English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,330
    Given: 5,575

4 Not allowed!

Default Phenotypical observations from a trip to Belgium

So i recently was in Belgium enjoying a very pleasant trip, not my first time in Belgium but my first time setting foot in Brussels, i expected Brussels to be a bit dissapointing though i did know that some areas are actually quite stunning having passed through the city on a bus previously, what i did like about Brussels though is that it still feels fairly European which is something that cannot be said for London(pre brexit included) wokery seems a bit less in your face than in the UK with most of the adverts in the city still having mainly north or central European looking people. Populationwise the city seems about 60% native around the centre which isn't bad compared to London which is about 40% actual British in the centre anyway or Lisbon which has a heck of a lot of immigrants in the centre, Brussels seems more comparable with Madrid i think in terms of whiteness though of course there are more blondes. Also shop, restaurant staff are often ethnic Belgians or North central Euro looking at least which is also very different compared to London.

As for the population well very varied is what i can say, you see a good range of north and central Euro looks in Brussels, obviously subnordics are very common, there is also a sort of robust alpinised type that is very common, think maybe a taller person with quite alpine facial features like smaller eyes and a flattish face but with added robustness from a brunn or borreby element, this type is generally quite pale but very present in the city. Also smaller alpines are seemingly quite common though how many of them are native i am not sure but a good deal must be as they seemed more or less lighter complexioned. A med sort of look is also very present though with more lighter brown hair and eyes. Blonde hair is not as common as in London but is still very present and a lot of the locals looked very similar to British Londoners, indeed i think more people from Brussels could pass easily in London than people from Newcastle or Glasgow. Out of all the populations in Europe Belgium has more people who look very much like the southern English, think fairly pleasant facial features, softer and less rugged than the Scots or northern English,

Ghent where i also visited has a lot of people who look more or less English, borrebies, atlantids, nordo borrebies, atlantids, also quite a few atlantid meds a bit like Kate Middleton. some who also look very Danish or Dutch with very blonde hair, brunns are also present to a decent extent though softer featured than British ones mostly. People are tall though the men look less robust than taller British men, women are about an inch taller than British women, men are also about an inch to 2 inches taller. While the Flemsih are blonder there are still a heck of a lot of brunettes though mostly with light brown hair, the Flemish are nearly as pale as the English but as Septentrion said the British are still a bit pinker skinned on average, still around 90% more or less pass in England which is impressive. Alpine element in Ghent is almost as common as in Brussels so that accounts for the brunetness. i would say for Ghent which is a very White city about 20% are definitely blonde, 50% light brown and the rest dark brown. So to conclude Belgium is an interesting country for it's range of phenotypes, you see most European looks and on the whole is pretty much a north European country though with a very strong central Euro element.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,041
    Given: 43,521

0 Not allowed!

"Blonde hair is not as common as in London but is still very present and a lot of the locals looked very similar to British Londoners, indeed i think more people from Brussels could pass easily in London than people from Newcastle or Glasgow. Out of all the populations in Europe Belgium has more people who look very much like the southern English, think fairly pleasant facial features, softer and less rugged than the Scots or northern English," You think Belgians pass better in Southern England than other Brits do?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    "Blonde hair is not as common as in London but is still very present and a lot of the locals looked very similar to British Londoners, indeed i think more people from Brussels could pass easily in London than people from Newcastle or Glasgow. Out of all the populations in Europe Belgium has more people who look very much like the southern English, think fairly pleasant facial features, softer and less rugged than the Scots or northern English," You think Belgians pass better in Southern England than other Brits do?
    Often yes, they look very similar to the affluent English one sees around Surrey, Kent, Essex. even the working class southerners often have that more Belgian look i.e subnordic and atlantid-alpine influced. What i did notice was that baldness is not as common as in the North of England and people including the men have good hair.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 156

0 Not allowed!

Have you seen rural areas?
    It kinda filters out the Foreigners.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Celt Larper
    Country
    Greenland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,811
    Given: 12,596

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Often yes, they look very similar to the affluent English one sees around Surrey, Kent, Essex. even the working class southerners often have that more Belgian look i.e subnordic and atlantid-alpine influced. What i did notice was that baldness is not as common as in the North of England and people including the men have good hair.
    i remember also that a celtic tribe from Belgium called "Belgae" used to have a settlement in southern England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgae

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PaganPoet View Post
    Have you seen rural areas?
    It kinda filters out the Foreigners.
    Ghent has very few foreigners, so i suppose you could put it into a rural context like a provincial British city.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ghent has very few foreigners, so i suppose you could put it into a rural context like a provincial British city.
    I just looked it up and about a third has migratory background. Almost 4 out of ten.

https://hoeveelin.stad.gent/tendense...s-in-migratie/
    "Wortels in migratie
    Bijna 4 op 10 Gentenaren heeft een vreemde herkomst. Dit aantal stijgt geleidelijk. Migratie komt uit alle richtingen: we tellen meer dan 150 nationaliteiten. Vooral het centrum en de 19de eeuwse gordel zijn zeer divers."
    "Roots in migration Almost 4 out of 10 Ghent residents have a foreign origin. This number is gradually increasing. Migration comes from all directions: we count more than 150 nationalities. Especially the center and the 19th century belt are very diverse."

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I just looked it up and about a third has migratory background. Almost 4 out of ten.

https://hoeveelin.stad.gent/tendense...s-in-migratie/
    "Wortels in migratie
    Bijna 4 op 10 Gentenaren heeft een vreemde herkomst. Dit aantal stijgt geleidelijk. Migratie komt uit alle richtingen: we tellen meer dan 150 nationaliteiten. Vooral het centrum en de 19de eeuwse gordel zijn zeer divers."
    "Roots in migration Almost 4 out of 10 Ghent residents have a foreign origin. This number is gradually increasing. Migration comes from all directions: we count more than 150 nationalities. Especially the center and the 19th century belt are very diverse."
    I saw quite a few Turkish looking people in Ghent but they are very different looking so easy to distinguish, there are a lot of universities and schools there which serve the larger region, most were clearly Belgian.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Ethnicity
    Central/West European
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I saw quite a few Turkish looking people in Ghent but they are very different looking so easy to distinguish, there are a lot of universities and schools there which serve the larger region, most were clearly Belgian.

Something like this that you saw, right?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Something like this that you saw, right?
    Exactly, they kinda look like preppy Americans, i suppose the British/German influence would give that look

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information