H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,434
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Yes, which is why, in the collective subconscious, we the descendants even - still love and foolishly sometimes feel duty of care nostalgia towards the old ancestral homelands going back to the Novgorod times (which I still think was a good system at its time) and beyond, plus stayed faithful to the old Orthodox Church.

Of course, this is the collective baggage people carry, but instead of stewing in some old bitterness, which Loki in his propaganda insists we must have, relatives engaged in programs to clean and fix the environmental problems and jointly with Finns were into construction, activity which only stopped now because of the war.

Therefore, the Karelian Azov fighter’s hate and bitterness baggage totally threw me, because I couldn’t understand where it was coming from. Having never been taught hatred and overcoming the bitterness of the past by all these positive co-operative programs for a better future; - building and mending bridges …. His attitude just made no sense. But he was not born in Finland, so his family must have been the ones who had stayed behind. And if he is a distant relative, then the other side of his ancestry might have been the ones who came from people with lots of nobility titles. Perhaps the people who in the past had belonged to noble families with entitlements have carried this bitter wound around since the revolution (?)
    I can only guess.

I like this guy’s vlog:

Yes, he is very critical – but you just cannot fix the problems which you are not willing to acknowledge, which I think is the sole intent of this guy’s videos.

Pretending that everything is fantastic in Russia and everybody must hate Russians, just isn’t constructive.
    I am surprised how people think that the Finns MUST hate Russians. It is far away from the truth we know. But we know the Russian common tendency to obey their leaders. The czar was a representative of God. Maybe not today, but authorities have much power in Russia If I understand right Russians are very family oriented, but not in a large scale as much society oriented as Finns. We usually trust in our politicians and in the welfare system, but we don't OBEY our leaders. We are like a bunch of very individual people who build up a society. Being very individual there is very little supervised attitudes, like supervised hatred or adoration.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

I had thought the descendants of the Russian Aristocracy (or those other European nobles related to them) – who had survived the revolution and the civil war were still bitter about their ancestors having lost all their lands and power, but I didn’t realize just how much persecution and projected hatred those ancestors were subjected to for decades.
    No wonder these descendants still feel ‘wounded’.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Not promoting any Russian to move to Finland, but during my last visit there, I noticed how, if you are a Finn, Karelian, Russian or Ukrainian – everybody in my ex-hometown treated everybody else as though a relative.
    So, of course you, whoever you are, were made to feel as if “at home”.

That is just the mentality, and I hope it never changes, or has a reason to change.

Personally, unfortunately, I cannot say the same when I visited Russia.
    You couldn’t even engage in a normal “G’day, how ya goin” talk, without some concerned citizen cutting in and hushing the other Russian away as if we were the enemy.
    Why the f* this is so, only Russians know – or don’t know, because of the hate propaganda …

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread Information