Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Why Germans Fled To America.

  1. #11
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Celestia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    $crewston
    Ethnicity
    pumpkin spice & everything nice
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    13,184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22,522
    Given: 15,123

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    It is considered an “urban legend” but it was taught in my class regardless. A fun theory is all.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

  2. #12
    Senior Member Adrianv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Last Online
    11-25-2022 @ 09:41 AM
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Ancestry
    Irish German Dutch
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Gender
    Posts
    541
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 1,193

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    It is considered an “urban legend” but it was taught in my class regardless. A fun theory is all.
    IIRC the USA still has no official language.
    Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge -U.S. study
    https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2022-01-19/

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Celestia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    $crewston
    Ethnicity
    pumpkin spice & everything nice
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    13,184
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22,522
    Given: 15,123

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianv2 View Post
    IIRC the USA still has no official language.
    You’re correct, it doesn’t. Although in some areas Spanish seems to be on the rise
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

  4. #14
    Senior Member Adrianv2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Last Online
    11-25-2022 @ 09:41 AM
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Ancestry
    Irish German Dutch
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Gender
    Posts
    541
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 1,193

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    You’re correct, it doesn’t. Although in some areas Spanish seems to be on the rise
    Yeah since about 1980 lol.
    Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge -U.S. study
    https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...us-2022-01-19/

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Latinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 08:22 PM
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Posts
    15,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,550
    Given: 4,868

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    To me, German ancestry is to the US how Italian ancestry is to Argentina, for these reasons:

    - Both are culturally similar to the Old Stock members of their ethnicity: in the US, mainly Brits, in Argentina, mainly Spanish.

    - Both have greatly assimilated to the core culture of their countries. German-American culture has blended and merged with Anglo-American culture, which made a Muller also become a basic white American like a Smith.

    While in Argentina their Italian heritage has become so rooted in their core culture that cultural manifestations of Italian origin in Argentina have become synonymous of Argentinian culture, like it if had totally originated in that country.

    - Both German in the US and Italian in Argentina are very common ancestries among their white pop, but still not as strong as the Euro founder stock of their nations, English in the US, Spanish in Argentina.

    But they tend to be more reported than the old stock ethnicity from which they mostly descend, for multiple reasons, giving the wrongly impression that the US is more German than English and Argentina more Italian than Spanish, when it's the opposite.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ...
    Ethnicity
    ...
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Gender
    Posts
    1,774
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,121
    Given: 332

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    You’re correct, it doesn’t. Although in some areas Spanish seems to be on the rise

  7. #17
    Anti-Hero Eliades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-American
    Ethnicity
    Slavic-Mutt
    Ancestry
    Russia, Romania, Croatia, Greece, Bohemia, Luxembourg
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Noric + light Pontid
    Politics
    Anti-Leftist
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    987
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 389

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    German Americans are smart, not just because of their achievements over here, but also because they knew better that staying in the homeland wouldn't provide them with freedom and progress. Even till this day modern Germany is still the same in the sense of freedom (ex. Journalists getting arrested, their banking accounts closed or frozen, protestors as well arrested etc.), there's no real freedom there, it's all just gimmick.

    They are an essential foundation of our nation.
    That is definitely why they went to the U.S, you could same the about the Slavic and Italian immigrants to come here. Too bad, America is starting to loose some of those freedoms though. Do you have any German blood, Silver? Like a little?

    Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    To me, German ancestry is to the US how Italian ancestry is to Argentina, for these reasons:

    - Both are culturally similar to the Old Stock members of their ethnicity: in the US, mainly Brits, in Argentina, mainly Spanish.

    - Both have greatly assimilated to the core culture of their countries. German-American culture has blended and merged with Anglo-American culture, which made a Muller also become a basic white American like a Smith.

    While in Argentina their Italian heritage has become so rooted in their core culture that cultural manifestations of Italian origin in Argentina have become synonymous of Argentinian culture, like it if had totally originated in that country.

    - Both German in the US and Italian in Argentina are very common ancestries among their white pop, but still not as strong as the Euro founder stock of their nations, English in the US, Spanish in Argentina.

    But they tend to be more reported than the old stock ethnicity from which they mostly descend, for multiple reasons, giving the wrongly impression that the US is more German than English and Argentina more Italian than Spanish, when it's the opposite.
    This 100%

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Teutone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Hero
    Tobacco and Tracksuits
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    21,626
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,387
    Given: 16,639

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    The most numerous immigration to the USA happend during 1820 and 1870s.

    What does that tell you? During a time where there was no real stable German unified country without major conflicts.

    Id even say the Austro-Prussian War was a Civil war, as Germans killed eachother.

    Once Germany unified in 1871 the immigration to the USA significantly decreased and we created a nation that became a powerhouse and a major player in geopolitics.

    The Greatest German state ever.







    "Remember that you are a chosen people! The spirit of the Lord has descended upon me, because I am Emperor of the Germans! I am the instrument of the Most High. I am His sword, His representative. Woe and death to all those who resist my will! Woe and death to those who do not believe in my mission! Woe and death to the cowards! Let them perish,—all the enemies of the German people! God demands their destruction,—God who, through my mouth, commands you to execute His will." -Kaiser Wilheln II.

  9. #19
    ~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Location
    In the free and sane part of the USA.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, Rafael L. Trujillo, Andrew Tate & Donald J. Trump
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    14,277
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,828
    Given: 7,456

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliades View Post
    That is definitely why they went to the U.S, you could same the about the Slavic and Italian immigrants to come here. Too bad, America is starting to loose some of those freedoms though. Do you have any German blood, Silver? Like a little?



    This 100%

    Nahh, not at all, ^
    Now I do know tons of German Americans that's for sure. I'm surrounded by them.
    Silverknight
    ..." And the angle of the sun changed it all .."







Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Germans of Latin America - Deutsch Latein Amerika
    By Gauthier in forum Latin America
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 08-02-2022, 09:58 PM
  2. The Germans in Latin America
    By Wild North in forum Latin America
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2021, 12:37 AM
  3. America is filled with Germans, but least anti-Semitic...
    By JQP4545 in forum Ethno-Cultural Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 11:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM
  5. This is why the Nazis fled to South America
    By Linebacker in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-25-2017, 02:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •