Macedonian in Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 23

0 Not allowed!

Default Australian's are #1 in New Worlder LARPing

I have to admit, my county of Australia, which I love, has a serious LARPing problem on TA. Australians just can't be content with being Australians, they have to act like they are "Irish", "English", "Greek", etc. They even have the nerve to act like they are the spokespeople for these countries. They are really just bored Australians. In truth, Americans and Canadians don't LARP nearly as much despite all the vitriol directed at them on this forum. They will just say I'm "Canadian" or I'm "American." It's like Australians are not full invested in Australia so they have to play these online roles. I won't name names but I think some of you know exactly the people I'm talking about .

If someone ask my nationality, I always say Australian, not Macedonian.
    Last edited by Blazhe; 03-06-2023 at 02:40 AM.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,991
    Given: 6,606

4 Not allowed!

1. If you genuinely believe such a thing, you're probably not from Australia, which was questionable in the first place with you.
    2. The handful of 'Australians' on this forum aren't representative of most Australians at all
    3. Name and shame, otherwise this thread is boring
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,435
    Given: 13,139

1 Not allowed!

It's a normal anglo new world custom to identify with whatever nationality your great great great grandpa was. If you are not aware of that then you don't live in anglo land (unless there's a street called Australia in Catalonia, which I doubt)

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    1. If you genuinely believe such a thing, you're probably not from Australia, which was questionable in the first place with you.
    2. The handful of 'Australians' on this forum aren't representative of most Australians at all
    4. Australia isn't the 'New World', it's never been referred to as such, either inside or outside Australia.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

The Catalan boy and his stupid threads

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazhe View Post
    I have to admit, my county of Australia, which I love, has a serious LARPing problem on TA. Australians just can't be content with being Australians, they have to act like they are "Irish", "English", "Greek", etc. They even have the nerve to act like they are the spokespeople for these countries. They are really just bored Australians. In truth, Americans and Canadians don't LARP nearly as much despite all the vitriol directed at them on this forum. They will just say I'm "Canadian" or I'm "American." It's like Australians are not full invested in Australia so they have to play these online roles. I won't name names but I think some of you know exactly the people I'm talking about .

If someone ask my nationality, I always say Australian, not Macedonian.
    You don't belong to a group just from having citizenship of that country. If you're completely assimilated (different to being integrated) to the point where you only speak that country's language, lose ties to your roots (never visit your homeland or have any ties to relatives back home), have an ingroup bias towards that group, would support that country in a war against your country of origin, etc. then I'd say you're assimilated. Assimilation involves forgetting your roots and becoming a member of a new group. Integration is keeping in touch with your roots while living as a normal citizen in your new country. Assimilation usually takes at least 2-3 generations to happen while it's common for first generation immigrants to integrate. I don't consider any first generation person to be assimilated.

I don't see how someone that is born to Irish or English or Greek parents and strongly identifies with them completely ceases to be that ethnicity just cause they have Australian citizenship. Being part of a group is more about what's on a piece of paper. Do you know the history of the people you're naming on this forum to say that they're all LARPers? Australians will also just say "I'm Australian" in my experience unless they have recent ancestry from their country of origin, in which case they aren't fully assimilated yet.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,870
    Given: 12,737

2 Not allowed!

There was a Scottish YouTuber trolling Australians by claiming the continent didn't exist. He became famous (or I should say infamous) for trolling low IQ Australians. Apparently, Australia is a nation full of Rothaers in that they're too stupid to see obvious humor.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-25-2023 @ 04:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Macedonian-Australian
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian in Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 23

0 Not allowed!

Why not?

Meaning more autistic than most Australians?

It's not my concern if a thread is personally entertaining to you. The same message goes to Cristiano viejo.

4. Australia isn't the 'New World', it's never been referred to as such, either inside or outside Australia.

Unimportant semantics. Call it Anglo-land if you want, I don't care

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    You don't belong to a group just from having citizenship of that country. If you're completely assimilated (different to being integrated) to the point where you only speak that country's language, lose ties to your roots (never visit your homeland or have any ties to relatives back home), have an ingroup bias towards that group, would support that country in a war against your country of origin, etc. then I'd say you're assimilated. Assimilation involves forgetting your roots and becoming a member of a new group. Integration is keeping in touch with your roots while living as a normal citizen in your new country. Assimilation usually takes at least 2-3 generations to happen while it's common for first generation immigrants to integrate. I don't consider any first generation person to be assimilated.

I don't see how someone that is born to Irish or English or Greek parents and strongly identifies with them completely ceases to be that ethnicity just cause they have Australian citizenship. Being part of a group is more about what's on a piece of paper. Do you know the history of the people you're naming on this forum to say that they're all LARPers? Australians will also just say "I'm Australian" in my experience unless they have recent ancestry from their country of origin, in which case they aren't fully assimilated yet.
    Bear in mind also that the percentage of foreign-born and first generation 'Australians' is far higher than for Americans. Nearly 30% of the Aus population is foreign born, and nearly half have a parent born overseas. That also holds true when comparing the White populations of each.

All that considered, the tendency here to 'larp' as foreign is not particularly high, if anything more people 'larp' as Aussies.
    Last edited by Creoda; 03-05-2023 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2023 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pantanal Pathfinder
    Country
    North-Korea
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism and Eugenics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

He is not Australian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information