Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,000
    Given: 1,852

2 Not allowed!

Default FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

November the 20th, the biggest football event in the world begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Anyone worried about Brazil winning the cup, don't do so because we announced our loss when calling DANIEL ALVES, for fuck's sake.
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,960
    Given: 12,183

1 Not allowed!

Dani Alves? Really? Is he any good? I don't follow soccer anymore but I assume he's not good based on the fact that he's 39. I'm even surprised he's part of the squad.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

Brazil, Argentina, France, Germany, Spain are the "traditional" favourites, although the 3 european teams aren't in their best moment lately. A second line of less potential winners but with some chances to run from the outside, would consist of Belgium, England, Portugal and Netherlands, excluding some other surprise that can happen.

About our team, we have a bunch of good talent, quality solutions to most positions on the field but poorly managed by Fernando Santos unfortunately. In Portugal though we aren't still talking that much about the event, our championship is still occuring, and in a way in my opinion it feels weird or kinda of odd to have a world cup in the middle of our season and in November/December. Let's see what kind of impact this will have in our national championship when the competition re-starts after the World Cup.

One thing is for certain, Portugal already is the winner of the ugliest equipment :

Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Dani Alves? Really? Is he any good? I don't follow soccer anymore but I assume he's not good based on the fact that he's 39. I'm even surprised he's part of the squad.
    He played in Brazil for Sao Paulo and it was depressing. He was never that good of a player, but lucky to make part of some of the best teams in history. His ego is insufferable too.

But a WC is 7 games at most. There's no season fatigue, and Dani Alves playing in the Mexican league now is probably well-rested compared to the UCL players who comprise the rest of the team. Also, side defenders are a very scarce position in football nowadays, so Alves still has a bit of an advantage.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    Anyone worried about Brazil winning the cup, don't do so because we announced our loss when calling DANIEL ALVES, for fuck's sake.
    We are about to call Pepe who is a few months away from 40 years old and is recovering from a long injury (hasn't played for months). But knowing our awful national coach, he will be there and some very talented youngsters won't.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ĮGUIA View Post
    Brazil, Argentina, France, Germany, Spain are the "traditional" favourites, although the 3 european teams aren't in their best moment lately. A second line of less potential winners but with some chances to run from the outside, would consist of Belgium, England, Portugal and Netherlands, excluding some other surprise that can happen.

About our team, we have a bunch of good talent, quality solutions to most positions on the field but poorly managed by Fernando Santos unfortunately. In Portugal though we aren't still talking that much about the event, our championship is still occuring, and in a way in my opinion it feels weird or kinda of odd to have a world cup in the middle of our season and in November/December. Let's see what kind of impact this will have in our national championship when the competition re-starts after the World Cup.

One thing is for certain, Portugal already is the winner of the ugliest equipment :

Spoiler!
    First of all, I hate Nike with a passion. I'd do anything for Brazil to start wearing Adidas, or even Puma.

And indeed, I can't think the title will escape from the hands of Argentina, Brazil, France or Germany. While the cup can see some underdogs advancing to semis or a final, it's nearly impossible for a "bad" national team to win it. Spain was a bulldozer, same with that 2018 French team, 2014's Germany was not incredibly good, but was a very well-tested group stable enough to be the best one in a tournament with very bad teams compared to all other Cups of the century.
    People can say 2006 was an exception, but the Brazilian team was bad even though the names were big. Look at what happened to all of the players except for Kakį, it was a team of retired players still in activity.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rossa-slongo View Post
    First of all, I hate Nike with a passion. I'd do anything for Brazil to start wearing Adidas, or even Puma.

And indeed, I can't think the title will escape from the hands of Argentina, Brazil, France or Germany. While the cup can see some underdogs advancing to semis or a final, it's nearly impossible for a "bad" national team to win it. Spain was a bulldozer, same with that 2018 French team, 2014's Germany was not incredibly good, but was a very well-tested group stable enough to be the best one in a tournament with very bad teams compared to all other Cups of the century.
    People can say 2006 was an exception, but the Brazilian team was bad even though the names were big. Look at what happened to all of the players except for Kakį, it was a team of retired players still in activity.
    Our Federation should get in contact with Vasco da Gama to see if they can do us a favor and lend us their next season equipment
    Spoiler!
    Way better than the shit Nike came up with. Well the colors of our flag aren't the most compatible ever, but Nike took it to a whole other level of distastefulness.
    https://www.record.pt/multimedia/fot...uesas-do-clube

Only here for genetics... vader's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Ancestry
    Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3*
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,764
    Given: 2,447

1 Not allowed!

a video my brother made:

[1] "distance%=1.7256"

West_Iberia_IA,54.4
    Roman_Colonial,17.6
    Berber_EMA,10.8
    Germanic,10.6
    Scotland_EIA,6.6

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,038
    Given: 995

2 Not allowed!

Last world cup for Messi and Ronaldo, basically the end of my childhood football players generation.

Page 1 of 165 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information