atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,521
    Given: 9,865

4 Not allowed!

Post Anthropology of Romanians, as seen here on Bucharest metro

Since I always travel to work by metro, I wanted to share with you my anthropological observations so far:

- people are overwhelmingly brunet. You hardly see adults with natural hair lighter than medium brown
    - light eyes are found only in 10-15%, mostly green or grey (blue as in French is extremely uncommon)
    - there are few real Meds (as seen in Greece or Italy, even France)
    - people are soft faced and quite stubby (angular features are uncommon)
    - a mix of alpinid, reduced cro magnid (incl. Baltid) and pontid is the default
    - Aryan or Turanid are visible in 1-5% (atypical, but you will find one or two person in a wagon)
    - Turkish (Near Eastern) looks are visible in 10-15% (even Armenoid is not too uncommon)

Overall, there is a lot of overlap (60-70%) with Sicilians I saw in Palermo (if you exclude "extremities" among each ethnic groups), although latter are obviously even more brunet. The main difference is the absence of real angular-featured Meds

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

0 Not allowed!

What I have observed, is that (promisingly) there are tons of young people:

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 34

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    Since I always travel to work by metro, I wanted to share with you my anthropological observations so far:

- people are overwhelmingly brunet. You hardly see adults with natural hair lighter than medium brown
    - light eyes are found only in 10-15%, mostly green or grey (blue as in French is extremely uncommon)
    - Aryan or Turanid are visible in 1-5% (atypical, but you will find one or two person in a wagon)
    - Turkish (Near Eastern) looks are visible in 10-15% (even Armenoid is not too uncommon)

Overall, there is a lot of overlap (60-70%) with Sicilians I saw in Palermo (if you exclude "extremities" among each ethnic groups), although latter are obviously even more brunet. The main difference is the absence of real angular-featured Meds
    Have you seen more similarites with western neighbours (ex yu) or with eastern (Ukraine)?

Last Online
    04-13-2023 @ 11:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    USian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post

Would you say there is a class divide regarding phenotypes and pigmentation?

Last Online
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyctor View Post
    Have you seen more similarites with western neighbours (ex yu) or with eastern (Ukraine)?
    They look different: SW Slavs have narrower faces, far more dinarid, more real meds and "nordics".

I've never been in eastern Ukraine, but from videos I've seen they look very different from Romanians.

Biggest overlap is with Szekeler Hungarians, followed by Gagauz, Bulgarians and to a lesser extent Albanians. Neither looks identical, but there is a large amount of overlap 75%.

Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 09:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan taliban
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    J-M92
    Taxonomy
    wog
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Without reading your full analysis, I also take the Bucharest metro(western line) and I cannot agree about the pigmentation, blue eyes are more common than green eyes, as is everywhere in the world and they ain't below 1/4, and I am talking about blue eyes, not hazelish blue or greenish-blue.

The most common look and pigmentation is like Selly and the 5 gang of zoomers, that's how like 80% of romanians look like, puffy people, if they let their hair grow they're passable for girls, like they had no puberty. The rest of 20% come in all sort of looks and pigmentation.

And blonde hair is common, no way that hair above medium brown is rare, especially among the new generation, light brown is as common as dark brown and black is as atypical as dark blonde and above.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scar95 View Post
    Without reading your full analysis, I also take the Bucharest metro(western line) and I cannot agree about the pigmentation, blue eyes are more common than green eyes, as is everywhere in the world and they ain't below 1/4, and I am talking about blue eyes, not hazelish blue or greenish-blue.

The most common look and pigmentation is like Selly and the 5 gang of zoomers, that's how like 80% of romanians look like, puffy people, if they let their hair grow they're passable for girls, like they had no puberty. The rest of 20% come in all sort of looks and pigmentation.

And blonde hair is common, no way that hair above medium brown is rare, especially among the new generation, light brown is as common as dark brown and black is as atypical as dark blonde and above.
    Blond hair isn't common and there are probably more green/hazel than blue eyes as is common in southeastern Europe. Dark brown hair is much more common than light brown.

I've been to Romania (not Bucharest)

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Northen ghegh albanian
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Dardania
    Politics
    Ballist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 136

3 Not allowed!

Interesting is that i have seen more albanian looking romanians then greeks montenegrins or serbs who are our neighbours, yet romanians are genetically not so close to us like greeks are

Last Online
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scar95 View Post
    I also take the Bucharest metro(western line) and I cannot agree about the pigmentation, blue eyes are more common than green eyes, as is everywhere in the world and they ain't below 1/4, and I am talking about blue eyes, not hazelish blue or greenish-blue.

You either never take Bucharest metro or live in a parallel world

Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 09:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan taliban
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    J-M92
    Taxonomy
    wog
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Blond hair isn't common and there are probably more green/hazel than blue eyes as is common in southeastern Europe. Dark brown hair is much more common than light brown.

I've been to Romania (not Bucharest)
    No, a quarter zoomers are dark blonde and/or has dirty blonde hair, check zoomers on tiktok, it’s the mayo blonde hair that’s rare.
    Hazel eyes aint light, and 9/10 of people who think that have green eyes have hazel with green tint.Green is a pure light color, like blue or grey, no brown in it, basically blue but with a gene that turns them greenish.
    I wager around 60% pure brown, 10% hazel and 30% largerly blue variants with some green and grey(which I count as blue), so slighrly above 2/3 have brown to brown dominant eyes.
    I have green dominant light eyes and for every guy like me I see 10x with pure blue eyes
    My analysis is only for young people, I dont look at old people, who are on average noticeably darker.
    There’s an idea on TA that romanians are dark brown haired balkanites whereas that’s a tiny minority, medium pigmented alpines with some secondsry influence is the norm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information