Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,498
    Given: 6,437

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    You didn't. Hence my question to be sure.
    Concerning the impact of isolation on the spread, obviously, it can be positive in short term. While in long term isolation weakens a human in about all ways possible thus making one an easier target for the virus in subject as well as for other disasters.
    I know. Who would have thought that isolating healthy children, like veal, would weaken their immune systems?

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,024
    Given: 6,624

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    You didn't. Hence my question to be sure.
    Concerning the impact of isolation on the spread, obviously, it can be positive in short term. While in long term isolation weakens a human in about all ways possible thus making one an easier target for the virus in subject as well as for other disasters.
    Well I stated numerous times on here that I was against the hard lockdown we had, but lets not be overdramatic, people weren't locked in cages. The main issue was the political implications and ordinary peoples civil rights being infringed, which still pisses me off.

I don't know anyone who had Covid bad, and I don't know anyone who knows anyone who died - our hospitals were at normal capacity throughout. From a health standpoint the lockdowns and border closures were a qualified success. The ideology of unrestricted free movement and open borders was the biggest cause of this shitshow overseas.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Well I stated numerous times on here that I was against the hard lockdown we had, but lets not be overdramatic, people weren't locked in cages. The main issue was the political implications and ordinary peoples civil rights being infringed, which still pisses me off.
    Yes it looks like civil rights being very infringed when you're locked down in the situation you even don't know about a single bad covid case. Not in a cage? Good.
    Indeed I missed you stating you were against such a treatment.

I don't know anyone who had Covid bad, and I don't know anyone who knows anyone who died - our hospitals were at normal capacity throughout. From a health standpoint the lockdowns and border closures were a qualified success. The ideology of unrestricted free movement and open borders was the biggest cause of this shitshow overseas.
    And you obviously missed my little documentals in the covid thread. They show the complete neglect of "covid measures" right in the time when even by the official statistics cases were few and numbers not growing. Here's the channel with those videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@Ljubomysl

Also, there was the case of Belarus that had most mild restrictions and got it much better than its neighbours.
    Do what you should.

THE WORD OF GOD. THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2023 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    IVC/Iran, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Canaanite/Israelite), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W > W6 > W6a
    Politics
    Nuclear Holocaust, Dystopia, Post-Apocalypse, Messianic Age (or the Age to Come)
    Hero
    Cyrus the Great, Darius the Great, Alexander the Great
    Religion
    A Mixture of Biblical and Brahminical
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

eek

Grim Predictions As Ninth-consecutive Interest Rate Hike Looms

I am the A and the Z, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

THE WORD OF GOD. THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2023 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    IVC/Iran, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Canaanite/Israelite), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W > W6 > W6a
    Politics
    Nuclear Holocaust, Dystopia, Post-Apocalypse, Messianic Age (or the Age to Come)
    Hero
    Cyrus the Great, Darius the Great, Alexander the Great
    Religion
    A Mixture of Biblical and Brahminical
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Almost half a billion dollars of cocaine found floating in the ocean

I am the A and the Z, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

OMEN, PORTENT OR PRODIGY Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2023 @ 09:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, IVC/Iran, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Israelite/Semitic), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Business owner says RBA 'has no idea' what real Aussies are going through with inflation | Today

I am become Death, destroyer of worlds

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, IVC/Iran, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

New Zealand Faces More Warnings
    After Cyclone & Earthquake

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The ABC's Paul Barry has still not apologised for using taxpayer resources to attack Sky News host Sharri Markson and discredit the COVID-19...

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

AUSTRALIA'S 'MISALIGNED' HOUSING MARKET

Australia’s ‘misaligned’ housing market at risk of major crash as rates rise: IMF

Property prices in Australia may be as much as 50 per cent above what an average household can afford as interest rates rise, a global analysis has revealed while warning the market is at risk of a major crash as interest rates are pushed up to bring inflation under control. In a report on housing stability and affordability, the International Monetary Fund said Australia’s property and rental markets are some of the most “misaligned” in the developed world. The combination of high prices on top of sharp increases in mortgage interest rates mean the average Australian household needs to spend more than 40 per cent of disposable income to afford a median-priced house. The IMF examined what it termed the “misalignment” of the property market, comparing the long-term ratio of incomes to house prices and rents. In Australia’s case, prices on one measure were 30 per cent above their long-term average while rents were more than 40 per cent beyond their long-term norms. This put Australia alongside New Zealand, Canada and Hong Kong as the most misaligned property markets in the world.

Australia's House Prices Set to Plunge 15% in 2023

Jarden sees 20-25% peak-to-trough decline vs 15-20% previously

Australian home prices will likely tumble another 15% this year as part of the largest property decline on record, Jarden Securities Ltd. said, predicting the Reserve Bank will increase interest rates to 4.1% by May. While a correction is welcome after prices surged more than 28% during the pandemic, when the cash rate fell to a record-low 0.1%, a crash would intensify recession risks given Australian households are among the most indebted in the developed world.

And the bottom line, says Waleed Aly, is that people are worried because they borrowed more than they could afford to borrow. They did this because the housing market left them no real alternative. They took a risk, sure. But it was a risk they were conditioned to underestimate – not just because the Reserve Bank did but because over time, all they've seen is house prices increase, ever galloping out of reach. In that context, not entering the market as soon as you could secure a loan probably seemed like the greater risk.

Australian House Prices Are Falling So Why Is Property So Expensive?

During the pandemic, despite a falling population, interest rates at almost zero were enough to spur huge borrowing, and the stimulus payments—JobKeeper, JobSeeker, the small business cashflow boost—meant buyers also had huge cash buffers to throw at their purchases. The result can be seen in the next chart. Property prices rose to their highest level on record, and they did so by growing at a pace faster than any other time since the 1980s. But since then the world has changed. A lot. Now rates are heading up, not down. The cost of living is soaring, and wages aren’t keeping up. The borrowing power of buyers is shrinking, while any cash buffers are now being eroded by electricity bills and other rising costs. In short, people have less to spend on homes. The result is a falling market. Prices are down 9% across Australia’s top five capitals and more in the biggest cities. Sydney is down 13.8% over the year, according to Corelogic. But is that enough? Property is still well out of reach for many. Will prices come down further? The answer seems certain to be yes. Just check out this next chart: it shows lending for home purchases, and what it reveals is trends move slowly. Lending levels are falling fast, but nevertheless the amount banks are handing out is above pre-pandemic trends.

House prices set to plummet by 20-25 per cent in 2023

A grim analysis of house prices in Australia has said the RBA’s “hawkish” attempts to calm inflation could see them plummet even more than feared.

In January, the Australian Bureau of Statistics found the annual rate of inflation was at 7.8 per cent, marking the highest yearly increase since 1990. In speaking of the rates decision, RBA governor Philip Lowe said bluntly in a statement along with the announcement: “Global inflation remains very high”. Mr Lowe hinted that this wouldn’t be the last rate rise of the year.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Default Hell On Earth (Hellscape)

Quote Originally Posted by Wunder-Zeichen View Post
    Right now, it feels like hell on earth. This quote from Joshua D. Blocker's book "Sins of a Mother II" sums up my sentiments exactly: "Being alive is a blessing to most but it feels like HELL on earth to me." So, it would certainly be nice if we could all find a little heaven on Earth.

MILLIONS ACROSS NSW SUFFERING

More than 30 fires are burning as an extreme heatwave pushes temperatures in one state up to dangerous levels.

Temperatures are climbing towards 40C ahead of a scorching week, with heatwave conditions lingering on the NSW coast.

Hot air is moving across the country, causing an autumnal heat spike, with western towns like Bourke expected to hit 40C in the coming hours.

Sydney’s CBD is expected to push over 31C for the first time this year, with a forecast of 36C.
    https://archive.is/Cqu3E

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information