Thread: Southern Kurds vs Northern Kurds

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

1 Not allowed!

Default Southern Kurds vs Northern Kurds

The common vs rare phenotypes are somewhat different for Kurds from Turkey vs Kurds from Iraq/Iran.

Although I’m more knowledgeable on the Kurds of Iraq than any Kurd here since I’ve lived there many years and have relatives there, I’m not as familiar with the Kurds of Turkey and the couple of Kurds here are more knowledgeable on Turkey Kurds.

The common phenotype of Kurds from Turkey based on what I’ve seen and what gets posted by the kurds of Turkey appears to be slightly shifted in the direction of the Balkans and Caucasus. By contrast the common phenomenon of Kurds from Iraq and Iran is more shifted in the direction of Balochistan/Iran/Afghanistan. This is also reflected in genetics also.

Southern Kurds (Sorani and Feyli) also speak a different language than the Kurds of Turkey (Kurmanji). These are not very mutually intelligible languages.

Northern Iraq in the region of Dohuk and Zakho appears to be a transition zone between Northern and Southern Kurds.

These are Iraqi and Irani Kurds. Although these are fairly common phenotypes with Southern Kurds in populations east of Kurdistan, they’re not that common in Turkey (I think the Turkey Kurds will agree).

These are Kurds originally from the Caucasus. They seem to me similar to kurds of Turkey. These types of phenotypes become less common south of Zakho Iraq.

Muzh ba staso la tyaro tsakha ra wubaasu

[IMG][/IMG]

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

Sexy.

Some give off latina vibes uff

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokoto View Post
    These people do not look Kurdish, they look more Turkish. I am the best representation of real Kurds. because real Kurds look Sri Lankan. The people in these photos are assimilated. As you know, the homeland of the Kurds is northwest India, Iran is not their homeland.
    In case you have doubt they’re Kurds here’s the flag

Yeah that ‘s why they cut off the sheep’s head and put a drop of blood on the groom and bride head

Or are you talking about Yezidi Kurds. I think he’s got it backwards though. Avesta and Rig Veda followes split in Afghanistan. Rig Veda followers went east to India and Avesta followers (Zoroasterians) went west to Iran and Kurdistan

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post
    Sexy.

Some give off latina vibes uff
    Nah it’s a Scythian/Parthian/Turkic thing

Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,810
    Given: 13,754

1 Not allowed!

Very dignified, pretty and beautiful women.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,270
    Given: 4,558

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post

I have to admit that you have very good skills when it comes to finding Kurdified Turkmens.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    I have to admit that you have very good skills when it comes to finding Kurdified Turkmens.
    Honestly these 2 look less Turkmen shifted than many of the other Kurds I posted and we have certainly more Central Asian looking ones in Iraqi Kurdistan maybe more so around Sulemani and surrounding and even among my relatives most of who are not aware of Turkmen ancestor at least up to thei grandparents time. Before that we don’t know.

Am I denying mixing occurs between Turkmen and Kurds in Iran or Iraq? Or between Turks and Kurds in Turkey? Ofcourse not. I mean kurds and Turks and Turkmen have lived together for hundreds of years even before Seljuk and Ottomen. The same thing has happened with Tajiks, Pashtuns and others in the area. After all the ancient people of Central and West Asia were quite a bit less E Asian shifted than today. Pretty much everyone today is different from Iran-Chl and BMAC people. We’re all mixed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Shopkeeper in the Iraq video asks the Indian vlogger if he’s a Kurd. In the video they say that Kurds love Indians, Indian movies and food

Bana Sherwaan

Southern Kurd Taxi drivers with Indian

Southern Kurd

This Turkey Kurd looks like the Indian Vlogger

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

The common vs rare phenotypes are somewhat different for Kurds from Turkey vs Kurds from Iraq/Iran.

Although I’m more knowledgeable on the Kurds of Iraq than any Kurd here since I’ve lived there many years and have relatives there, I’m not as familiar with the Kurds of Turkey and the couple of Kurds here are more knowledgeable on Turkey Kurds.

Zoro Dilawar or whatever you keep calling yourself I asked you once to stop making claims about things you have not much knowledge about. I know who you are And I knew it for years when you confused the Sorani zh sound with Persian z not knowing that this combination is pronounced like j in Kurmanji and not like Persian z, up until I showed you a language video with pronounciation. This isn't a simple mistake a fluent Sorani speaker does, it is a sign of someone who learned a language online. But I acted clueless. Also you gave it away in many other ways but I ignored it. I have no problem about anyone pretending to be a Kurd. But you cross a line if you make things up which is anti scientific and against the unity of my people. You are not an expert on Kurds and stop lecturing things on subjects where your knowledge is insufficient.

The common phenotype of Kurds from Turkey based on what I’ve seen and what gets posted by the kurds of Turkey appears to be slightly shifted in the direction of the Balkans and Caucasus. By contrast the common phenomenon of Kurds from Iraq and Iran is more shifted in the direction of Balochistan/Iran/Afghanistan. This is also reflected in genetics also.
    Again this guy brings up Balochistan and Afghanistan whenever it is about Kurds. Man are you ok? Baloch, Afghans and Kurds share some ancient genetic and linguistic history however their genetic structure is overall as far apart as that of Bosnians/Serbs to us and this tells you something.

North and South Kurds literally cluster together on a genetic basis there must be a massive lack of shame for someone to even be able to make this massive amount of lies up.

Kurds from North are phenotypically still closest to Kurds from South and vica versa don't make claims if you lack enough knowledge. I have ancestry from both parts.

This are literally Southern and Eastern Kurds Not the extraordinary cherry picked image examples.

They barely differ from Northern Kurds with the exception of natural North vs South gradient in pigmentation. And some change in frequency of certain physical types like a little higher frequency of alpinized types in South.

Southern Kurds (Sorani and Feyli) also speak a different language than the Kurds of Turkey (Kurmanji). These are not very mutually intelligible languages.
    Another prove you are not not a real Kurd because you lack basic clues. Kurmanji is spoken in all four parts of Kurdistan. In South as well in East too. Literally 40% of the Population in South speaks Kurmanji what are you even talking about. Man to put out so much misinformation in such a confident way is really something

These are Iraqi and Irani Kurds. Although these are fairly common phenotypes with Southern Kurds in populations east of Kurdistan, they’re not that common in Turkey (I think the Turkey Kurds will agree).
    You have a talent to pull the most exotic types up to prove a point, like posting slightly SSA admixed or more Arabid Iraqis and claiming they look Indian. These Kurds can still pass in North too.
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-04-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Shopkeeper in the Iraq video asks the Indian vlogger if he’s a Kurd. In the video they say that Kurds love Indians, Indian movies and food
    Ok Dilawar and what information do we get out of this. What do you try to prove? That Kurds and Indians look alike? If it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by Demhat; 01-04-2023 at 05:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information