Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is dark hair valued in regions with blonde majority?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,002
    Given: 1,852

0 Not allowed!

deleted
    Last edited by capocannoniere; 09-09-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Last Online
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Ok. But you cited past contexts.

In contemporary Brazil, does this association really exist in a literal sense? Looking at pics of the upper class Brazilians, and the traditional elite, they look like generic Southern Europeans, mainly dark haired.

Proportionally speaking, there are probably more blondes among poor colonos of German extraction than among rich Brazilians.
    I never said that elite Brazilians are not mainly dark-haired, nor that poor German colonos are not blonder than rich Brazilians. I don't understand your point.

My point is that historically in predominantly blond populations dark hair was usually associated with bad things (bad luck, low social class, etc). Today it tends more towards neutrality in my experience.

Another fact is that among predominantly dark-haired populations blond hair was usually seen as a highly desirable trait, and it is still so today.

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,836
    Given: 5,025

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I never said that elite Brazilians are not mainly dark-haired, nor that poor German colonos are not blonder than rich Brazilians. I don't understand your point.

My point is that historically in predominantly blond populations dark hair was usually associated with bad things (bad luck, low social class, etc). Today it tends more towards neutrality in my experience.

Another fact is that among predominantly dark-haired populations blond hair was usually seen as a highly desirable trait, and it is still so today.
    1: Yeah, you never said that and I never claimed you said it. I simply took a bridge in your post about having grow up among blonde saxons. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

But let me ask you: these German-Brazilians colonos think that dark hair is a lower class feature compared to blonde, or they don't think about these things at all?

2: True. Dark hair alone is seen as neutral, not as positive/idealized as blonde people, neither as negative. To me, it's only seen as positive when it's mixed with blue eyes and fair skin, which gives a beautiful contrast.

3: Yeah. And even if not literal, Brazilians tend to associate rich people with blonde hair and blue eyes, not because most rich Brazilians have it, not at all, but simply because in the higher classes, for being whiter, this trait, even if not the majority among them, will be more spread than in the masses.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,002
    Given: 1,852

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Northern European facial features with blond or brown hair > any wog or latin mongrel with black hair.

This comparison is as if I stated as an objective truth, with these three samples, "Haha Northern Europeans look like Shrek, North Italians and Mestizos are ubermensch lol".
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    1: Yeah, you never said that and I never claimed you said it. I simply took a bridge in your post about having grow up among blonde saxons. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

But let me ask you: these German-Brazilians colonos think that dark hair is a lower class feature compared to blonde, or they don't think about these things at all?

2: True. Dark hair alone is seen as neutral, not as positive/idealized as blonde people, neither as negative. To me, it's only seen as positive when it's mixed with blue eyes and fair skin, which gives a beautiful contrast.

3: Yeah. And even if not literal, Brazilians tend to associate rich people with blonde hair and blue eyes, not because most rich Brazilians have it, not at all, but simply because in the higher classes, for being whiter, this trait, even if not the majority among them, will be more spread than in the masses.
    1. Most German colonos are straight up Nazi when they don't need to be politically correct, anything associated with Brazilians is seen as shit.

3. The same association exists in most places if the world, and it seems to have existed since before Christ in Europe and beyond.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tropically adapted gallaeci
    Ethnicity
    Sleepless
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sardinia
    Politics
    Fascism gets ignorant people fascinated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,238
    Given: 1,174

1 Not allowed!

3. The same association exists in most places if the world, and it seems to have existed since before Christ in Europe and beyond.
    Just adding to your comment,the upper classes are lighter more often big time because they had monopoly over the sexual market, blonde woman being by natural law perceived as more atractive were the preferered wifes picked by the powerful.During the formation of modern capitalism bourgeois wanting to be more like the pre existing nobility, interrmarried with them , who were blonder ,not just because of the mentioned selection, but also because of their higher germanic ancestry.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tongio View Post
    Just adding to your comment,the upper classes are lighter more often big time because they had monopoly over the sexual market, blonde woman being by natural law perceived as more atractive were the preferered wifes picked by the powerful.During the formation of modern capitalism bourgeois wanting to be more like the pre existing nobility, interrmarried with them , who were blonder ,not just because of the mentioned selection, but also because of their higher germanic ancestry.
    Good observation. I've read that the new "nobility" in Brazil tried to emulate the old nobility and intermarried with them to try to assimilate. The new nobles were seen as inferior by the olds.

Last Online
    09-14-2022 @ 01:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I dont think it is everywhere. In Italy among Italians for example dark hair is in the minority as most Italians are gingers. Dark haired people are seen as terrones/not real Italians and a sign you're probably not really fully native Italian or you're an immigrant from dark European countries

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

0 Not allowed!

No, even in Northern Europe the preferred bleaching hair color for women is blonde.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tropically adapted gallaeci
    Ethnicity
    Sleepless
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sardinia
    Politics
    Fascism gets ignorant people fascinated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,238
    Given: 1,174

0 Not allowed!

Good observation. I've read that the new "nobility" in Brazil tried to emulate the old nobility and intermarried with them to try to assimilate. The new nobles were seen as inferior by the olds.
    Rightfully, having slaves making you rich doesnt make one noble, far from It, makes you dependent, vulneráble and hated/despised, the sad thing to observe is the decadênce of the previous real nobility, corrupted by excessive material fetishisation, among many other factors.
    I will quit here not to go too off topic , as some previously observed this is my sin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information