Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,302
    Given: 59,062

2 Not allowed!

Default Embracing the Roma Identity: The Importance of acknowledging our roots

https://www.wrf-gov.org/post/embraci...ting-our-roots

The Negative Consequences of Hiding One's Identity​

Loss of Cultural Heritage​
    When Roma individuals hide their identity, they risk losing essential aspects of their cultural heritage. Elements like language, customs, and traditions may be forgotten over time, creating a cultural gap within families and communities.

Psychological Burden and Sense of Shame​
    Concealing one's identity comes with emotional consequences. Constantly hiding who they are can lead to feelings of shame, guilt, or even self-hatred.

Hindrance to Community Building and Activism​
    Without openly embracing their ethnicity, Roma people cannot effectively advocate for their rights or create strong networks within their communities.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Outside of TA do people see you as Gypsy? You don't look stereotypical Gypsy tbh. Maybe If you lose a couple of pounds your face will look more slim and perhaps your Balkan features will appear "more" shifted.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Outside of TA do people see you as Gypsy? You don't look stereotypical Gypsy tbh. Maybe If you lose a couple of pounds your face will look more slim and perhaps your Balkan features will appear "more"
    That is a unimportant question in the context, because you say i should "hide" it (if i could or you ask me if i could) and im saying no one should hide it and why this is important to not hide it

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    That is a unimportant question in the context, because you say i should "hide" it (if i could or you ask me if i could) and im saying no one should hide it and why this is important to not hide it
    But you already distance yourself from your gypsy-ness you are already very euro admixed anyway so who cares If you Identify differently.

Why you have to pleased racist folks on this forum when south asian isn't clearly the majority of your ancestry.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    But you already distance yourself from your gypsy-ness you are already very euro admixed anyway so who cares If you Identify differently.

Why you have to please racist folks on this forum when south asian isn't clearly the majority of your ancestry.
    Southasian isnt the majority for any gypsy, but people keep saying that, and i keep saying something else, im 2/3 gypsy i have 2 gypsy grandparents 1 half gypsy grandparent and only 1 euro grandparent (grandmother).... so how it is not the majority of my ancestry? Just because of 23andme? When i was born 23andme didnt exist to tell me it is not my majority ancestry, and even by 23andme i fit into this spectrum of the average gypsy, and i cluster the closest to gypsies on PCA.. Im 15% southasian the full gypsy is 20% southasian im more euro though, of course, but it isnt like if you want to portray that im only 1/8 southasian=gypsy, i have 3 grandparents who are gypsies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y+grandparents

I cluster with the medieval sample (many modern gypsies would cluster even closer to me because many nowadays are more euro then back then like i am so im a normal gypsy)

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

There are many vile ethnics in the west, like kurds, gypsies, albanians, reckless and demanding people. I am wondering what is happening with them it is like being spoiled by the political correctness. It is farfetch to pity them as weaks if one fails to see their situations are mostly self-induced and a form of their entitlement. It is also why they can and will always become a western stooge when they are empowered. This category also might include the turks and indians, incredibly ambitious yet backward in their traditions. Russia and China had been the biggest targets of these assorted diversities of vile ethnicities. The USA will also very soon fall victim to these spoiled evils. Retaining what heritage? no homeland from the start, at least the jews acknowledge they are the compulsive rapists and religious communists, gypsies do not admit to any strong ethnic token or idiom, except for street dances. This sounds like a petition for more well fare and attention. Such trend in the west must be taken seriously as a form of new ideological movements, including affirmativity for blacks, asians, immigrants, transgenders, in the end, western affirmativities will turn out many vile people and weird ethnics that will bring great havoc to the entire world. A walking pandemic disease in human form.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    There are many vile ethnics in the west, like kurds, gypsies, albanians, reckless and demanding people. I am wondering what is happening with them it is like being spoiled by the political correctness. It is farfetch to pity them as weaks if one fails to see their situations are mostly self-induced and a form of their entitlement. It is also why they can and will always become a western stooge when they are empowered. This category also might include the turks and indians, incredibly ambitious yet backward in their traditions. Russia and China had been the biggest targets of these assorted diversities of vile ethnicities. The USA will also very soon fall victim to these spoiled evils. Retaining what heritage? no homeland from the start, at least the jews acknowledge they are the compulsive rapists and religious communists, gypsies do not admit to any strong ethnic token or idiom, except for street dances. This sounds like a petition for more well fare and attention. Such trend in the west must be taken seriously as a form of new ideological movements, including affirmativity for blacks, asians, immigrants, transgenders, in the end, western affirmativities will turn out many vile people and weird ethnics that will bring great havoc to the entire world. A walking pandemic disease in human form.
    I do not think my OP is "demanding" at all, it is not even adressed towards the majority, but self-adressed towards the roma community, to acknowledge their roots. I could also say Chinese are vile, if i wanted, but i do not want it. Calling them vile and disease is a hateful speech. The Gypsies were victims of persecution, marginalisation, disfrenchised, and there was more then one genocide in history towards them. What do you say they should be killed or what? I mean that would be the conclusion if they are vile and bad disease for the "west" or "china"?

Last Online
    09-19-2023 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic American
    Ethnicity
    Caribeño
    Ancestry
    Santo Cerro, Pueblo Viejo, Ciudad de la Vega, Coamo, zona Colonia, Distrito Nacional, chacuey Medio
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-Z627 (Tartessos/ East medditernean)
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Hero
    gregorio luperon, Maximo Gomez Baez, Rodrigo Duterte, Jose Guzman Baron de Atalaya
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 10

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Southasian isnt the majority for any gypsy, but people keep saying that, and i keep saying something else, im 2/3 gypsy i have 2 gypsy grandparents 1 half gypsy grandparent and only 1 euro grandparent (grandmother).... so how it is not the majority of my ancestry? Just because of 23andme? When i was born 23andme didnt exist to tell me it is not my majority ancestry, and even by 23andme i fit into this spectrum of the average gypsy, and i cluster the closest to gypsies on PCA.. Im 15% southasian the full gypsy is 20% southasian im more euro though, of course, but it isnt like if you want to portray that im only 1/8 southasian=gypsy, i have 3 grandparents who are gypsies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y+grandparents

I cluster with the medieval sample (many modern gypsies would cluster even closer to me because many nowadays are more euro then back then like i am so im a normal gypsy)

You're not even 20 percent South asian. And your 71 percent European. I thought you were more South asian. But I get that you consider yourself Roma because it's cultural heritage, and it's how 2 of your grandparents' ancestors grew up as and passed down to you. And one of em I believe is half if I remember. But you shouldn't downplay that you're serbian. You are both.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HannibaltheGreat View Post
    You're not even 20 percent South asian. And your 71 percent European. I thought you were more South asian. But I get that you consider yourself Roma because it's cultural heritage, and it's how 3 of your grandparents' ancestors grew up as and passed down to you.
    It is a cultural heritage, a identity, and a ethnic heritage (shared ancestry). I do not need to be more southasian, its just not true that gypsy means "100% southasian". Also some decades ago when I was born, no one knew about 23andme and it didnt existed to tell me how much european i am. That is just a very recent thing and maybe not even really "correct" who knows? I do not need 23andme to tell me im a gypsy, but it does confirm it anyways.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HannibaltheGreat View Post
    But you shouldn't downplay that you're serbian. You are both.
    I dont downplay it, but it is the smaller part of my ancestry, I believe im 33% serbian. If one of my grandparents was half and 1 was serbian. Then I am 33% that is the smaller part. I did listed all my ancestries under my ancestry info in my profile.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information