Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    This comment just makes no sense.

1. I have never claimed that hungarians are germanic. You cant quote me when i said that. If you mean genetic, they are mostly slavic, with germanic and balkanite influence.

2. I did not deny all turkic influence, check these comments:

(Btw i dont agree with these comments nowadays, my opinion has changed, i just posted it, because its laughable claim that i denied every turkic relationship)
    Actually those N3a-men (now N1c) of Hungarian elites belonged to same haplogroups with Khanty people. But, as the study in Dick's link proved, they were a multi-ethnic group and it is not far-fetched to assume also Turkic conquerors.
    Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 03-17-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,632
    Given: 4,642

0 Not allowed!

They are not, but some of the wannabe Turkic.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,632
    Given: 4,642

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 08:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Contribute or get lost
    Hero
    Louis Brandt
    Religion
    Evangelical
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Their origins are not from Central Asia but from southern Asia in Punjab. A nation know for raiding with small horses into Europe and raping, what a great history. More than 1000 years of ethnic country, yet they live like in 80s Probably some Balkanic/Arabic shithole country would do much better than them

OMEN, PORTENT OR PRODIGY Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2023 @ 09:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, IVC/Iran, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Israelite/Semitic), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 8

1 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Not A Turkic Language

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Blondie thinks that they are not, but Orban is just now in a meeting of Turkic people, in Ankara.
    As Emerging Europe has rightly asked: "What is Hungary doing in the Organisation of Turkic States?"

It's a fair question. As Devin Haas explains, Hungary is leading European engagement with Turkic nations, with its motives rooted in a nationalist narrative that benefits Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán. In what may initially seem like a head-scratching move, Hungary became an OTS observer state in 2018. Since his party, Fidesz, came to power in 2010, Orbán has pursued an "Eastern Opening" policy to promote trade and economic partnerships with Russia, Turkic nations, and South and East Asian countries. And this is where it gets interesting and a bit controversial: Orbán subscribes to a pseudoscientific cultural movement – Hungarian Turanism – contending Hungarians are descended from Turkic Central Asians. He has called Hungarians "Kipchak Turks," referring to a medieval confederation of Turkic nomads in the Eurasian Steppe. Hungary Today has reported Orbán as saying, "Hungarians consider themselves late descendants of Attila, of Hun-Turkic origin, and Hungarian is a relative of Turkic languages."

But it's not a Turkic language, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Here Haas rightly tells us that the Hungarian language is not a Turkic language, and it is worth quoting him at length on this issue in order to understand why and the reasons the article's author had in mind:

Hungary and the Ottoman Empire shared a border for centuries and the Hungarian language picked up some Turkic loan words, but Hungarian is in the Uralic language family and is closer to Finnish and Estonian than any Turkic language. The idea that Huns were Turkic is disputed by most academics. The widely-rejected ethnolinguistic theories shared by Orbán originated in the 18th and 19th centuries. After the World War I, Hungarian Turanism was incorporated into the ideologies of far-right ethnonationalist movements. Many of its proponents synthesised it with fascism and anti-Semitism. The Nazi-allied Arrow Cross party, which ruled Hungary for parts of 1944 and 1945 and killed hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews, embraced the idea of a Turanian-Hungarian master race. Hungary’s Communist regime suppressed Hungarian Turanism, but its fall prompted a revival. The Great Kurultáj, a yearly meeting of Eurasian horse-riding nomads organised by the Hungarian Turan Fund, has been hosted in Bugac, Hungary, since 2008. Both Fidesz and Jobbik, a large right-wing opposition party, promote Turanism. Orbán has referred to Hungary as “Christian Turkish lands”. Péter Balogh, a professor at Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest, characterises Orbán’s approach to Hungarian identity as a fusion of Turanism and the notion that Hungary is a Christian bulwark that portrays the country as “a bridgehead linking East and West.” László Kövér, a founding member of Fidesz and the current speaker of the National Assembly, said, “Hungarians are the westernmost people from the East and will never forget their Eastern brethren.”

This Eurasianist ideological approach, he goes on to note, legitimises Orbán’s frequent clashes with Brussels and his friendly relationships with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Orbán’s administration has pursued a foreign policy and trade strategy that aligns with their ideological centering of Hungary as a link between Western liberalism and Eastern illiberalism.

https://emerging-europe.com/news/exp...turkic-states/

Hungarian PM Orban meets Turkic States official for co-op talks

Orban stressed that Hungary, which has an observer status in the organization, has always nurtured deep ties with the Turkic world. The OTS, formerly called the Turkic Council, is an international organization comprising prominent independent Turkic countries that work together to elevate relations and the union among themselves. Its members are Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Türkiye and Uzbekistan. European Union country Hungary, Turkmenistan and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) have observer status.

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics/...or-co-op-talks
    I am become Death, destroyer of worlds

Banned
    Last Online
    04-07-2024 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R-YP417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,768
    Given: 5,721

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    ChatGPT gave me:

Are Hungarians Turkish?

No, Hungarians are not Turkish. Hungarian people are of European origin and their language, Hungarian, is a Uralic language, which is not related to the Turkish language.

While Hungary is located in Central Europe, the ancestors of modern Hungarians migrated to the region from the Ural Mountains in Asia more than a thousand years ago. The ethnic and linguistic origins of the Hungarian people are complex and debated by scholars, but they are generally considered to be distinct from those of Turkish people.

It's important to note that while there have been historical interactions and influences between Hungary and Turkey, such as the Ottoman occupation of Hungary in the 16th and 17th centuries, the two groups have distinct ethnic and linguistic identities.
    Are Hungarians Turkic ?:

No, Hungarians are not Turkic. The Hungarian language belongs to the Uralic language family, which is distinct from the Turkic language family.

While there have been historical and cultural influences between the Hungarian and Turkic peoples, particularly during the period of the Hungarian migration to the Carpathian Basin in the 9th century, the two groups have distinct linguistic and genetic origins. The Hungarian people are believed to have originated from the Uralic region of northern Eurasia, while the Turkic peoples originated in Central Asia.

It's worth noting that there is a minority of people in Hungary who are of Turkic origin due to historical migration and intermarriage, but as a whole, Hungarians are not considered to be Turkic.

OMEN, PORTENT OR PRODIGY Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-19-2023 @ 09:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Yamnaya, Bell Beaker, IVC/Iran, Northern European, Gujarati, German, Italian, Balkan
    Ethnicity
    Leva/Lewa Patidar
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b (Israelite/Semitic), C1b (Gujarati), R1b (Western European)
    mtDNA
    W6 (Gotland/Sweden)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Default LARPing as a Türk

Quote Originally Posted by curveball View Post
    Their origins are not from Central Asia but from southern Asia in Punjab. A nation know for raiding with small horses into Europe and raping, what a great history. More than 1000 years of ethnic country, yet they live like in 80s Probably some Balkanic/Arabic shithole country would do much better than them
    MAGYARS ARE LINGUISTICALLY FINNO-UGRICS BUT ARE RACIALLY EUROPEAN AND WHITE: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...59#post7684859

EUROPEANS FORM A DISTINCT RACIAL AND GENETIC CLUSTER: https://imgflip.com/i/7ezlx2, https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post7685767

Yeah, if Viktor Orbán would stop LARPing as a Turk
    That Would Be Great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orban.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	119037

https://imgflip.com/i/7ghg0x
    I am become Death, destroyer of worlds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information