The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 246

1 Not allowed!

eek Tracing your lineage to BC on Family Search + X2 theory

In the past month or so I have gone from knowing nothing about my background to knowing both of my parents, and finding out that my ancestry can be traced back to at least 470 BC at multiple points.

I mean, I was losing my mind with excitement when I found my 4th great grandfather on my mom's side, but yesterday I was given my father's surnames and, just... It is going to take months to even scratch the surface. I can't even expand the whole thing if I click and click for hours, it's literally insane. I know there must be thousands of us, but how common is it to be able to actually trace your lineage this far? I've heard before that all ancient royal families are connected in one way or another and that's what I have noticed just scanning through my tree.

- Has anyone else had an experience like this at all?
    - If so, what are your haplogroups?
    - Either way, do you think X2 mtdna could have any association with this kind of tree? I ask because X2 is a very old haplogroup and only survives with significance in genetically isolated groups like the Druze. Royal families tend to keep themselves genetically isolated, and also are ancient bloodlines, so perhaps X2 mtdna should be common among descendants of royal bloodlines. That way, my family history would explain why I am X2, even though it is extremely rare among Europeans, and I am full blooded European. Is it just me or does that make good sense?
    Also, how does the assertion that royal bloodlines have slowly been infiltrated by a certain group play into this?

This is the website I used, it's basically a shared family tree that the mormons offer because they are so into genealogy:

https://www.familysearch.org/tree

This is through the name Paradis if anyone is wondering.
    "Virtue grows stronger at the wound"
    "There is safety in discrimination"
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Last Online
    10-19-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-M467
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by White Swan View Post
    In the past month or so I have gone from knowing nothing about my background to knowing both of my parents, and finding out that my ancestry can be traced back to at least 470 BC at multiple points.
    No, it can't. No European genealogy can be traced back any further than the late sixth century AD with contemporary or near-contemporary records. Two of Charlemagne's 3rd-great-grandfathers (Pepin of Landen and Saint Arnulf of Metz) are as far back as you can go. A descent from antiquity (being able to trace back to a named person who lived before the fall of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476) is one of the holy grails of European genealogy. There have been many proposed descents from antiquity but none is regarded as anything more than speculative.

Also the FamilySearch tree is garbage. Very few of the American colonial lines that connect to royalty on FamilySearch are actually descended from royalty. Europeans of royal descent who emigrated to the American colonies are called "gateway ancestors"; there are probably around 500 or so who came to the American colonies and Quebec in the 1600's and 1700's. There are lists of them, for instance here and here. If your colonial immigrant ancestor with a supposed descent from royalty is not on one of those lists then the line is almost certainly fiction.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    I larp as a Celt
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn + Alpinid + Nordomediterranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,169
    Given: 12,927

0 Not allowed!

the funny part of this is that according to my mother and father side in both im descendant of Odin for some reason LoL it's impossible to know your ancestors from BC .

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Oops I totally forgot about this thread. Of course we can't "know" but I think it makes sense that there would be certain traits and traditions carried along family lines that cause this to happen. My husband's parents both come from lines that came over on the Mayflower together, and they didn't know this when they got together. It just seems to happen

I'm curious, how exactly would FamilySearch go about being that phony; just making up names completely? It's like the largest collection of genealogical records in the world, doesn't that count for anything? I'm not insistent that it is correct, but I'm also not insistent that its incorrect.

Again, I agree obviously we can't "know" much detail of what happened 2000+ years ago. I'm skeptical also of the idea that figures like Odin or even related genealogies are entirely fabricated out of thin air and bare no foundation in reality whatsoever. Sometimes the kinds of people who consider themselves the most realistic simultaneously hold views that are just as strange as the views they criticize just to distance themselves as much as possible from the ideas that seem less likely to them at the time.

Viking, that idea comes from Euhemerism, with which you might guess I am in agreement.
    "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James 1:1

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,941
    Given: 12,766

0 Not allowed!

There are millions of Americans descended from those who arrived on the Mayflower. The early colonists had large families. It's not so unusual.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 02:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British, French, Polish, German
    Ethnicity
    85% NW, 15% E, 100% European
    Ancestry
    Paradis, Bembenek Stewart, Traylor Traced to 720 BC
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    Possibly RM269 (R1b)
    mtDNA
    X2
    Taxonomy
    Atlandid, Dinarid
    Politics
    The Kingdom of God
    Hero
    The Son of God
    Religion
    The Way
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    There are millions of Americans descended from those who arrived on the Mayflower. The early colonists had large families. It's not so unusual.
    Correct. There are also millions who weren't who they could have ended up with instead. And also these were two of the notable figures on board at that, not that his parents are notable, its just intriguing how that happens.

Thread Information