Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAGYARS ARE LINGUISTICALLY FINNO-UGRICS BUT ARE RACIALLY EUROPEAN AND WHITE

Banned
    Last Online
    05-12-2023 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Semite
    Country
    Palestine
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    How did you get this info? Hungarians located in the middle of european genetic table. I have never seen such hungarian genetic test which got more than 1% east asian.
    Sigh, please read this:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6151024/

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

Although the frequency of hg N3a4-B539 is subtle among present-day Hungarians, it is possible that ancient Magyars who lived in the Ural Mountain region had a significantly higher proportion of chrY hg N, since the Z1936 lineage was found from 5 individuals out of 19 (26,3%) in the archaeologically richest Hungarian late 9th-early 10th century cemeteries32. This frequency is quite similar to Z1936 > B539 frequencies found among various Khanty, Mansi and Bashkir groups

The homeland of ancient Hungarians around the Ural Mountain region, and the Hungarian affinities of Kushnarenkovo and Karayakupovo cultures is widely accepted among researchers

The case of N3a4-B539 and its sub-clades is different: presence of these clades in the Volga-Ural region, in West Siberia and in geographically distant Hungarians is not so easy to explain by gradual frequency cline and without assuming a migration of people (who might have been among the ancestors of the present-day Hungarians).

The split between of B540 and B545 subgroups within Baskhirian, Tatar and Hungarian populations started around 2700–2900 yBP (Fig. 2, Supplementary Table S2) that is in accordance with the recent linguistic data about the divergence of Ob-Ugric and Hungarian languages61. It has been proposed that the ‘Ugric Age’ lasted at least until the late Bronze Age in West Siberia and the split between Ob-Ugric and Hungarian from the common proto-Ugric branch of the Uralic language tree occurred during the first centuries of the first millennium BC9, but the recent linguistic reconstructions of the Uralic language tree give much broader borders for the divergence of Ugric clade (4900‒1700 yBP)61. The time-frame is the same for the cooling climate in West Siberia with its peak at the 9th and 8th CE which could have resulted in the movements of several West Siberian populations61,62.
    from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6534673/

Last Online
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,266
    Given: 9,852

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy1234 View Post
    This article also proves what i said, have you ever read that?

Contrary to that, a considerable amount of the chrY lineages of both West Siberian and European Uralic speakers belong to East Eurasian hg N (Fig. 1b, Additional file 6: Table S5). The only exceptions to this pattern among the Uralic speakers are Hungarians and Selkups. Among Hungarians, hg N is virtually absent
    Overall, and specifically at lower values of K, the genetic makeup of Uralic speakers resembles that of their geographic neighbours. Notably, Estonians and Hungarians, who are geographically the westernmost Uralic speakers, virtually lack the k9 cluster membership.
    We chose the modern Nganasans to serve as a proxy for the latter component because we see least evidence for Western Eurasian admixture (Additional file 3: Figure S3) among them. We also tested the Khantys for that proxy but the model did not fit (yielding f2-statistics, Z-score > 3). The only Uralic-speaking population that did not fit into the tested model with five ancestral components were Hungarians.
    One of the notable observations that stands out in the fineSTRUCTURE analysis is that neither Hungarians nor Estonians or Mordovians form genetic clusters with other Uralic speakers but instead do so with a broad spectrum of geographically adjacent samples.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,920
    Given: 7,438

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy1234 View Post
    All I see here is confirmation that Hungarians are genetically normal Central Europeans.

there is nothing in the present-day gene pool of the sampled Hungarians that we could tie specifically to other Uralic speakers

Aging Tom Cat Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,001
    Given: 10,550

0 Not allowed!

The Finno-Magyar War of 2023 rages on

Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Steppe
    Ethnicity
    west & central asian
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    r1a-z93
    Taxonomy
    Turanid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 137

0 Not allowed!

True. I see this a lot everywhere. We can not deny the Finno-Ugric origin of the Hungarian language and we know there's a relation between Hungarians and Ural-like people. But it's honestly blown out of proportion to the point where people say they are in the same cultural group as North/Central Asians? Hungarians are European, and their DNA says the same. Yes, a bit of East Eurasian is present but definitely not 10%. Some Turkish Turks don't even get that percentage (which I can start an entire similar prompt about too, but that's for another day). 10% East Eurasian is something you'd see in for example Iranics (could be way lower, could be way higher) or Caucasus peoples who don't have a significant Altai/Ural origin. Yes, some Hungarians CAN score that kind of percentage but it's honestly too rare. Same goes for Finnish people. White Europeans, both culturally and genetically. We also can't forget that even pure Ural/Altai people aren't even THAT East Eurasian. Seen a few score a good 40% West Eurasian. So a Hungarian scoring 10% EE is quite unrealistic.

But again, that doesn't mean they're fully 100% European. They have some very slight remnants of their very very ancient Uralic ancestors. Some Hungarians get the Central Asian R-Z2125 haplogroup (I apparently have that one too, and im West and Central Asian mixed). But it's not significant at all IMHO. If there's any legitimate sources that say otherwise I'd love to see them (and I've read the Z-2125 Arpad dynasty study before, no need to send me that one again)

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 07:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian Christian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian Christian
    Country
    Armenia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 35

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eastern View Post
    True. I see this a lot everywhere. We can not deny the Finno-Ugric origin of the Hungarian language and we know there's a relation between Hungarians and Ural-like people. But it's honestly blown out of proportion to the point where people say they are in the same cultural group as North/Central Asians? Hungarians are European, and their DNA says the same. Yes, a bit of East Eurasian is present but definitely not 10%. Some Turkish Turks don't even get that percentage (which I can start an entire similar prompt about too, but that's for another day). 10% East Eurasian is something you'd see in for example Iranics (could be way lower, could be way higher) or Caucasus peoples who don't have a significant Altai/Ural origin. Yes, some Hungarians CAN score that kind of percentage but it's honestly too rare. Same goes for Finnish people. White Europeans, both culturally and genetically. We also can't forget that even pure Ural/Altai people aren't even THAT East Eurasian. Seen a few score a good 40% West Eurasian. So a Hungarian scoring 10% EE is quite unrealistic.

But again, that doesn't mean they're fully 100% European. They have some very slight remnants of their very very ancient Uralic ancestors. Some Hungarians get the Central Asian R-Z2125 haplogroup (I apparently have that one too, and im West and Central Asian mixed). But it's not significant at all IMHO. If there's any legitimate sources that say otherwise I'd love to see them (and I've read the Z-2125 Arpad dynasty study before, no need to send me that one again)
    I truly believe that frozen pizza and ham radio hobby can be a powerful force in preserving and promoting endangered languages like the Finno-Ugric ones. By creating a community of speakers and enthusiasts who share our passion for these unique and valuable languages, we can help ensure that they are not lost to time. And while it may seem unconventional, I've found that frozen pizza is the perfect food to bring people together and foster a sense of community and connection. Of course, we all have different tastes, and for some, KFC might be their food of choice - but ultimately, it's our shared love of language and culture that brings us together.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Steppe
    Ethnicity
    west & central asian
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    r1a-z93
    Taxonomy
    Turanid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 137

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasag View Post
    I truly believe that frozen pizza and ham radio hobby can be a powerful force in preserving and promoting endangered languages like the Finno-Ugric ones. By creating a community of speakers and enthusiasts who share our passion for these unique and valuable languages, we can help ensure that they are not lost to time. And while it may seem unconventional, I've found that frozen pizza is the perfect food to bring people together and foster a sense of community and connection. Of course, we all have different tastes, and for some, KFC might be their food of choice - but ultimately, it's our shared love of language and culture that brings us together.
    right now i'm trying to figure out what chemicals you've taken that lead you to writing this.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-12-2023 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Semite
    Country
    Palestine
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    All I see here is confirmation that Hungarians are genetically normal Central Europeans.
    Hmm, my mistake. I guess I misread it for the Finns of Finland who are 10% Siberians on average genetically speaking. My bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information