Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvador, Brazil and Mexico City similar average European ancestry ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Default Salvador, Brazil and Mexico City similar average European ancestry ?

The city most commonly associated with Brazil’s African heritage and a mecca of sorts for people who want to connect with the wider Afro diaspora in the new world and the self proclaimed cosmopolitan capital of Latin America have similar levels of European ancestry. One being an average Mulatto city while the other a mestizo one. Why do they have such different vibes ?

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Different vibes? What you mean?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Different vibes? What you mean?
    Well Mexico city is always seen and portrayed as this big international city while Salvador isn’t and just the cultural capital of Brazil’s African heritage but not a big international city like Sao Paulo is. I just find that interesting. Besides that, are Mexico city and Salvador de Bahia balanced mestizo/Mulatto cities ?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-07-2022 @ 08:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Various Mandalorians and tuang
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-L283 [Mandallian Giant] Proto Illyrian
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Taxed, true mandalorians never removes their helmet
    Hero
    Mandalore the first, Han Yolo, Mr. T., Rodrigo Roa Duterte
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    The city most commonly associated with Brazil’s African heritage and a mecca of sorts for people who want to connect with the wider Afro diaspora in the new world and the self proclaimed cosmopolitan capital of Latin America have similar levels of European ancestry. One being an average Mulatto city while the other a mestizo one. Why do they have such different vibes ?
    Portuguese language and latin American Spanish accents are very different from each other for the most part. Theres maybe a few exeptions in brazil for certain parts that might have more Spanish or latin American influence or immigration. And some accents even make the languages Spanish Portuguese sound very different from each other, although spanish and Portuguese are very similar if you take the time to learn a bit on it. This gives different vibes on the way they communicate and even when singing the same music genre.

You will see the patterns of similarity between spanish and portuguese. Although they have some substantial differences. They also have different music genres that aren't played in the rest of Latin America ( or very much), although they played a few were from latin America like Tango and Chamame.
    But I never been to brazil, so I don't know personally much more than that.

Mexico and Salvador are mostly Mestizos
    But Brazil are mostly quadroons but regions can vary greatly depending on the part of brazil because is big.
    Mexicans are generally more homogenous mestizos. But southern mexicans from places like Veracruz and Oaxaca have substantial Subsaharan Admixture. And they are more Carribean like then the rest of mexico. Including their music.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zebruh View Post
    Portuguese language and latin American Spanish accents are very different from each other for the most part. Theres maybe a few exeptions in brazil for certain parts that might have more Spanish or latin American influence or immigration. And some accents even make the languages Spanish Portuguese sound very different from each other, although spanish and Portuguese are very similar if you take the time to learn a bit on it. This gives different vibes on the way they communicate and even when singing the same music genre.

You will see the patterns of similarity between spanish and portuguese. Although they have some substantial differences. They also have different music genres that aren't played in the rest of Latin America ( or very much), although they played a few were from latin America like Tango and Chamame.
    But I never been to brazil, so I don't know personally much more than that.

Mexico and Salvador are mostly Mestizos
    But Brazil are mostly quadroons but regions can vary greatly depending on the part of brazil because is big.
    Mexicans are generally more homogenous mestizos. But southern mexicans from places like Veracruz and Oaxaca have substantial Subsaharan Admixture. And they are more Carribean like then the rest of mexico. Including their music.
    I mean just the general vibes of the cities, the energy they give off, not their accents/dialects. I also specially compared these two cities only since both countries respectively have a lot of diversity, and these two cities on plenty of genome tests, the people seem to score similar levels of European/Iberian ancestry with the exception of they’re African and Amerindian ancestry. Mexico city doesn’t seem as focused on its indigenous heritage the way Salvador de Bahia does on it’s African heritage.

My theory is that Mexico city is the financial capital of Mexico and it’s power is more centralized, and that is why it’s so developed while Salvador de Bahia while still being a major city, is just a local city that lives in the shadow of cities like Rio de Janeiro and Săo Paulo, since Brazil is more decentralized then Mexico, no Brazilian city seems to be the center of everything in the way Mexico city kinda is for Mexico.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I mean just the general vibes of the cities, the energy they give off, not their accents/dialects. I also specially compared these two cities only since both countries respectively have a lot of diversity, and these two cities on plenty of genome tests, the people seem to score similar levels of European/Iberian ancestry with the exception of they’re African and Amerindian ancestry. Mexico city doesn’t seem as focused on its indigenous heritage the way Salvador de Bahia does on it’s African heritage.
    Can you post videos of what you mean specifically or one that kinda of captures what you mean.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Can you post videos of what you mean specifically or one that kinda of captures what you mean.
    I’ll try, and this is going to be biased and in no way or shape am I trying to offend

https://youtu.be/3jOtYkG0Yvg

https://youtu.be/-oG4u0rP4GY

https://youtu.be/Y_vLZvSZt5U

https://youtu.be/ER_szwLxHYk

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I’ll try, and this is going to be biased and in no way or shape am I trying to offend

https://youtu.be/3jOtYkG0Yvg

https://youtu.be/-oG4u0rP4GY

https://youtu.be/Y_vLZvSZt5U

https://youtu.be/ER_szwLxHYk
    Well just at a glance I can see the brazil one has alot brightly colored houses. The houses and buildings look more older and closer to colonial type buildings and for that look less maintained or newer than the video for mexico.
    The one from mexico at a glance looks like it has newer buildings that were made more recently than brazil in general. And the streets look better maintained or newer or redone.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well just at a glance I can see the brazil one has alot brightly colored houses. The houses and buildings look more older and closer to colonial type buildings and for that look less maintained or newer than the video for mexico.
    The one from mexico at a glance looks like it has newer buildings that were made more recently than brazil in general. And the streets look better maintained or newer or redone.
    Yeah that’s what I mean, Salvador has a more colonial and traditional charm compared to modernized Mexico City.

https://youtu.be/SozHfvsxpJ0

Here’s the historical center of Mexico city

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah that’s what I mean, Salvador has a more colonial and traditional charm compared to modernized Mexico City.

https://youtu.be/SozHfvsxpJ0

Here’s the historical center of Mexico city
    Yea. The buildings look more modern. Even on the ground he is standing on infront of the historic center, that ground was probably cobblestone like the one you see in brazil. But they redid it likely since it looks new.
    And then he starts crossing the street into regular streets like they have in the United States.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information