• Serbia

36 64.29%
  • Slovenia

11 19.64%
  • Turkey

8 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: which countries you consider most and least "Balkan" discussion thread.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,617
    Given: 4,629

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    ---
    Siniša Vuco the best Split has is typical Balkanite and Dalmatian, at least every second Dalmatian is like him by behavior https://youtu.be/mEnp7YK4ZbI?t=48

Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,144
    Given: 7,423

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Siniša Vuco the best Split has is typical Balkanite and Dalmatian, at least every second Dalmatian is like him by behavior https://youtu.be/mEnp7YK4ZbI?t=48

Hah I know this show, it's generally good show not even with Vuco. But the ever best thing on Cro TV is Nocna Mora of Zeljko Malnar, surely it's totally different but it's what came to my mind, Vuco also was there at Nocna Mora once.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,617
    Given: 4,629

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    Hah I know this show, it's generally good show not even with Vuco. But the ever best thing on Cro TV is Nocna Mora of Zeljko Malnar, surely it's totally different but it's what came to my mind, Vuco also was there at Nocna Mora once.
    Vuco by origin is Vlaj from Zagora as most of the present day Splitians. In the last 100 years especially after 1945. Vlaji settled to Split and replaced natives who were chakavian speakers. They brought their own culture and 'geni kameni' narrative. Because of that settlers Split is in the last several decades quite pro-ustashian, and in 1920s and 1930s was most pro-Yugoslavian city.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-04-2023 @ 01:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    The autism continues with that fake Balkan mental masturbation. I have already proved that the Balkan Peninsula DOES NOT EXIST as a geographical region and much less as a ethno-cultural entity for obvious reasons. It was all invented by a stupid kraut in the early 19th century, a completely made up geo-political concept to encompass the Ottoman territories in Europe.
    Can you show us what you proved ? The Balkans was a mixed territory even before the Ottoman Empire and encompasses a common Balkan Sprachbund that predates the Ottoman conquest:

The Balkan sprachbund or Balkan language area is an ensemble of areal features—similarities in grammar, syntax, vocabulary and phonology—among the languages of the Balkans. Several features are found across these languages though not all apply to every single language. The Balkan sprachbund is a prominent example of the sprachbund concept.
    The most commonly accepted theory, advanced by Polish scholar Zbigniew Gołąb, is that the innovations came from different sources and the languages influenced each other: some features can be traced from Latin, Slavic, or Greek languages, whereas others, particularly features that are shared only by Romanian, Albanian, Macedonian and Bulgarian, could be explained by the substratum kept after Romanization (in the case of Romanian) or Slavicization (in the case of Bulgarian). Albanian was influenced by both Latin and Slavic, but it kept many of its original characteristics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan...urther_reading

Some of the commonalities also includes Serbo-Croat, Greek and Romani.

My advice to you would be to not talk too much about topics you do not understand. Stick to talking about Iberia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    Feichi, there wasn't any free movement back then. Albanians had local rulers always and little contact with the outsiders. We always have been a closed society. If any slavs influenced us is the Russians between 1950-1960. Plenty Albanians were educated there and they stayed in power until the 90s. I've said it before, our knowledge of our neighbors is just as good as the Africans. We know nothing about either of them. Even gypsies we know better through their music.
    What is today Albania was massively settled by Slavs such as Bulgarians and Serbs. And it was also ruled by Slavs, Byzantine and Albanians. In Albania you will also find good chunk of Slavic toponyms and registers show Albania had a Slavic population even in the 15th century following Ottoman occupation. There were more Slavic names in some parts of Tropoje in Northern Albania than in the Has region of Kosovo from 1452 which had more Albanian names, if not majority Albanian in fact. Tropoje and Northern Albania is also an area that was invaded by Serbs during the medieval period so not surprising.

And the medieval Albanian population wasn't only concentrated in modern Albania but also in Kosovo, Montenegro and Macedonia which were ruled by foreign empires too such as the Serbs and Bulgarians but also contained an Albanian population that lived alongside Vlachs and Slavs.

The Nish area had a medieval Albanian population too where you can still find Albanian toponyms today such as these and which were recorded around the 14th-15th century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbana%C5%A1ka_River (Arbanashka River)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbana%C5%A1ko_Hill (Arbanashka hill)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbana%C5%A1ka_Mountain (Arbanashka mountain)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbana...ka_(Prokuplje) (Arbanas)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%90ake (Gjaka / Xhaka surname of Kosovo Albanian footballer )
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastrat_(Kur%C5%A1umlija) (Kastrat)

(Especially Western part) Kosovo, Macedonia and Northern Albania even before the Ottoman period were more or less part of the same realm and had an Albanian population. And an Albanian under the Serb or Bulgarian empire could move within the Empire. Albanians in these territories, especially Kosovo and Macedonia, also bore Slavic names or mixture of Slavic and Albanian names.

Battle of Kosovo 1389 was an alliance of different Balkan nationalities and among Kosovo Albanians there are poems about the battle of 1389, in which Milos Kopiliq is an Albanian knight. Lords of Albania took part in the Battle too such as the Muzaka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodor...%20of%20Serbia.

Teodor II Muzaka was member of the Muzaka family, Albanian nobles who ruled the Principality of Muzaka.[2] He died fighting during the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 on the side of the anti-Ottoman coalition led by Lazar of Serbia.[3][4]

Doesn't exactly support your idea of all Albanians as a closed society. Your argument would only apply to Albanians who lived more remote in the mountains but this would only apply to some of your arguments such as that Albanians in these areas were self-ruled at one point but not general external influence.

Registers from 1485 show also Kuqi tribe and Piperi tribe in Montenegro used to be Albanian. Western Macedonia was ruled by Albanians too such as Gropa family and Macedonia had a native Albanian population.

It baffles me how someone can claim Albanians have been a closed society when all the evidence goes against such claims. Not only does the evidence go against such claims but the evidence suggests these areas of the Balkans weren't homogenous ethnic territories but were a mixture of Slavs, Vlachs and Albanians.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Closed off society my a**

It is incredible how delusional people are and the way they project modern nationalist conflicts onto medieval people.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,665
    Given: 5,623

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Can you show us what you proved ? The Balkans was a mixed territory even before the Ottoman Empire and encompasses a common Balkan Sprachbund that predates the Ottoman conquest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan...urther_reading

Some of the commonalities also includes Serbo-Croat, Greek and Romani.

My advice to you would be to not talk too much about topics you do not understand. Stick to talking about Iberia.
    1. Go back and read my first post on this thread about the etymology of the word etc. The so called Balkan Peninsula does not exist geographically, the only two identifiable peninsulas in the region are the Greek peninsula and the Peloponnese and that was common knowledge until a German invented the fake concept of Balkan in the the 19th century.

And what being "mixed" has to do with it? A region/landmass doesn't suddenly becomes a Peninsula for being "mixed"...wtf are you talking about?

But that's exactly the point of my argument, the Balkan is the only Peninsula that I know of that became one for being mixed (in the perspective of the creator because of the Ottoman possessions in the region) rather than for being a de facto Peninsula in the geological and geographic sense.

2. "Sprachbund"...here you are quoting again a meatpacked modern definition. Apart from being of Indo-European origin (as almost all European languages) what unifies languages from completely different branches? Romania ( a latin language), Greek, Bulgarian and other Slavic languages ? Are they closely related or intelligible to a even modest degree? Obviously not, they don't even use the same alphabet.

So thanks again for proving my point, there is no Balkan sprachbund when a me, as a Portuguese living in the other side of Europe, can communicate better with a Romanian than any of their "Balkan sprachbunder bothers".

3. And my advice to you is to start thinking for yourself... unfortunately many people aren't capable of it.
    Last edited by Sebastianus Rex; 05-03-2023 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Closed off society my a**

It is incredible how delusional people are and the way they project modern nationalist conflicts onto medieval people.
    So Muzaka fighting in that war is your argument lol We always exported talent, how do you think we got all those emperors in every empire. But we didn't have any foreign rulers in our land. Don't be jelly.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You're all mentally retarded. And I don't think I should waste my time arguing with retards.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,949
    Given: 45,022

0 Not allowed!

You're all mentally retarded. And I don't think I should waste my time arguing with retards.
    Goodbye then.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread Information