Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45,009
    Given: 45,085

0 Not allowed!

Default Personal bias

The recent thread(s) about Russians vs Balts vs Americans kinda made me wonder: are you biased against any nationalities or peoples?

I'd class it in two groups: European and non-European. I reckon the latter bias would be more widespread.

Which ethnicities/nationalities are you biased against?

I'll go:

Let me say first that I am a fairly tolerant individual who will give most people the benefit of the doubt. I also try to treat everyone with equal respect.

1. Non-Europeans:

I am intolerant of inner-city like black people, who have been in European countries for a few decades -- i.e. those of Jamaican/Caribbean descent. Black people raw from Africa seem to behave better. I think the reason for this is because they grew up in a more respectful/disciplined society. We in Europe have been pampering bad behaviour among Caribbean blacks for too long; they have become arrogant.

I'm very intolerant of Muslims from Pakistan and Uganda. The Ugandan Indians seem most ungrateful that the Brits took them in after they were kicked out of Africa. They're very arrogant and have not done anything positive since they've been here. Also Somalis and some North Africans (specifically the ones you would encounter in Paris).

I dislike Chinese cuisine and culture -- I find it to be dirty and backward.

2. Europeans:

I dislike the greasy-type Mediterranean who is loud and boisterous. Don't have much time for Hochdeutsch Germans either, based on my past experiences with them. They seem rude and lack a sense of humour. Difficult to build friendships with them. I'm mixed on the Irish. My general view of them is negative, although I have met some fine Irish individuals.

People I like most are Danes and Swedes, then English, French and Dutch.

Of the colonials I generally like Americans and Canadians, although you get many different types of Americans. Most Americans seem friendly, down-to-earth and approachable. I like that. Aussies are nice too, but you do get exceptions. Kiwis are absolutely lovely people. Can't say anything bad about them. As for my own kin, white South Africans, I tend to avoid them.

Here's to gross generalisations!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Cool

Loki, great idea!!

Which ethnicities/nationalities are you biased against?

I will say too, like Loki, I tend to be fairly tolerant and keep an open-mind. But, how true is this really?

1. Non-Europeans:

I don't particularly like blacks. Doesn't matter the background; just blacks. My attitude here in the US is simply this: We should have shipped them all back to Africa in 1866.
    I don't like Muslims. Perhaps I should say hate them. To me they are directly attacking and undermining our Western civilization. They are our present enemy.
    Along the same lines are South Americans. The invasion from the south into the US is killing us. Enough said.

2. Europeans:

I love Europeans. The inhabitants of the land of my Forefathers. To be a simple ass I would just say the further south you go, the less I identify. I do have a particular love for Scandinavians; especially Swedes and Finns (my blood).

Yes, Loki, here's to gross generalisations!

puttin' in yer windies Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2013 @ 04:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

0 Not allowed!

1. Non-Europeans:
    Blacks #1 because of affirmative action and how they still leech to this day, just read this:

White firefighter's who scored higher and performed better were victims of affirmative action, the blacks who scored less, performed less ended up getting the vacancy for command promotion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,711948.story

Hell, granted I'm also biased against South American's that come into the U.S., but at least they don't pull this shit on a regular basis, then again, these spics are the ones who brought MS-13 into the U.S. so go figure, they don't need it because they get enough dough by raping, murdering, and selling drugs.

2. Europeans:

I'd have to say I'm a bit biased against Polish people #1 because the Polish American's I've encountered have been extremely lazy potheads, and #2 my uncle is in a similar situation over in Co. Antrim, says the Poles over there are lazy asses.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-17-2009 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain (Some by way of Ulster) & Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Osteuropid-NorthAlpinid
    Politics
    Ultra-Conservative/anti-Obama
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

If they are non-Northwestern European & have a sizable community in America, I don't like them. I tried the "tolerant" thing when I was younger. Other kinds of people don't practice it. I have nothing against Tibetans, I'm not aware of a Tibetan-American community. I have nothing against Turks or Albanians personally but I've never actually had anything to do with a member of either ethnicity. I am biased against Negroes, Hispanics, Jews, Asians (including Indians & Pakistanis) & Middle Easterners. And the Guido type Sicilians & Southern Italians. Muslims. Feminists & people with lefty political beliefs. And I'm not too fond of the Irish.

puttin' in yer windies Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2013 @ 04:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    And I'm not too fond of the Irish.
    oy'll av ye a pint er n oy'll feck yur mothur lol j/k

and in the dialect of my up bringin:

a'll hav ya a pint thar n a'll shred yur ma's pork lol
    Last edited by Barreldriver; 04-15-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

Stupidity. Which often pits me against myself.

That's probably off topic so let's just say I do not like most non-Europeans.

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

0 Not allowed!

Great question, which I simply must answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Which ethnicities/nationalities are you biased against?:
    1. Non-Europeans:
    I despise most black people.I find them self-obsessed and hypocritical.I hate their culture, I hate their arrogance and I despise their endless penchant for whining and profiling whites as the root of all evil. I dislike the Islamic presence here, I perceive most Muslims to be anti-American.I don't like their medieval outlook and their rabid fanaticism.I hate spics.I HATE SPICS. I don't like them, I wish we could ship them all back, frankly.They are social parasites and they seem to hate those of us who already live here and are frantic on displacing us.They are rude, they openly overindulge their children (their money makers) and most of their young run about in gangs.The Jews I met in college were extremely pompous and standoffish.
    I have no problems with American Indians as such, but the niggerfied activists make me sick.Oh, I don't think Gypsies are worth the air they breathe.

2. Europeans:

I strongly despise the Spaniards.The ones I've met, from Spain, struck me as having a very medieval concept of life.They were pushy, loud and obnoxious people.I have nothing to do with them.Certain Sicilians and Calabrians also struck me as having a large dose of conceit with very little reason for it.The only people in France I dislike are the Parisians.Those I've met here seemed to have had an absent sense of hygiene and a Spanish arrogance I detest.
    The other French people I love as I do my own family.From Calais to Marseilles,from Nancy to Bordeaux, the French of France and of North America are awesome people.I love the British as well and strongly identify with them.I really like the Dutch, love the Germans and Swiss, deeply respect and like the Belgians and Scandinavians.I like the Polish and respect the Russians and Yugoslavs.Those are the folks of note I'd like to give a shout out to!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

1. Non-Europeans

I don't dislike anyone in their natural habitat, I dislike them if they come to Europe and try to drain it while at the same time they are ungrateful for the hospitality. Of all groups, I tend to dislike Muslims more (regardless of ethnicity), because they try to push their backward mentality whereas at the same time they show ultimate disrespect for the countries that host them.

2. Europeans

I am generally more fond of western Europeans than the eastern ones, and of northern europeans than southern ones (quite a paradox there, uh ).

Why? Because they're more hardworking, effective, polite, civilized, clean and orderly.

Having said that, I don't actually dislike other groups but I don't look up to them either.
    Perhaps the reason why I am not too fond of Russians, Slavs in general as well as Balkanians in general, is because they remind me of our own lousy predicament -there, I said it

That been said, if I want to see garbage on the streets, find myself in a country where nothing works and where bureaucracy and corruption reigns, be pushed by people at queues and be treated in a rude and arrogant manner, then there's no reason to leave my own country, if you know what I mean

Lady Josephine Sheba of Lancaster Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-20-2016 @ 11:38 PM
    South Coast NSW - My anti gun toting Utopian paradise!
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    AngloAustralian
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Scotland, England, Malta & Prussia - from last 200 years
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Keltic/Nordid & Bruenn
    Politics
    Libertarian, with centrist views
    Religion
    Heathen/Shaman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

1). Non-Europeans:

Pretty much anybody from the Muslim nations. They're the rudest, obnoxious and most ungrateful lot I've ever dealt with. Also pushy with their beliefs and are the first to cry discrimination!

Polynesians - bunch of homies who roam in packs, they tend to be obnoxious and arrogant. The paradox with this is I met some good ones over in New Zealand.

My views on Asians are mixed. Some of them are quite sneaky and calculating, while I've met others who are reserved but friendly. Indians I'm also wary of.

2. Europeans:

I tend to find both the Germans and Dutch to be rather serious, but they also take some time in getting to know. Once you do, they can be very raucous in humour and they make loyal friends.

Serbs and Croats - they just have no idea how to put their tribal differences behind them when they move to a new country.

I've had horrendous experiences with American and Canadian tourists here. They're loud and demanding, expecting the best of everything. Please bear in mind I mention tourists in this instance. And don't get me started about whinging Poms!

3. Who you like:

The Scottish and Irish, hands down! I don't mind the English for the most part, Kiwis I'm fine with and I have no issue with the full-blooded Aborigines and Maoris. South Africans I'm fine with, and I'm also fine with Italians and Maltese. Greeks to some extent. Scandinavians fascinate me!

On the whole, I take people as I find them.

Just Myself Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 02:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    igneous
    Ancestry
    Lewisian gneiss
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Pebble
    Politics
    it's MY rock
    Religion
    Heathen
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

This may take a while;

Loath
    Muslims
    Men; Especially Muslim taxi drivers, who assume that if you are a single getting a taxi home at 11(from work)you will give them your number. Muslim women that I have spoken too have generally been ok, however I would still not want them here as they come hand in hand with THE problem. Especially bothered by the Pakistani variety who are second generation and STILL cannot speak English, that is just pure rudeness.

Albania, Libya, Jordan.
    These get a special mention because I have had personal trouble with the immigrant men from these countries, following you home, constantly asking if your married, etc etc.

Dislike

Polish
    Lazy immigrants who refuse to learn the language, we have whole streets with polish signs and even a bank that has a polish section (lloyds tsb)

Most southern Europeans, too noisy rude and generally lazy.

Scots, ignorant Scots who blame all their troubles on the English
    Irish, see above
    Blacks, see above (English = white)

Not terribly fussed; "white" members of these ethnicities only.
    Germans, have a habit of being stand offs
    Canadians, all seem fine
    Americans, some are incredibly arrogant and I wish to kill them
    South Africa, Same as America (except with a sexy accent!)
    Zimbabwe, Same as America

Anybody not mentioned is in the Don't care either way group

Like,
    Scots, the rest not mentioned above, shared culture and history.
    Irish, dito

Scandinavian countries and Finland. Particularly like, most of my friends are from this area, the humour and culture fits.

New Zealand,
    pretty much exactly the same as the Scots and English, but a little more layed back.

these are people I like in their own lands

Hindu Indians/Nepalese, have always been friendly and polite when I have encountered them and the ones I have worked with have also been fine, I think that their culture also fits well with ours.

Chinese, Again polite sometimes overly so, hard-working maybe a little insular but fine as they are.

Russians
    , Have very little contact, but what I have had is all positive.

Japanese, Participially like how organised they are, don't think I would wish to live like that though.

After typing this I found exceptions to almost every point!
    Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    the self must also die;
    but glory never dies,
    For the one who is able to achieve it.

Sayings of the High One.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information