Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do people here think of Alain de Benoist?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Default What do people here think of Alain de Benoist?

Despite being considered "far-right", in some ways IMHO he overlaps with the anti-globalisation left. E.g.
    "Will the Earth be reduced to something homogeneous because of deculturalising and depersonalising trends of whcih American cultural imperialism is now the most arrogant vector? Or will people find the means for the necessary resistance in their beliefs, traditions and ways of seeing the world? This is really the decisive question that has been raised at the beginning of the new millennium".
    "Undertaken under the aegis of missionaries, armies and merchants, the Westernisation of the planet has represented an imperialist movement fed by the desire to erase all otherness by imposing on the world a supposedly superior model inevitably represented as 'progress'."
    "Homogenising universalism is only the projection and the mask of an ethnocentrism extended over the whole planet".

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Never read his production. After a few reviews of his thoughts I suggest that on a level of principles his idea is to turn politics and sociology 200 years back in time. Hard to believe that we would have that kind of opportunity any more, because technological evolution has changed infrastructures too much. But this is only my shallow point of view rather than understanding his incentives.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Never read his production. After a few reviews of his thoughts I suggest that on a level of principles his idea is to turn politics and sociology 200 years back in time. Hard to believe that we would have that kind of opportunity any more, because technological evolution has changed infrastructures too much. But this is only my shallow point of view rather than understanding his incentives.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,491
    Given: 5,740

0 Not allowed!

He hasn't been featured in mainstream medias for a long time. Im a bit surprised anyone would know about him outside of France (apparently is the case in Germany at least). He has been bouncing most of his life between far right groupuscules and a few communist ideals. While i don't disagree strongly with anything he says, and despite being mensa, i never found his analyses brilliant either. He now sounds like a lukewarm Soral with a better literary pen.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    He hasn't been featured in mainstream medias for a long time. Im a bit surprised anyone would know about him outside of France (apparently is the case in Germany at least). He has been bouncing most of his life between far right groupuscules and a few communist ideals. While i don't disagree strongly with anything he says, and despite being mensa, i never found his analyses brilliant either. He now sounds like a lukewarm Soral with a better literary pen.
    Despite being putatively 'far-right', I must say I find some of his anti-globalisation and pro-diversity views (as in between countries rather than within them) quite intriguing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Despite being putatively 'far-right', I must say I find some of his anti-globalisation and pro-diversity views (as in between countries rather than within them) quite intriguing.
    I ve touched upon this a few times why some far-right might be in favor of it. De Benoist just more cleverly sugarcoat it, still apparently not enough to make an appearance on mainstream channels .

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    I ve touched upon this a few times why some far-right might be in favor of it. De Benoist just more cleverly sugarcoat it, still apparently not enough to make an appearance on mainstream channels .
    What do you mean?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What do you mean?
    Cutting this chest open and you may not like it, the postulate of those thinkers (wether openly or not) is that the so called modern Judeo-Christian western civilization only can produce at its peak, homosexuals and zionists. To put it nicer, consumers/cosmopolite hedonists, of which Macron is its manifestion in the purest chemical form.

And that some level of diversity at least can help combat or restore some traditionnal values by maintaining in the society, as long as they don't assimilate in the population, an overton window all the way back to square 1. It's a scorched earth policy for some.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,905

1 Not allowed!

Despite being considered "far-right", in some ways IMHO he overlaps with the anti-globalisation left. E.g.
    Benoist is strongly opposed to liberalism and the Western Judeo-Christian tradition, so it's not surprising that they have common ground. I have always seen in his work a fondness for the mythical rebirth of a pre-Christian Europe. For Benoist, liberalism is a kind of political accounting that is averse to the spirit, selfish and blind to man as a social being. The individual that liberalism proposes as the center of the entire human and political dimension is, in Benoist's view, the homo economicus of the late 19th century, a kind of Pavlovian animal that reacts only to consumerist stimuli and lives entirely divorced from the social and the political sphere. Any self-proclaimed pseudo-Communist would hold the same view.
    Dugin, Putin's ideologue, is heavily influenced by Benoist ideas, by the way.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    Benoist is strongly opposed to liberalism and the Western Judeo-Christian tradition, so it's not surprising that they have common ground. I have always seen in his work a fondness for the mythical rebirth of a pre-Christian Europe. For Benoist, liberalism is a kind of political accounting that is averse to the spirit, selfish and blind to man as a social being. The individual that liberalism proposes as the center of the entire human and political dimension is, in Benoist's view, the homo economicus of the late 19th century, a kind of Pavlovian animal that reacts only to consumerist stimuli and lives entirely divorced from the social and the political sphere. Any self-proclaimed pseudo-Communist would hold the same view.
    Dugin, Putin's ideologue, is heavily influenced by Benoist ideas, by the way.
    Well do you like Benoist and his ideas then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information