antimodernism catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 143

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by capocannoniere View Post
    [...]
    Typical Brazilian.
    Instead of going to some Protestant sects or schismatics or banderites церкви, go to the Tridentine Mass like me. The Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Himself. Everything else is later human inventions due to politics, cultural diferrenstes, pride and stupidity.
    The Mass is a sacrifice. You go there for God to worship him and save your soul. Pentecostal discos won't save you. You can also dance in clubs, but it will bring a bad effect. The more protestantism and protestantization, the weaker the faith. It is people who have to adapt to God, not the other way around!

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

2 Not allowed!

It's doing pretty decently. I live in city centre where is low population and rapid flight to the suburbs and it is usually half-full/half-empty or pretty packed/full.
    I feel better since started attending mass and doing the sacraments.

It brings me peace and purification. But also it's our tradition and a good social ritual. I respect both aspects of the experience.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,210
    Given: 43,752

1 Not allowed!

Since nowadays I am agnostic, I no longer go to church. However, I live in the city centre very close to an Evangelical Church, which is usually quite busy with families on a Sunday.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,418
    Given: 5,724

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Since nowadays I am agnostic, I no longer go to church. However, I live in the city centre very close to an Evangelical Church, which is usually quite busy with families on a Sunday.
    Were you Catholic?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,210
    Given: 43,752

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Were you Catholic?
    I was baptised as such, but became an Anglican when I was 12.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

3 Not allowed!

The church here was and still is extremely powerful. Indirectly the church is ruling the country. Priests are allowed to do whatever they like, no one is judging then, the law rarely applies to them, no one has the courage to question them, if you do, you're canceled. This is how the cancel culture works here. It's like a medieval state with a modern twist. The supporters (90% of the population) become extremely aggressive and nasty if you dare to open your mouth. You cannot accuse priests from being rapists, physically aggressive or doing illegal businesses (a lot of the times they do), you're the one being called a liar, a bitch, or someone trying to demolish the orthodox church. Many, MANY priests feel like gods, untouchable that can get away with everything, which is true. They can. I'm deeply disgusted by the romanian orthodox church. I have no respect for them. Because of this I've been considered myself an atheist for a long time. Recently I changed my mind but I started exploring other ideologies.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,000
    Given: 1,852

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    The church here was and still is extremely powerful. Indirectly the church is ruling the country. Priests are allowed to do whatever they like, no one is judging then, the law rarely applies to them, no one has the courage to question them, if you do, you're canceled. This is how the cancel culture works here. It's like a medieval state with a modern twist. The supporters (90% of the population) become extremely aggressive and nasty if you dare to open your mouth. You cannot accuse priests from being rapists, physically aggressive or doing illegal businesses (a lot of the times they do), you're the one being called a liar, a bitch, or someone trying to demolish the orthodox church. Many, MANY priests feel like gods, untouchable that can get away with everything, which is true. They can. I'm deeply disgusted by the romanian orthodox church. I have no respect for them. Because of this I've been considered myself an atheist for a long time. Recently I changed my mind but I started exploring other ideologies.
    State churches are Atheist factories. Brazil was like that until the 80s/90s with the Roman Catholic Church, and that's why I said in previous posts that clergy is despised. Grandpa tells us a lot of stories talking about how greedy Priests were and how many people worked grueling jobs with no pay for them. Once he was a kid and they passed asking for donations on his family's cornfield. As he was only with his brothers, his father told them to give 10 cobs and they took 30 kind of by force. Obviously not a crazy thing but just goes to show these men's character.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by capocannoniere View Post
    State churches are Atheist factories. Brazil was like that until the 80s/90s with the Roman Catholic Church, and that's why I said in previous posts that clergy is despised. Grandpa tells us a lot of stories talking about how greedy Priests were and how many people worked grueling jobs with no pay for them. Once he was a kid and they passed asking for donations on his family's cornfield. As he was only with his brothers, his father told them to give 10 cobs and they took 30 kind of by force. Obviously not a crazy thing but just goes to show these men's character.
    The church pays no taxes, they have a huge budget from public founds, they live like kings..in actual palaces (the regional heads of the church), drive the most expensive cars, they're treated like medieval rulers...literally.

The church owned slaves until mid 1800 and were the last ones to abolish slavery. Under their pressure, the church was removed from the agenda of the revolutionary leaders. They were allowed to keep their slaves for a lot longer.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,603
    Given: 11,543

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    The church pays no taxes, they have a huge budget from public founds, they live like kings..in actual palaces (the regional heads of the church), drive the most expensive cars, they're treated like medieval rulers...literally.
    There are similar cases here, that some priests drive expensive cars, but not all of them are like that.

Here is a photo of our former Patriarch, riding in a tram, in public transport, with ordinary people.
    He lived a very modest life.

He was very loved among Serbian people. Rest in peace dear father Pavle.

🔴🔵⚪

Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 2.0944% / 0.02094437
    60.0 Slavic:RUS_Sunghir_MA
    23.0 Paleobalkanic:MKD_Anc
    17.0 Byzantine:TUR_Marmara_Balikesir_Byz

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    There are similar cases here, that some priests drive expensive cars, but not all of them are like that.

Here is a photo of our former Patriarch, riding in a tram, in public transport, with ordinary people.
    He lived a very modest life.

He was very loved among Serbian people. Rest in peace dear father Pavle.

This is how it should be. I'm glad to see that such people actually exist cause living here I stated to wonder if any priest do actually believe in anything. Church is a mafia here, the patriarch has even a code name in their world. He's called "the big white" something like "the godfather" type of thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information