thematic content of the work, either.
    You just claimed that Galadriel was never an armored fighter, according to canon its not true. If Galadriel did not know anything about fight then Tolkien wouldn't have mention her as member of an army.
    Galadriel had some magical power before the Nenya, as every noldor elf has such power thats called Goeteia. The ring maked it much stronger and she focused on this power. Actions of Galadriel is mosly unknown during the ages, just because she was ruler it doesnt mean she never fought. Tolkien did not write her all actions.
    Btw the character of Galadriel was well represented in the series, she always has been a rebellious type.

When i have seens the season 1 for first time, i really hated this series. There are many mistake and non canonical thing, but i watched it again 1 months ago, and now i can enjoy it. Definitely not bad. Im curious for the season 2.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information