View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia

13 25.00%
  • Australia

39 75.00%
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia vs Australia - Where would you rather live?

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Australia of course. Australia has one of the best living standards in the world and also a great climate. Australia is also one of the Top 10 countries people would want to move to if they had the choice.

Would people truly want to live in Russia at the moment?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ies-to-live-in

https://www.remitly.com/gb/en/landin...-wants-to-live

Of course it is a personal choice but Russia would be pretty far down the pecking order for the majority of people. It would be pretty difficult living in Russia now and even before the war Russia's standard of living was never high.
    Pretty true with everything you said specially since the minimum wage In Australia it's as double as the American.

But Australia has one of the highest skin cancer Index In the world and being a pasty British descends doesn't help your skin

Australia 1th place.

https://www.wcrf.org/cancer-trends/s...er-statistics/

But other than that Australia does have one of the highest living conditions probably has to do with good leaders unlike In Latin America lmao.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,569
    Given: 29,027

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Standard of living is not everything. Money means nothing if the schools are full of LMBTQP propaganda, there is no strong identity because everyone is mixed, there is no strong cultural background but only diversity like in Australia. Btw Russia has averge central european standard of living in general which is not bad globally and such russian cities like Moscow or Petrograd has average western living standards just saying. If youre diligent, you can make good career in Russia too.
    You would have to live in Australia to really know what it is like. Australia has a pretty strong identity and usually people feel Australian. They are very good at absorbing immigrants and it is better than Europe at this. They try to encourage everyone to feel Australian no matter what their background is and I do think they do a pretty good job of this. Russia has many ethnic minorities so I don't know if there is a pan-Russian identity. Most Australians are a pretty straight forward bunch and I think they are a bit more conservative than a lot of Europeans. Gay marriage became legal here in December 2017 which is a lot later than many European countries. Anyway I don't think that LMBTQP is rammed down people's throats. Most western countries just have laws which attempt to make sure people have rights which benefits us all. I'm not really anti gay rights but I'm not a supporter of trans women being able to access women's spaces and allowing them to participate in female sports for example. I don't care if they live as trans but I don't believe they are really women of course.

Anyway trying to be more open minded I would still think Australia would be a much better place to live than Russia by a wide margin. But it is interesting seeing people pick Russia over a country like Australia. I am a bit dubious that they would really choose to live in Russia if I'm honest.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

1 Not allowed!

Being Orthodox Christian, Slavic in origin, And conservative, Russia would be a good place in all aspects.

But I am born in Australia. Even though the far left agenda is progressing in Australia at a RAPID rate, I'd still find it hard to forsake this country and leave. I think a future persecution of Christians is possible here.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Pretty true with everything you said specially since the minimum wage In Australia it's as double as the American.

But Australia has one of the highest skin cancer Index In the world and being a pasty British descends doesn't help your skin

Australia 1th place.

https://www.wcrf.org/cancer-trends/s...er-statistics/

But other than that Australia does have one of the highest living conditions probably has to do with good leaders unlike In Latin America lmao.
    Yes skin cancer is high even though there is a very high awareness of the dangers of skin cancer. Skin cancer rates have been steadily increasing even though there has been education about this over the last couple of decades. Most Australians have ancestry from Northwestern Europe so they just have the wrong skin type for the environment. I do think Australia will be a lot more Asian in the future as a percentage of population and also with people of mixed Asian/European descent. It is still majority European now by quite a large amount.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

0 Not allowed!

Outrage after six-year-olds told they must wear 'pride shirts' to play soccer at half-time of an A-League game

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...de-shirts.html

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    Being Orthodox Christian, Slavic in origin, And conservative, Russia would be a good place in all aspects.

But I am born in Australia. Even though the far left agenda is progressing in Australia at a RAPID rate, I'd still find it hard to forsake this country and leave. I think a future persecution of Christians is possible here.
    I see a push back happening re the left. I see this happening in Europe but also Australia. It is interesting seeing what happened to Nicola Sturgeon in Scotland. It was her transgender bill that was a big factor in her resignation. I've been following this for a long time.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...r-bill/673067/

I've also been seeing other trends such as what is happening with the refugee situation in Europe. I do see more right wings parties being elected if the people aren't listened to.

It has happened in Sweden and Italy.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes skin cancer is high even though there is a very high awareness of the dangers of skin cancer. Skin cancer rates have been steadily increasing even though there has been education about this over the last couple of decades. Most Australians have ancestry from Northwestern Europe so they just have the wrong skin type for the environment. I do think Australia will be a lot more Asian in the future as a percentage of population and also with people of mixed Asian/European descent. It is still majority European now by quite a large amount.
    What percent of Australians are white being fully European I mean? I think Is a pretty white place and probably more than many European countries.

Australia Is even whiter than U. S and Canada, so I don't think white Australians would be any minority soon maybe by 2100s percentages would start dropping on a heart beat.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    What percent of Australians are white being fully European I mean? I think Is a pretty white place and probably more than many European countries.

Australia Is even whiter than U. S and Canada, so I don't think white Australians would be any minority soon maybe by 2100s percentages would start dropping on a heart beat.
    Approx 80% would be white, about 17.4% were Asian (as of the 2021 Census).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Approx 80% would be white, about 17.4% were Asian (as of the 2021 Census).
    That's a very very very high percentage for a none European country U. S Is white 57% "none Hispanic" Canada 70%..

So white Australians becoming a minority should be the least racial concerns cheers

Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,318
    Given: 9,884

3 Not allowed!

I know there is australian identity, american identity etc, but its not so strong than ethnic identity what exist in Europe. Just look many austrialian TA user, they have mostly ethnic identity (greek, macedonian, hungarian etc) instead of australian.
    Australia is still one of the no1 woke paradise in the world, this thing does not exist in very large part of Europe like in East Europe.
    I have never heard that "i wanna go to West because of humanity" or because of liberalism etc, but i see only financial migrants who are looking for only money in West, nothing else. Its not a good thing if only the money describes a society.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information