N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKillerDrone View Post
    I just did the Morley and Yclade finder haplogroups thingys and im curious of how reliable my results are.I have use my ancestry RAW data since thats the company that i tested with.Ive seen people getting different results with ancestry raw data and others getting other results using 23andme raw data and so on.For the most part Morley and Yclad finder sais im R1b..bla bla bla (i may post pictures latter on) but is that true ? Also what are those red and green squares ? Would a Y DNA testing company give me a more accurate result ? Or do they all just use the same methods ? Also how on earth do they extract Y dna info from raw autosomal data ? In the end i dont care for a very very specific clade just the most general one and maybe one of its subtypes but thats all.
    people with different raw datas do not get different results on Morley or yseq. They can only get lower od deeper subclade depth depending on raw data.

It's 100% reliable for macro haplogroups.

You are R1a and there is no chance you aren't. If you are not interested into deep subclades, additional tests would be a waste of money for you.
    y-dna can be extracted from Ancestry/Myheritage raw data because they also do test for Y cromosome snps.
    Last edited by Jana; 11-22-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Last Online
    11-27-2023 @ 12:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mongolia
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

double

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mongolia
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    people with different raw datas do not get different results on Morley or yseq. They can only get lower od deeper subclade depth depending on raw data.

It's 100% reliable for macro haplogroups.

You are R1a and there is no chance you aren't. If you are not interested into deep subclades, additional tests would be a waste of money for you.
    y-dna can be extracted from Ancestry/Myheritage raw data because they also do test for Y cromosome snps.

If thats true then you just made my day.I dont have the money nor am i that interested in very specific clades.I think that even if the subclades are wrong then they wont be that wrong because i know my paternal family history and for me they make sense

I said that people get different results because i once saw a guy post his ancestry data and he got I1 something and with 23andme he got I2 something but in the end it still remained an I.There was also an Indian guy that said this "I got these 2 in the Morley tool, but FTDNA classified me as H1a1a (H-M82) haplogroup H-M36-

R1
    R-PF6007 (R-F211, R-F378)

F
    F-F2048 (F-PF2745, F-F2075)"

British guy page 10 Indian guy page 7 https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ediction/page7

Apart from the Indian guy ive never seen anyone else get it wrong both in that thread and in other ones (also never seen anyone get it wrong on any other forum) so i guess im ok on the macro level
    Last edited by HunterKillerDrone; 11-22-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mongolia
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

https://isogg.org/wiki/AncestryDNA its mentioned that
    "The chip used by AncestryDNA includes a small selection of Y-chromosome SNPs. Ancestry does not provide a Y-DNA haplogroup report but it is possible to get a haplogroup assignment from the raw data. See the blog post by Steven Frank Updated method to get YDNA haplogroup from AncestryDNA results for details of how to do this."

Comments on this website http://geneticgenealogist.net/2017/0...aplogroup.html said

"I think you meant v2 for AncestryDNA; 23andMe is on v5 now (since some time in August).

"One thing that makes me wonder about the reliability of AncestryDNA markers is that females get some derived results. Those could be picking up XY SNPs."

"AncestryDNA does include some mtDNA data, it's under chromosome 26. Not all of the SNPs are particularly relevant for haplogroup designation, though"

"AncestryDNA doesn't test mitochondrial DNA, which determines the matrilineal haplogroup. It does have some X DNA markers, which are preferentially inherited thorough females, but that's tricky to analyze since it recombines. But you might check out LivingDNA's test which includes Y DNA, autosomal, and mitochondrial, if you want to have more fun!"

So in other words,is there any chance its confusing my mothers DNA or something ?

Also another question do different companies give different general clades or only sub clades ? Have ever been people who got lets say R1a with 23andMe and then I2 with FTDNA ? Also how great is the possibility of Yseq being wrong on the very general and basic clade (just tell me a number like 5%,10% etc) ?

I know i may sound crazy at this point but im just trying to eliminate all possibilities of me making a mistacke and also trying to 100% see if theres no point in paying further.
    Last edited by HunterKillerDrone; 11-23-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mongolia
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If we take into account what this image tells us then only living DNA,tellmegen and FTDNA have enough SNPs for a good haplo prediction.All the other companies just seem too low compared to them.Now as you people said more SNPs equal more accuracy but the main clade can be predicted even by a low amount such as that of ancestry.Is that true though ? Since the number seem too low for my liking1234123442311234.PNG

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

I already answered you and won't repeat myself. FTDNA autosomal data cannot give haplogroup prediction because they remove such markers before releasing family finder results to customers.

Go ahead and waste money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information