R1a-Z93
    Hero
    Edward I
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Sub-ethnic divisions and conflicts within nations

Have been thinking about this for a while because England, like many nations, has considerable variation in terms of phenotypic characteristics, but without any identifiable ethnic difference (think Welsh/English division). Reading De Gobineau who stated that during The Terror phase of French Revolution tens of thousands of 'blond' people were hunted and killed in Paris simply because being blond implied aristocratic credentials. In England, we have a tradition where it is bad luck for a blond person to enter a household first on New Years Eve before a black-haired, which originates from Viking raids. More nefariously, I would hear many stories from my own ostensibly working-class town from my parents generation. Never openly 'ethnic' attacks but young blond lads having their faces bashed in and skulls stamped on, really unpleasant stories of violence & aggression. A meandering post but is this division present in your country? One imagines it comes from prior class and caste distinctions that slowly dissipated with the Industrial Revolution.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjim View Post
    Have been thinking about this for a while because England, like many nations, has considerable variation in terms of phenotypic characteristics, but without any identifiable ethnic difference (think Welsh/English division).
    I don't think England has any noticeable phenotypical variation. England is not France. Ask Septentrion for more details.

Reading De Gobineau who stated that during The Terror phase of French Revolution tens of thousands of 'blond' people were hunted and killed in Paris simply because being blond implied aristocratic credentials.
    Gobineau did not say that, the claim was made by Arthur Kemp in March of the Titans. Kemp got this information from Racial Elements of European History by Hans Günther, but it's not clear to me where Günther would have gotten this idea from. During WW1 many Northern French regiments were put on front lines due to the fact they appeared to have been better trained. But many of them got killed resulting in the loss of some Nordid element among the French population (they invited brown immigrants from North Africa after the war to take their place in the 1920s), but there is no evidence for deliberate hostility towards blonds in French Revolution (even the vicious Sans-culottes didn't target them). And blond hair was fashionable for French women those days, it took a lot of time, money and effort to get hair that colour, so maybe if you were a blonde they assumed you were bourgeoisie who had the money and the time to colour it and you lost your head.

In England, we have a tradition where it is bad luck for a blond person to enter a household first on New Years Eve before a black-haired, which originates from Viking raids.
    First footing tradition actually differs from place to place in the UK. In North Yorkshire it's a blond haired male, in Scotland its a red haired male, there are regional variations about the hair colour of the first foot person even in mainland Europe, in Sweden for instance a dark haired swarthy male who enters the house on the New Year's Day is considered the devil himself.

More nefariously, I would hear many stories from my own ostensibly working-class town from my parents generation. Never openly 'ethnic' attacks but young blond lads having their faces bashed in and skulls stamped on, really unpleasant stories of violence & aggression.
    This is utter bollocks and you know it.

A meandering post but is this division present in your country?
    Nope.

One imagines it comes from prior class and caste distinctions that slowly dissipated with the Industrial Revolution.
    There were no caste distinctions in England. Class distinctions in Britain are mainly about social status not phenotype or hair colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo