I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post

Ok, whatever. I have better things to do than debate with you (it is Saturday after all). Go on. Continue repeating your old record. I'm sure most of the members will see that boring (more than anything else).
    You're so unintelligent (the typical blonde hen who thinks like a goose) that you don't understand that I only answered the 3D question. Don't like the title? Ok, don't waste your time posting.
    The history of the Vikings (the REAL history) does not attract my interest at all for one simple reason : It is "POOR" and BORING.

All the epic of the Vikings and what they have done historically can be written in a booklet of 50 pages and nothing more. ( i take one hour to read it again )
    Everything else, despite the efforts of the Viking fanatics of North America (the myth of the Vikings was born there) is simple fantasy.

Like 99% of TV Viking works. There is nothing historical... ( nothing at all)... and so with the imagination they can add and remove what they like.

There are probably more historical documents about Vikings and Scandinavian men in the Vatican archives which date back to Egyptian and Babylonian times.

Virtually all knowledge of European and Mediterranean history is held in the Vatican archives.

The most important Viking museum in the world in Denmark - compared to Italian museums- would not even have the title to be considered a museum .. but a simple exhibition ..

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post

It gives you an idea of how the Norseman plunders the civilised European races in order to survive, exactly like a rabid animal would do.
    Not all norsemen were pirates..

Vikings= pirates....

My region ( Veneto ) and town ( Vicenza ) have a special relation with Norway that dates back to 1500 A.D...

Norway's stockfish is the most important traditional dish of my region ( Veneto ) and particularly of my town ( Vicenza ).

What it is funny is the fact that the 50% territory of my town is like this: and the tradition dish of my land is a stockfish from Norway..

Querini "trip" ( A Venetian sailor XV century )

The history of baccalŕ dates back to April 25, 1431 when a Venetian ship, full of spices, departed from the island of Crete under the command of the sea captain Piero Querini headed for the North Sea. When it reached the English Channel, the route was disrupted by a violent storm which, after breaking the mast, dragged the ship on for days towards the north. Looking for safety aboard the lifeboats, the surviving sailors landed on the uninhabited rock of Sandoy, in the Lofoten Islands in northern Norway. After a few days the local fishermen spotted them and brought them to safety on the island of Roest, which later the Venetian sailors called an earthly paradise (so much so that some of the sailors decided to stay there for ever) because of the great freedom and simplicity of the customs and habits of the inhabitants.

Several months after the shipwreck, coming back from the hospitable Lofoten Islands, Captain Querini brought back 60 dried stockfish, telling the Venetians how the Norwegians dried the fish in the wind until it became as hard as a wooden stick and then they beat it and spiced it turning it into a soft and tasty mix.

Stockfish = baccalŕ... and Norway's stockfish is the traditional dish of my region ( Veneto ) and city ( Vicenza )
    Last edited by renaissance12; 05-08-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasag View Post
    Armenians have even more Viking ancestry and it's actually quite obvious when you look at the facts. Let's consider the geography. Armenia is located at a crossroads between Europe and Asia, making it an ideal location for cultural exchange and migration. It's no surprise that the Vikings, who were known for their extensive trading and raiding networks, would have made contact with the Armenians at some point.

There is historical evidence to support this. The Vikings, who were skilled navigators and sailors, traveled extensively along the river systems of Eastern Europe and the Middle East, which would have brought them into contact with the Armenians. But the connection goes beyond just historical proximity. Genetic studies have shown that there is a significant overlap between Armenian and Viking DNA, indicating that there was indeed intermarriage and genetic exchange between the two groups. And it's not just genetics that connect Armenians to Vikings. There are also cultural similarities that suggest a shared heritage. Both groups were known for their warrior cultures, their love of adventure and exploration, and their appreciation for fine craftsmanship and artistry.

Furthermore, the Armenians have their own version of the horned helmet, which is a symbol commonly associated with Vikings. This suggests a shared aesthetic and perhaps even a shared mythological tradition. it's clear that Armenians should be considered real Vikings. The evidence is there, both genetically and culturally. It's time for the world to recognize and celebrate this connection, and to give Armenians the respect and admiration they deserve as heirs to the Viking legacy.
    Does it show up in Armenian autosomal DNA?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information