Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discovery of Hindu god Shivas home like Phallus pillars at 11.4kya world first village

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,455
    Given: 1,640

1 Not allowed!

Default Discovery of Hindu god Shivas home like Phallus pillars at 11.4kya world first village

Discovery of Turkish 11,400-year-old village challenges ideas of when and why humans first settled down
    Excavations at monumental site Karahan Tepe, near the Turkish-Syrian border, suggest that society was established before the dawn of agriculture

Sacred and secular spaces were built simultaneously at Karahan Tepe despite no remnants of farmed vegetation being found, suggesting that the inhabitants remained hunter-gatherers Esber Ayaydin/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images

Sacred and secular spaces were built simultaneously at Karahan Tepe despite no remnants of farmed vegetation being found, suggesting that the inhabitants remained hunter-gatherers

Turkey is hailing the discovery of an 11,400-year-old monumental site as one of the world’s oldest villages, challenging the prevailing science on when and why humankind first settled down.

Karahan Tepe, the first of a dozen prehistoric sites to be excavated by Turkish authorities in the south-eastern province of Sanliurfa near the Syrian border, includes homes within a vast ritualistic complex that demonstrates that hunter-gatherers built permanent settlements long before the advent of agriculture 10,000 years ago.

“Now we have a different view on history,” says Necmi Karul, an associate professor of prehistory at Istanbul University who is leading the dig at Karahan Tepe, a site carved into the slope of a hill on a high limestone plateau between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

“Our findings change the perception, still seen in schoolbooks across the world, that settled life resulted from farming and animal husbandry,” he said at a September presentation of the site. “This shows that it begins when humans were still hunter-gatherers and that agriculture is not a cause, but the effect, of settled life.”

Sacred and secular spaces were built simultaneously at Karahan Tepe, where humans dwelled year-round for about 1,500 years, and no remnants of farmed vegetation have been found.

Karahan Tepe is located around 35km from the Unesco World Heritage site Göbekli Tepe, billed as home to the world’s oldest temple structures. Dating to 9600BC, Göbekli Tepe reshaped ideas about early civilisation when field research led by the German archaeologist Klaus Schmidt was published in the mid-2000s.

Previously thought to be a lone destination where nomadic people came to worship, Göbekli Tepe is now considered part of a constellation of contemporaneous settlements that extends over 100km and includes Karahan Tepe and at least 11 other unexcavated sites. Recent work has also revealed domestic structures at Göbekli Tepe. “In this region, we encounter monumental structures for the first time in the oldest villages of the world,” Karul says.

Disrupting conventional thinking
    Scientists long believed that the domestication of plants and animals around 10,000 years ago is what compelled humans to adopt a sedentary lifestyle and that the boom in food production allowed them to develop complex societies and lay the foundations of civilisation.

But the mounting evidence that Stone Age people built permanent structures for spiritual, rather than strictly essential, pursuits is disrupting conventional thinking that they lacked a large-scale society with division of labour and shared ritualistic motifs.

“It will take time for the scientific community to digest and accept this game-changing research,” says Mehmet Özdoğan, the professor emeritus of archaeology at Istanbul University. “We must now rethink what we knew—that civilisation emerged from a horizontal society that began raising wheat because people were hungry—and assess this period with its multi-faceted society.”

The Neolithic era, coinciding with the end of the Ice Age, marks humankind’s dramatic shift from foraging to farming. “The foundations for today’s civilisation, from family law to inheritance to the state and bureaucracy, were all struck in the Neolithic period,” Özdoğan says.

Karahan Tepe’s circular rooms were planned out in advance, and “the very skilful processing of bedrock reveals an impressive prehistoric architectural engineering”, Karul says. “Building multiple structures with different purposes is the reflection of a complicated belief system. It’s not possible to talk about religion in its true sense, but we see a set of distinct, limited rituals that are radically set forth.”

This is manifested in a chamber that contains what Karul called “one of the most monumental and earliest examples of phallic symbolism”: 11 giant penises carved from the bedrock and watched over by a bearded head with a serpent’s body that emerges from the wall. Karul has deduced that the space, which includes a separate entrance and exit and a channel for water, was used for rites of passage.

One chamber features 11 giant penises carved from bedrock—one of the earliest examples of phallic symbolism
    Photo: Ayla Jean Yackley

Archaeologists have excavated around 1% of the 60,000 sq. m site since 2019, working in record time as remote university instruction during the pandemic extended dig seasons.

While excavations continue, Turkey could open Karahan Tepe to tourists next year, according to the culture minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy. The government eventually hopes to attract five million visitors a year to Göbekli Tepe and the string of Neolithic sites, which it has dubbed Taş Tepeler, meaning Stone Hills. It is investing around $14m to expand excavations to as many as 30 sites in the area and to build a Neolithic research centre, Ersoy said in September, although no timescale for the projects has been announced.
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 Medals -> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-the-Deep-dive
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In Hindu World, Lord Shiva is the first God who lives on Mount Meru and kinda first home for most Hindus. His symbol is phallus and most number of phallus are worshipped at his temples. The discovery at Karahan Tepe shows the worlds earliest villages had the Phallus worship or imagery in their daily lives from Mesolithic times. Lord Shiva was born from community where Goddess Kali who possess great fighting spirit was supreme. It was probably meaning some kind of Venus like Mother goddess villages which evolved into Phallus cults which formed at the end of pure Hunter Gatherer era

Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 Medals -> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-the-Deep-dive
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Today many hundred of thousands of Temples exist with phallus are worshipped according to astrology from the mesopotamian times. Many Hindu temples still evolved out of megalithic like architecture into some medieval innovations

3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H

Last Online
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    turkĎc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,885
    Given: 3,660

0 Not allowed!

What makes you think they are penisses? They don't look it to me. And your Hindu gods don't fit either.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti-marxist, antimanelist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 329

0 Not allowed!

What are you talking about?
    What is the connection between these discoveries in Turkey and Hinduism? Phallus worshiping was practiced by many Mesolithic cultures, wtf.
    Btw, it's kind of weird to see a penis in every eroded column.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The discovery of Haplogroup H3 in Catal Hoyuk early site and presence of H2 in many Neolithic sites point to cult of Lord Shiva and Phallus worship existing from the earliest settlements 11.4kya. There is high possibility of Goddess Kali from now lost R1b waves around the time of first villages which shows the European admix in the earliest Neolithic samples in Anatolia

3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    The discovery of Haplogroup H3 in Catal Hoyuk early site and presence of H2 in many Neolithic sites point to cult of Lord Shiva and Phallus worship existing from the earliest settlements 11.4kya. There is high possibility of Goddess Kali from now lost R1b waves around the time of first villages which shows the European admix in the earliest Neolithic samples in Anatolia
    Most Mesolithic and Neolithic humans were nomadic, these haplogroups moved around a lot. Finding a H3 here and there means nothing.

Btw, where was H3 found at Çatalhöyük?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dviz View Post
    Most Mesolithic and Neolithic humans were nomadic, these haplogroups moved around a lot. Finding a H3 here and there means nothing.

Btw, where was H3 found at Çatalhöyük?
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982221004231
    published recently has the latest categorization

2033 F.84/86 Çatalhöyük South M 50 is H3a1 H3-Z5864
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilus View Post
    What makes you think they are penisses? They don't look it to me. And your Hindu gods don't fit either.
    go use your own device as you wish if you can't comprehend civilizations
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60982221004231
    published recently has the latest categorization

2033 F.84/86 Çatalhöyük South M 50 is H3a1 H3-Z5864
    In other words, you inferred the culture (one that was never proved to be this old) of the site based on the haplogroup of one sample. Good job, man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information