British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,201
    Given: 43,734

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    Indonesia, that's more surprising i wouldn't label it as Western. I think those other groups are so low in numbers it's not that relevant. I mean how many Mexicans live in Netherlands really...those odd groups for the place are rather from very peculiar classes who ended up in a country for random reasons than regular more massive immigration. The only Mexican ive ever known in France for example was from a wealthy family who ended up there because they had a business deal with a local company. This kind probably ends up in the stats because they drove above the speed limit a few times and such...
    Well keep in mind that, even in the US, I remember Sebastianus Rex once posted a report saying that Hispanics were imprisoned at 'only' 1.3 times the rate of Whites, which sounds a lot, but not when considering how Blacks are imprisoned at five times the rate for Whites. What's more, in a number of states, most notably Florida, Hispanics were actually imprisoned at a lower rate than Whites, which was nowhere the case for Blacks.

EDIT: Here is the report https://www.sentencingproject.org/ap...te-Prisons.pdf

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,439
    Given: 5,714

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Well keep in mind that, even in the US, I remember Sebastianus Rex once posted a report saying that Hispanics were imprisoned at 'only' 1.3 times the rate of Whites, which sounds a lot, but not when considering how Blacks are imprisoned at five times the rate for Whites. What's more, in a number of states, most notably Florida, Hispanics were actually imprisoned at a lower rate than Whites, which was nowhere the case for Blacks.

EDIT: Here is the report https://www.sentencingproject.org/ap...te-Prisons.pdf
    It puts things a bit more in perspective if even in the US, Blacks are "only" at x5. Here Maghrebis and some other SSA countries are rather close to x10, to even x15 on some particular type of crimes. However knowing how loose the definition of "white" is in the US on administration papers, id be cautious with that. Aren't most MENA considered whites too?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It puts things a bit more in perspective if even in the US, Blacks are "only" at x5. Here Maghrebis and some other SSA countries are rather close to x10, to even x15 on some particular type of crimes. However knowing how loose the definition of "white" is in the US on administration papers, id be cautious with that. Aren't most MENA considered whites too?
    Yes, but (1) MENAs per capita aren't that numerous in the US and (2) paradoxically, Hispanic Whites are treated separately in statistics from non-Hispanic Whites. Anyway, I know that Blacks tend to have higher crime rates everywhere, but my main point was about Hispanics, since they are seen as a high crime group too. However, once you factor in the disparities of education, income and immigration status, you'd probably find that the difference between the White and Hispanic crime/incarceration rates is not that big at all.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Non-whites make up 18% of the overall population of England and Wales but 27% of the adult prison population. Specifically, Blacks make up 13% of the adult prison population, despite being merely 4% of the overall population. https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...in-the-UK-2023

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Ancestry
    Irish German Dutch
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 517
    Given: 1,528

0 Not allowed!

Non-whites make up 18% of the overall population of England and Wales but 27% of the adult prison population. Specifically, Blacks make up 13% of the adult prison population, despite being merely 4% of the overall population. https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?379959-The Criminal-justice-system-statistics-about-race-ethnicity-in-the-UK-2023
    They should make up 0% of the population. So why are any of them there to begin with?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Non-whites make up 18% of the overall population of England and Wales but 27% of the adult prison population. Specifically, Blacks make up 13% of the adult prison population, despite being merely 4% of the overall population. https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...in-the-UK-2023
    As we ve noticed, blacks are likely more integrated in UK than anywhere else in the world. That's still x3 factoring the population but in comparison of everywhere else with unbelievable disproportions in crimes, it's tame. Even from my experience in England, their level of assimilation and interaction in the population was extremely surprising. The only other country that i can see some similarity with was the Netherlands, still nowhere close to England.

Im wondering if the higher proportion of immigration from oversea colonial origin isn't acting as its own integration factory. It used to be the case a bit in France in the past i believe, but then quickly got overrun by more recent immigration.

Vk000

0 Not allowed!

I just had to ask for it i guess... Netherlands:

Everything sexual assault related, as well violent theft: Antilles is on top

Drug related

At the same socio-economic statuts

As usual, those stats are publicly available

https://opendata.cbs.nl/#/CBS/nl/dataset/81959NED/table

No Albanians ? But I see our population there isn't that large to begin with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albani...he_Netherlands

Around 20k - 60k is possible

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

As we ve noticed, blacks are likely more integrated in UK than anywhere else in the world. That's still x3 factoring the population but in comparison of everywhere else with unbelievable disproportions in crimes, it's tame. Even from my experience in England, their level of assimilation and interaction in the population was extremely surprising. The only other country that i can see some similarity with was the Netherlands, still nowhere close to England.

Im wondering if the higher proportion of immigration from oversea colonial origin isn't acting as its own integration factory. It used to be the case a bit in France in the past i believe, but then quickly got overrun by more recent immigration.
    Most Caribbean immigration ended in the 1960's, when the Immigration Acts in 1961 and 63 put an end to freedom of movement for Commonwealth citizens. Since then, most Black immigration has been from African countries, and the only mass migration from the Caribbean in recent years was in the late 90's when lots of people came here from Montserrat when its volcano erupted.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Most Caribbean immigration ended in the 1960's, when the Immigration Acts in 1961 and 63 put an end to freedom of movement for Commonwealth citizens. Since then, most Black immigration has been from African countries, and the only mass migration from the Caribbean in recent years was in the late 90's when lots of people came here from Montserrat when its volcano erupted.
    I don't remember the proportion of those in the overall population but it must be higher than in France (i don't think it's even 1/10, possibly much lower now)

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't remember the proportion of those in the overall population but it must be higher than in France (i don't think it's even 1/10, possibly much lower now)
    In fact, one of my French teachers at secondary school was from Martinique.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information