View Poll Results: Who has contributed more to civilizatoin, Latins or Germanics? Post a Poll

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Latins

93 54.39%
  • Germanics

44 25.73%
  • about even

34 19.88%
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has contributed more to civilizatoin, Latins or Germanics?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 06:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southwestern
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portugal
    Country
    Portugal
    Taxonomy
    Portuguese
    Politics
    Portuguese
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Two weeks later, could a kind soul correct the title?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

@Albion The size of a people doesn't matter,either you contribute or you don't,simple as that.
    Um, yes it does. Are you telling me Aromanians could have contributed as much as Greeks despite their small numbers?
    Whilst it is true that you either do or don't contribute, the Basques have and I'd say a lot more than Daci... Romanians ever did.

The fact that some Spanish probably used some people from the Basque areas to explore doesn't impress me tbh.
    Whatever, all I know is that there weren't any significant Romanians anywhere in the new world and not many notable ones in the old world neither.

The Latins
    Latins were and still are a great cultural group, we all know this. One thing that strikes me is that you never speak of Romanians alone.
    Whereas say French, English, Germans or Spanish can say they alone did things the Romanians have to go speak of Latin peoples as a collective whole to leech of the achievements of other Latin peoples. Why do you reckon that is?

...were constantly the ones that revolutionized European way of life for the better,not only in Ancient times but also during the Renaissance and beyond.
    Sure, I'll give them that. There's no denying the huge Latin contribution and foundations of European civilisation, but then again this wasn't in question in the first place.

Germanics simply can't compare to that,sorry.
    Germanics may not compare but they have contributed a lot and built upon what the Romans left behind.
    If Germanics hadn't have done so, civilisation in much of Europe, especially the North and West would have stagnated.
    Thanks to them we have Germany, England, France (politically anyway) and some other countries.

Btw don't give me that bs with "latinized" when half of current Germany or more was "germanicfied",the same goes for England.
    What are you on about? Germanic tribes along the Rhine were Latinised, but why does that matter?
    That fits your Latincentric view of the world if Germanics were so impressed by Latin culture that they adopted things from it.
    England and Southern Germany are largely "Germanified" Celts mixed with Germanics proper.

@Gaztelu: You bitch like there is no tomorrow,lol. You do hate Romanians because you thanked EVERY anti-Romanian comment you saw,not to mention the posts you usually make about Eastern Europe and Romania,example: the thread with the colored maps where you choose to "burn" Romania and other Eastern European countries. Another example is when you talk shit about Easterners in the chatbox.
    Tell me did the gypsie from Romania ever do this:
    You're like Aussies. They can't take anything on the chin, no criticism whatsoever either.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2012 @ 05:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Ancestry
    Roman Empire, Roman Dacia.
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Alpine mediterranean
    Politics
    Impaling n00bs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

@Albion: 1)The Aromanians and the other Balkan "vlahs" contributed a lot,you know nothing at all about them lol;
    2) Besides Romanians not having direct access to the Atlantic the Romanians didn't want to migrate to the New World for a long time,we are Orthodox,I'll let your head boil on that idea;
    3)Latins are a group whatever way you look at it,hence the Germanics vs. Latins thread that includes us,although we are Easterners;
    4)Yes that's the question and the answer,the Latins made the biggest impacts on civilization;
    5)You may have a point,but it was mostly Britain that did the contribution and sometimes after Germany;
    6)You bitched about the "Romanics" being latinized in part and I replied with the "Germanics" being also "germanicfied" in part,you should stop getting so confused;
    7)Yes,we don't take shit from anybody.

Last Online
    02-20-2013 @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    Ukrainian / Moldovan father, English mother - raised in Ukraine.
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Dont know
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unurautare View Post
    I blame our ukrainian blood.
    i blame gypsies like your ancestors. Looking at the dna of Romania is always a laugh, I chuckle away at the "South Asian" what shows up on the autosomal chart. Roma (Romanians) will always try and say its becuse of a few gypsies in transylvania, theyre lies though and everyone knows it.

by the way I see that Ruthenia has some "moldovan" ancestry ... is that as in you have some "moldovan" blood or as in some of your slavic (ukrainian) ancestors lived in Moldova !?
    Some Slavs who have always been there and some Romanianised Ukrainians ("Moldovans") who lie about who they really are.

Should we mention the world's 1st jet plane.world's first fountain pen or insulin? But I think any random Romanian contribution pisses from a distance on AIDSkranians or the stateless basque terrorists' "accomplishments".
    Romania is full of criminals, gypos and human traffickers. your contribution to the world surely humbles that of ours.
    Ukraine pisses on your swarthy little shit hole. when indians start immigrating to romania no one will be able to tell the difference, romanians will be reunited with their cousins at last.

Last Online
    02-20-2013 @ 07:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    Ukrainian / Moldovan father, English mother - raised in Ukraine.
    Country
    Ukraine
    Taxonomy
    Dont know
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

3)Latins are a group whatever way you look at it,hence the Germanics vs. Latins thread that includes us,although we are Easterners;
    Lol@Roma Roman wannabes. you're descended from everyone but romans but you do have a few indians so at least your civilisation contributed curry. shame i dont eat curry.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Ancestry
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Alpine mediterranean
    Politics
    Impaling n00bs
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

@dogkranian: Stop barking please,it's not the Romanians who the nazis and soviets starved to death in mass numbers,I wish you all the best in finding food. Oh wait,"Location: Reading, Britain " you already immigrated out of AIDSkraine,fancy you now you live in a real country.
    Speaking of countries don't make me laugh you "ukrainians" are steppe gypos stealing lands from Russia,Romania and Poland while traditionally living like thieves and savages. How long has your so-called country been around? 19-20 years? And it's already poorer than fk and full of AIDS. It also has 2-3 times the population of Romania and less GDP per total.

GDP:
    http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...ry&hl=en&dl=en

AIDS:
    http://www.google.com/publicdata/exp...ry&hl=en&dl=en

Nutritional deficiencies:

AIDS again(Russia has so many because of the tatars and ukrainian immigrants):

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

@Albion: 1)The Aromanians and the other Balkan "vlahs" contributed a lot,you know nothing at all about them lol;
    Such as? As I heard they were basically Shepards but in the towns did money lending like the Jews and helped build a few towns. Amazzzzziiiiinnnnngggg....

2) Besides Romanians not having direct access to the Atlantic the Romanians didn't want to migrate to the New World for a long time,we are Orthodox,I'll let your head boil on that idea;
    Russians expanded north, east, south and west. Romanians could have potentially ousted the other peoples from Crimea or Southern Ukraine but it was an opportunity missed.

What does Orthodoxy have to do with anything? The Russians are Orthodox, it didn't stop them from slaughtering other people and expanding aggressively. It's not just a West Euro thing.

I didn't dispute that, I just find it rather pathetic that you go and claim the deeds of the French, Italians, Romans and Spanish as your own.

5)You may have a point,but it was mostly Britain that did the contribution and sometimes after Germany;
    Agreed.

6)You bitched about the "Romanics" being latinized in part and I replied with the "Germanics" being also "germanicfied" in part,you should stop getting so confused;
    Yes, both groups are largely descended from other peoples who were absorbed into Romanic or Germanic culture with some migrations.

Good lad.

i blame gypsies like your ancestors. Looking at the dna of Romania is always a laugh, I chuckle away at the "South Asian" what shows up on the autosomal chart. Roma (Romanians) will always try and say its becuse of a few gypsies in transylvania, theyre lies though and everyone knows it.

Some Slavs who have always been there and some Romanianised Ukrainians ("Moldovans") who lie about who they really are.
    Rubbish.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

@dogkranian: Stop barking please,it's not the Romanians who the nazis and soviets starved to death in mass numbers,I wish you all the best in finding food.
    Whoa, that's a bit harsh there.

Oh wait,"Location: Reading, Britain " you already immigrated out of AIDSkraine,fancy you now you live in a real country.
    Reading is really awful. It's full of offices and is very dull, dreary and hopeless.

Speaking of countries don't make me laugh you "ukrainians" are steppe gypos stealing lands from Russia,Romania and Poland while traditionally living like thieves and savages.
    Ukrainians branched off from Russians proper IMO. Same with Belarussians.

Last Online
    12-06-2019 @ 02:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Scottish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 189

0 Not allowed!

I said the same thing on another thread about the founding of Western Latin countries,I think it was "which is the most important Latin country" or something similar, and I got trolled by some freak with supposed Italian ancestry,while others just wanted to contradict.
    I am what I say I am and I am no troll but somebody trying to teach you, an ignoramus, some history.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Ancestry
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Alpine mediterranean
    Politics
    Impaling n00bs
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Albion: 1)there are a lot of aromanian scientists,actors,historians etc. in Romania,I could find the lists and etc. or you could just believe me outright;

2) Romanians did expand a bit into the "shitkraine" and stuff( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ioan_Potcoav%C4%83 read the full article if you wish) but basically having an Empire here is not really worth the effort,you have only ... I guess you know what I'm gonna say so I won't have to insult other people outright,just look at the overall history of the region) but you also have to consider that we were in a very bad strategic situation,always surrounded by big and powerful neighbors in every direction (South: Byzantines,later Turks West: Hungarians that arrived before the Romanians were organized into larger states,later Austrians/Holy Roman Empire; North: Poles; East: Mongols,Golden Horde,Crimean Khaganate,Russia etc. etc.) ;

3) I never leeched on the Western Latins,I always said I'm an Easterner. :| Yes,I do sometimes evoke the Romans for fancy because it's my birth right but Romanians usually like to take a look at Roman history only after Trajan conquered Dacia,it's not like we pretend to be Italic Romans or something;

4) Since you agree on the rest - I'll agree on your agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas View Post
    I am what I say I am and I am no troll but somebody trying to teach you, an ignoramus, some history.
    Thank you,sir. I'm humbled.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread Information