atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,518
    Given: 9,857

11 Not allowed!

Default Anthropology of Southern France

I've just returned from a beautiful trip in Southern France, both cities (Toulouse, Carcassonne) and villages (Lavaur). Keeping the good old tradition, wanted to share with you some observations:

- Toulouse: obviously, city is mixed, having both visible minorities (maghrebis and negroes) as well as lots of other Europeans that aren't that different from locals to stick out completely. About 30-40% of people I saw looked typical French, 20% diversity and the other 40% pan (generally) Southern Europeans.
    - Carcassonne: the ratio of minorities seemed higher. Even locals are Med shifted and not that different from Spaniards: only 20-30% of faces were recognizably French
    - Lavaur: ethnic French obviously make up the great majority. 70-80% of people there had typical French look, but minorities exist even there.

Ethnic French look more or less same as those in Lyon and Paris: a mix of ancient Kelts (Keltic Nordid type, same as in Britain) with pre-Keltic inhabitants that probably looked like Southern Europeans today (Med-Alpine). The difference is that in Lyon and further North the former (KN) element is slightly stronger and there is also a notable Germanic influence which simply doesn't exist in southern countryside (Lavaur). Taking countryside as benchmark:

- some sort of arch-French nordo-med-alpine mix is in extreme majority (almost always in combination)
    - grey/blue eyes occur in about 30-40% of people
    - rosy light skin is strongly dominant
    - brown hair is dominant in both children and adults
    - 5-10% adults are naturally golden blonde
    - Keltic looks or influences are omnipresent (hence a visible similarity to keltic looking Irish, who are largely a mix of KN and local CMs)

All of these observations confirm that ethnic French are a Central European people by definition, even in most Southern regions, similar to Hungarians. They are MUCH "darker" than the English but also MUCH lighter than Spaniards (exactly in the middle between the two).

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

0 Not allowed!

so in your opinion aherne does Norb still pass as French? Like you said before..

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,538
    Given: 4,802

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    I've just returned from a beautiful trip in Southern France, both cities (Toulouse, Carcassonne) and villages (Lavaur). Keeping the good old tradition, wanted to share with you some observations:

- Toulouse: obviously, city is mixed, having both visible minorities (maghrebis and negroes) as well as lots of other Europeans that aren't that different from locals to stick out completely. About 30-40% of people I saw looked typical French, 20% diversity and the other 40% pan (generally) Southern Europeans.
    - Carcassonne: the ratio of minorities seemed higher. Even locals are Med shifted and not that different from Spaniards: only 20-30% of faces were recognizably French
    - Lavaur: ethnic French obviously make up the great majority. 70-80% of people there had typical French look, but minorities exist even there.

Ethnic French look more or less same as those in Lyon and Paris: a mix of ancient Kelts (Keltic Nordid type, same as in Britain) with pre-Keltic inhabitants that probably looked like Southern Europeans today (Med-Alpine). The difference is that in Lyon and further North the former (KN) element is slightly stronger and there is also a notable Germanic influence which simply doesn't exist in southern countryside (Lavaur). Taking countryside as benchmark:

- some sort of arch-French nordo-med-alpine mix is in extreme majority (almost always in combination)
    - Keltic looks or influences are omnipresent (hence a visible similarity to keltic looking Irish, who are largely a mix of KN and local CMs)

All of these observations confirm that ethnic French are a Central European people by definition, even in most Southern regions, similar to Hungarians. They are MUCH "darker" than the English but also MUCH lighter than Spaniards (exactly in the middle between the two).

See simultaneously

Yes, I can see it

Kisses!!!
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-03-2023 @ 06:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 46

4 Not allowed!

The amount of foreigners in France is staggering. In some cities they are already the majority and rural areas are polluted too because the oldest immigrants fled the cities and moved further inland, a process reproduced now by the most recent immigrants. It's important to bear that in mind and focus only on natives.

True.

True.

I would not say strongly dominant. It's not comparable to the British but neither to Southern European proper.

True.

True.

True.

True.

Good observations overall. I'm pleased you differentiated the typically French locals and foreigners.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-03-2023 @ 06:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallop View Post

See simultaneously

Yes, I can see it

Kisses!!!
    I can see it easily, the exception being the "locals" who are not really locals.

In your defence I do agree that the host in the video from France looks regular Spanish but in my defence it's because of the reason mentioned above.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,435
    Given: 5,750

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanily View Post
    The amount of foreigners in France is staggering. In some cities they are already the majority and rural areas are polluted too because the oldest immigrants fled the cities and moved further inland, a process reproduced now by the most recent immigrants. It's important to bear that in mind and focus only on natives.

True.

True.

I would not say strongly dominant. It's not comparable to the British but neither to Southern European proper.

True.

True.

True.

True.

Good observations overall. I'm pleased you differentiated the typically French locals and foreigners.
    Rosy light skin is generally more common among all French, there honestly isn't a great deal of difference between the pigmentation of the southern English and the French in many cases, even a lot of Germans seem darker skinned and lack that fairness that is more typical of alpines and atlantids.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,538
    Given: 4,802

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanily View Post
    I can see it easily, the exception being the "locals" who are not really locals.

In your defence I do agree that the host in the video from France looks regular Spanish but in my defence it's because of the reason mentioned above.
    A para of foreigners in both video is more than assumable and anyone we have realized, that will not make you see what you see and that is the reality, the Spanish are not darker than those of the south of France I would say seeing the video that it is the other way around.

Watching the two videos simultaneously it is clear that the French are darker than the Spanish.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,518
    Given: 9,857

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallop View Post
    the French are darker than the Spanish.
    This is ridiculous. Even in Southern France (Languedoc region) the French are MUCH lighter ("race science" already confirmed that long before): plenty of blondes (with South European shift)... As for places like Lyon, Savoy, Amiens there is really no comparison: locals are many times closer to Germans than anything else (they actually look like a more Keltic shifted and more Southern extension of Germans).

France is a country of immigrants: I doubt most people in your video are French (I see Maghrebis, Italians, Iberians and pan-European faces)... Go to the countryside to see how real French look like!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

2 Not allowed!

so majority of French are Nordo-MED but even softer due to Alpine?

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

2 Not allowed!

This is ridiculous. Even in Southern France (Languedoc region) the French are MUCH lighter
    This is what is ridicolous.

And we dont need to go to France to know how French look like. This is not Romania, in the fifth pussy road Asia. We are neighbors and all the years millions of French come here and no, they are not invisible.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information