View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia

13 25.00%
  • Australia

39 75.00%
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia vs Australia - Where would you rather live?

Last Online
    02-23-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian North, Middle Volga, Swabia
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,459
    Given: 1,193

0 Not allowed!

australia is a good country that is devoid of many problems (there are no such problems when a significant part of people who have been living for a long time are politically disadvantaged, although there is a question with the aboriginal population, but the colonists did not use their labor). Russia is currently losing to Australia. But I think that in a country with an established political system, everyone with capital (monetary, intellectual, with skills) can feel good. The question is: are you ready to live in the Australian desert, the Russian tundra? do you have a colonialist character to master and benefit from, or do you have a desire to live on the Australian coast or the Black Sea on the basis of those people who died of malaria, froze in the snow, lost teeth from scurvy.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,505
    Given: 36,955

0 Not allowed!

In normal circumstances I would have said Australia, among other reasons, because I speak English, no Russian, I am western, and the temperate climate from southern Australia is more bearable than the climate in most of Russia, etc, but given the current horrible social, moral, political, and racial (massive immigration) decadence suffered by western countries, including Australia, I would seriously consider picking Russia over Australia. Being out from the clutches of globalism and all its woke shit, is a very attractive incentive to prefer Russia over Australia.

I could always learn Russian, and live in the Russian south (like in Volgograd and surrounding areas), where the winters must not be colder than where I live right now (US American Midwest).
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

2 Not allowed!

I'd prefer to live in the Russian south as climate is the only issue I can't stand in Moscow, why living on the other end of the World with non-Russian speaking people around, different culture, including modern woke tendencies? I feel ok in Russia, so I see no problem. I have no desire at all to change my homeland for some alien country, I can't understand how can I benefit from it as I'm satisfied with my life. I lived few years in Serbia and I would love such option in future, but it's not about some "standard" or becoming more wealthy, but about climate, people, attitude, food etc.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    I'd prefer to live in the Russian south as climate is the only issue I can't stand in Moscow, why living on the other end of the World with non-Russian speaking people around, different culture, including modern woke tendencies? I feel ok in Russia, so I see no problem. I have no desire at all to change my homeland for some alien country, I can't understand how can I benefit from it as I'm satisfied with my life. I lived few years in Serbia and I would love such option in future, but it's not about some "standard" or becoming more wealthy, but about climate, people, attitude, food etc.
    Good answer.

For example, look at United Arab Emirates, Extremely wealthy but would never consider living there.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,039
    Given: 6,628

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Pretty true with everything you said specially since the minimum wage In Australia it's as double as the American.

But Australia has one of the highest skin cancer Index In the world and being a pasty British descends doesn't help your skin

Australia 1th place.

https://www.wcrf.org/cancer-trends/s...er-statistics/
    Thanks to European colonisation we have buildings, hats, clothing, sunscreen, and medical care to deal with the possibility of skin cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    You would have to live in Australia to really know what it is like. Australia has a pretty strong identity and usually people feel Australian. They are very good at absorbing immigrants and it is better than Europe at this. They try to encourage everyone to feel Australian no matter what their background is and I do think they do a pretty good job of this. Russia has many ethnic minorities so I don't know if there is a pan-Russian identity. Most Australians are a pretty straight forward bunch and I think they are a bit more conservative than a lot of Europeans. Gay marriage became legal here in December 2017 which is a lot later than many European countries. Anyway I don't think that LMBTQP is rammed down people's throats. Most western countries just have laws which attempt to make sure people have rights which benefits us all. I'm not really anti gay rights but I'm not a supporter of trans women being able to access women's spaces and allowing them to participate in female sports for example. I don't care if they live as trans but I don't believe they are really women of course.
    I would push back a bit on this, I think Australia forsook it's traditional identity decades ago and embraced (from the top down) 'multiculturalism' instead, which ultimately means having no identity/culture. If you asked most Australians what it means to be Australian they probably would struggle to answer, maybe some rubbish about mateship or barbies. However this is probably the same for most Western countries now, even in Europe. In many ways it's this lack of strong national identity and the tolerance of other cultures that attracts foreigners, but is that good for the people here? Not in my opinion.

That's a very very very high percentage for a none European country U. S Is white 57% "none Hispanic" Canada 70%..

So white Australians becoming a minority should be the least racial concerns cheers
    Considering Australia was almost entirely White a few decades ago it's a shocking percentage and decline, with no signs that the politicians wish to arrest it (on the contrary).

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I know there is australian identity, american identity etc, but its not so strong than ethnic identity what exist in Europe. Just look many austrialian TA user, they have mostly ethnic identity (greek, macedonian, hungarian etc) instead of australian.
    Australia is still one of the no1 woke paradise in the world, this thing does not exist in very large part of Europe like in East Europe.
    I have never heard that "i wanna go to West because of humanity" or because of liberalism etc, but i see only financial migrants who are looking for only money in West, nothing else. Its not a good thing if only the money describes a society.
    To be fair that's because they're ethnics, who don't represent the majority of Australians - most of whom just see themselves as Australian. Most Australians aren't interested in Europe and wouldn't frequent a forum like this (subject wise).
    Last edited by Creoda; 02-22-2023 at 07:09 AM.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    03-06-2023 @ 06:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Oof
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 26

0 Not allowed!

Australia.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,024
    Given: 12,251

2 Not allowed!

I'm picking Kangarooland, ofc.
    Pretty true with everything you said specially since the minimum wage In Australia it's as double as the American.

But Australia has one of the highest skin cancer Index In the world and being a pasty British descends doesn't help your skin

Australia 1th place.

https://www.wcrf.org/cancer-trends/s...er-statistics/

But other than that Australia does have one of the highest living conditions probably has to do with good leaders unlike In Latin America lmao.
    Skin cancer rate does not mean much, it concerns only a low percentage of population. Australia's life expectancy is one of the highest on earth, higher than many countries that have lower skin cancer rates. Btw skin cancer death rates of Norway, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia etc are not much different than that of Australia, I think many wouldn't expect that. https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...rs/by-country/
    Last edited by Universe; 02-22-2023 at 08:02 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

Dumb question. Australia ofcourse.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,572
    Given: 29,031

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I know there is australian identity, american identity etc, but its not so strong than ethnic identity what exist in Europe. Just look many austrialian TA user, they have mostly ethnic identity (greek, macedonian, hungarian etc) instead of australian.
    Australia is still one of the no1 woke paradise in the world, this thing does not exist in very large part of Europe like in East Europe.
    I have never heard that "i wanna go to West because of humanity" or because of liberalism etc, but i see only financial migrants who are looking for only money in West, nothing else. Its not a good thing if only the money describes a society.
    I don't think Australia is any more woke than similar countries and in fact Australians are still quite an outspoken people. Also Australia is not for everyone. My father never settled here and also had that pull to Ireland. He spent a lot of his time in Ireland before he died. I also have a family relative out here from Ireland who is working as a doctor in one of the major hospitals. He said he wouldn't live here permanently. I'm just dubious that people now would choose to live in Russia over Australia at this present time. I think the proof is in the pudding. People aren't really going to live in Russia. I just find people saying that they would choose Russia a bit insincere. There isn't many people actively wanting to live in Russia. Many people are actively coming to Australia from other 1st world countries. They aren't going to Russia and people are trying to get out of Russia if they can.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,822

1 Not allowed!

Even Banks are forcing Woke in childrens faces in Australia. There is no end to this madness.

Russia of course - much prefer decency over degeneracy and paedophilia

https://www.facebook.com/NAB/videos/5971738459554192
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information