Thread: French results + my family (Trait_Predictor_v8_2_AndreiDNA)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,291
    Given: 1,187

2 Not allowed!

Default French results + my family (Trait_Predictor_v8_2_AndreiDNA)

Trait_Predictor_v8_2_AndreiDNA

North to Central to Southern French (ethnic)

My family results (not fully french). Mother is half sardinian and half northern french, my father is a pur french from the North.
    Father > 23andme
    Mother > 23andme
    Sister > 23andme
    Brother ("son1)" > Nebula
    Myself ("Son2") > Nebula

Family results (parents + my brother and my sister) with their real eyes color:

My results with real eyes color:

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,489
    Given: 12,945

1 Not allowed!

Hi very cool I have these results too. Mine weren't bad at all, although my families skin tone predictions were a bit weird and off.

It's a nice tool though. It predicted me to have green eyes when I would have blue with amber center according to the photos.

The phenotype prediction for me was almost completely wrong though. It predicted me to be a mix of East Europid and Borreby with a wide face and button nose lol if you've seen a photo of me you'd laugh at that. But hopefully the accuracy improves. I mean I'll be honest I would not expect a tool to 100% accurately predict looks by DNA lol. But it was in the right ballpark for the most part.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,291
    Given: 1,187

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Hi very cool I have these results too. Mine weren't bad at all, although my families skin tone predictions were a bit weird and off.

It's a nice tool though. It predicted me to have green eyes when I would have blue with amber center according to the photos.

The phenotype prediction for me was almost completely wrong though. It predicted me to be a mix of East Europid and Borreby with a wide face and button nose lol if you've seen a photo of me you'd laugh at that. But hopefully the accuracy improves. I mean I'll be honest I would not expect a tool to 100% accurately predict looks by DNA lol. But it was in the right ballpark for the most part.
    If you look at the bar of probable eye, hair and skin colors: it's a range of probable colors based on your genetic variations. It's not a crystal ball, but if you look at my brother's results: his actual eye color match the small light-medium brown part (end) of the likely color range based on his variations genetics.

Certainly, as a percentage, he is less likely to have brown eyes (8%), but he still has a probability and in his case it is very realistic.
    That's the thing about eye color prediction: it's a probability range of eye color that you might or might not have.

My brother could just as easily have been a lighter color, statistically it was more likely, but he has expressing the darker part.

Also, some categories should be renamed ("olive or Mediterranean skin color" seems to correspond to a beige rather than olive color, IMO).

Additionally, the fewer SNPs you have in your file, the less accurate the prediction.
    The more SNPs, the more accurate the prediction.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,489
    Given: 12,945

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashball View Post
    If you look at the bar of probable eye, hair and skin colors: it's a range of probable colors based on your genetic variations. It's not a crystal ball, but if you look at my brother's results: his actual eye color match the small light-medium brown part (end) of the likely color range based on his variations genetics.

Certainly, as a percentage, he is less likely to have brown eyes (8%), but he still has a probability and in his case it is very realistic.
    That's the thing about eye color prediction: it's a probability range of eye color that you might or might not have.

My brother could just as easily have been a lighter color, statistically it was more likely, but he has expressing the darker part.

Also, some categories should be renamed ("olive or Mediterranean skin color" seems to correspond to a beige rather than olive color, IMO).

Additionally, the fewer SNPs you have in your file, the less accurate the prediction.
    The more SNPs, the more accurate the prediction.
    Yep that is all true as well though, looking at the bar is important.

I'm wondering about the categories too a bit.

But yes if it doesn't take into account all the relevant SNP's it might be off.

I have to be honest though the phenotype prediction for myself made me laugh lol. But no hate towards the tool
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Thread Information