Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Serbia join the EU and when?

Last Online
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,480
    Given: 13,196

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Serbian passports and other papers have even many Kosovo Albanian politicians, athletes etc.
    Is it true Kosovo passport is worth toilet paper?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,645

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Is it true Kosovo passport is worth toilet paper?
    Yes, something like that.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,679
    Given: 11,611

1 Not allowed!

Latinos (especially Mexicans) often serve in the US army for US papers.

Balkanites who are from the non-EU countries get EU passports on various ways. In Serbia live several hundreds thousands Serbs born in Croatia or whose parents are born there, and they can take Croatian passports. Serbs who are not related with Croatia and they are married to those with Croatian passports can get passports via spouse, but it's not that easy as for those who are born in Croatia or have at least one parent born there.
    People from Vojvodina including Serbs can get Hungarian passports if at least one of their ancestors was born in Vojvodina before 1918 (when Austria-Hungary existed) or in Bačka (part of Vojvodina) during the Hungarian occupation 1941-44. Hungarians from Vojvodina are exception, they don't have to meet these conditions. They can get Hungarian passport without any conditions from what i know. Spouses of Serbs and others with Hungarian passport who are not related with Vojvodina probably can get passports via their spouses. Except at least one ancestor born in Vojvodina before 1918 or in Bačka 1941-44 non-Hungarian candidate for Hungarian passport must learn formally few Hungarian words if they don't know Hungarian language.
    In southeastern Serbia local Serbs often take Bulgarian passports, but i don't know details. Macedonians even more, they are champions in obtaining Bulgarian passports.
    Albanians from Kosovo take massively Serbian passports. Regardless Serbian is not in EU, Serbian passport is valued more in EU than so called Kosovar.
    I would never move abroad, no matter of getting any financial benefits.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,194
    Given: 58,968

1 Not allowed!

Balkanites who are from the non-EU countries get EU passports on various ways. In Serbia live several hundreds thousands Serbs born in Croatia or whose parents are born there, and they can take Croatian passports. Serbs who are not related with Croatia and they are married to those with Croatian passports can get passports via spouse, but it's not that easy as for those who are born in Croatia or have at least one parent born there.
    People from Vojvodina including Serbs can get Hungarian passports if at least one of their ancestors was born in Vojvodina before 1918 (when Austria-Hungary existed) or in Bačka (part of Vojvodina) during the Hungarian occupation 1941-44. Hungarians from Vojvodina are exception, they don't have to meet these conditions. They can get Hungarian passport without any conditions from what i know. Spouses of Serbs and others with Hungarian passport who are not related with Vojvodina probably can get passports via their spouses. Except at least one ancestor born in Vojvodina before 1918 or in Bačka 1941-44 non-Hungarian candidate for Hungarian passport must learn formally few Hungarian words if they don't know Hungarian language.
    In southeastern Serbia local Serbs often take Bulgarian passports, but i don't know details. Macedonians even more, they are champions in obtaining Bulgarian passports.
    Albanians from Kosovo take massively Serbian passports. Regardless Serbian is not in EU, Serbian passport is valued more in EU than so called Kosovar.

That means I could technically get Hungarian citizenship, Im just not sure if the ancestors have to be ethnically hungarians or if they can be gypsies too?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Last Online
    02-24-2023 @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Kosova is a region that has been inhabited by Albanians probably since like ancient times. You're some Slavic tribe that invaded the territory in the late 12th century. There are populations in Kosova that preceded your people's arrival, not only Albanians and Vlachs but also the Gorani who are Bulgarians/Macedonians. During the Ottoman period you did nothing to stay or keep the region. Non-Serbs in the region like Albanians put up more Ottoman resistance and it is backed up by plenty of historical evidence. Claiming a region as your Jerusalem where most of the history there is not even yours is a pretty good joke. So please spare us of that nationalist rhetoric crap. If the Albanians in Kosovo cannot have self determination I wonder how on earth a place like Vojvodina could be accepted as part of Serbia or a place like Republika Srpska. In Vojdoina you're practically Ottoman refugees who settled Hungarian territory.

Shaqiri and Behrami do not use Serbian passport, they have Swiss passports and left for Switzerland before even Yugoslav wars , their parents were fired from their jobs by Serbian regime. As such they might of kept the Yugoslav/Serbian passports which they had. I personally did not keep my Yugoslav passport but threw it in the trash.

Albanians in Kosovo do not use majority Serbian passports, they use Kosovar ID which can also be used to enter Serbia since Serbia consider Kosovars to be Serbian citizens. You just admitted yourself that people in Serbia use Croatian passports. When it comes to leaving the territory and go abroad, people require all kinds of passports.

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Montenegro
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 37

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Or will Kosovo join the EU and Serbia then can not join the EU because it does not recognise Kosovo?
    Kosovo can't even join UN let alone EU. Not all EU members recognise kosovo and never will.
    Serbia giving up on territory because of some organisation.... i'm not for that. Who knows what will happen in 5-10 years with EU. Serbia should work closly with EU , she is in Europe afterall and work with Russia and China.

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Montenegro
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 37

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by R3d0N View Post
    Kosova is a region that has been inhabited by Albanians probably since like ancient times. You're some Slavic tribe that invaded the territory in the late 12th century. There are populations in Kosova that preceded your people's arrival, not only Albanians and Vlachs but also the Gorani who are Bulgarians/Macedonians. During the Ottoman period you did nothing to stay or keep the region. Non-Serbs in the region like Albanians put up more Ottoman resistance and it is backed up by plenty of historical evidence. Claiming a region as your Jerusalem where most of the history there is not even yours is a pretty good joke. So please spare us of that nationalist rhetoric crap. If the Albanians in Kosovo cannot have self determination I wonder how on earth a place like Vojvodina could be accepted as part of Serbia or a place like Republika Srpska. In Vojdoina you're practically Ottoman refugees who settled Hungarian territory.

Shaqiri and Behrami do not use Serbian passport, they have Swiss passports and left for Switzerland before even Yugoslav wars , their parents were fired from their jobs by Serbian regime. As such they might of kept the Yugoslav/Serbian passports which they had. I personally did not keep my Yugoslav passport but threw it in the trash.

Albanians in Kosovo do not use majority Serbian passports, they use Kosovar ID which can also be used to enter Serbia since Serbia consider Kosovars to be Serbian citizens. You just admitted yourself that people in Serbia use Croatian passports. When it comes to leaving the territory and go abroad, people require all kinds of passports.
    What resistance? majority of you became muslims and did battles for Turks. Albania was last one that got independent 1912. So much about your "resistance" Coca Cola is older than Albania.
    Yes Jerusalem, all culture heritage on Kosovo is Serbian, there is nothing Albanian. Remind me when will you apply again for UNESCO so i can laugh.

You don't know what you talk about, Albanians on Kosovo are national minority and have no rights on such things. Serbs in Bosnia are constituent people and have right on Republic of Srpska.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

An example:

One early account states that in Prishtina 5,000 Arnauts, having thrown off the Turks and many leaders of the surrounding places ... swore fealty to the Emperor.

Count Veterani, the commander of the Austrian campaign in this part of the Balkans in 1690, wrote in his memoirs of 20,000 Arnauts reduced to loyal obedience to the Emperor Piccolomini

An anonymous history of the war, written in Italian (and surviving in manuscript in two forms: the full Italian text in the French Foreign Ministry archives, and an extract in German translation, entitled 'Annotationes und Reflexiones, in the Kriegsarchiv in Vienna), refers to more than 20,000 Rascians or Albanians. Some other early texts by writers who apparently had acces to original dispatches and documents specify Albanians: for example Franz Wagner, in his history of the region of Leopold I, used the words 'Arnautae' and 'Epirotae' - the latter being a term normally used to distinguish the Albanian language (and its speakers) from the Slav, ''Illyrian'', one.[/QUOTE]

And one of Piccolominis own officers, Colonel von Strasser, reported to Ludwig von Baden that Piccolomini had gone to Prizren in order to treat with 'The Albanians, Arnauts, and others (mit den Albanesernen, Arnauten und anderen')

Among the papers of Ludwig von Baden in Karlsruhe, there is a copy of an intercepted letter, in French, written by a secretary of the English Embassy in Istanbul on 19 January 1690: it reports that the 'Germans' in Kosovo have made contact with 20,000 Albanians who have turned their weapons against the Turks.

Most of this evidence points then towards the conclusion that the bulk of the people who rallied to Piccolomini in Prizren - both the 5,000 who came to the town to greet him, and the others who made up the total of 20,000 - were, by our modern criteria, Albanian

Rebels, Believers, Survivors: Studies in the History of Albanians

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why would Shaqiri, a guy who has a Swiss passport, use a Serbian passport. Only reason why people would use it is that it makes it easier to enter the Balkans through Serbia and vice versa I believe. For example from Kosovo you cannot go through Serbia and to Europe without a Serbian passport or Kosovar ID if you did not come through Serbia first. They'll just send you back. People would also use such passports to go to the EU mostly but they also use Bulgarian and Greek. I believe with Albanian passport one can travel to the EU for some time too. Visa liberation for Kosovo will be in 2024 probably.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So I looked up a bit on this case and I found something:

The Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection of the Republic of Serbia submitted a criminal charge to the First Basic Public Prosecutor’s Office in Belgrade on suspicion that one or more unknown officials of the Serbian MIA illegally collected personal data on the two football players from the Swiss national team of Kosovo origin, with identification papers of the Republic of Serbia – Xherdan Shaqiri and Valon Behrami.

On June 21st, the tabloid newspaper Informer published an article titled „(PHOTO) THEY ARE NOT SWISS, THEY ARE SERBS! Shaqiri and Behrami have SERBIAN CITIZENSHIP!“, and photographs of the birth certificate and citizenship of the two players, which other media also reported later. These birth certificates and citizenships were issued by the civil service of the city administrations of Vranje and Kraljevo on the same day when the article was published.

The documents were issued by the city administration at the official request of the Police Department for Gnjilane and Kosovska Mitrovica

During the supervision procedure, these city administrations informed the Commissioner that they issued the documents to the Police Department for Gnjilane, relocated to Vranje and the Police Department for Kosovska Mitrovica, relocated to Kraljevo, on the basis of their official requests.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information