Thread: Archaeologists Seeking Cleopatra's Tomb Uncovered a "Geometric Miracle" Tunnel

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

0 Not allowed!

Default Archaeologists Seeking Cleopatra's Tomb Uncovered a "Geometric Miracle" Tunnel

Archaeologists Seeking Cleopatra's Tomb Uncovered a "Geometric Miracle" Tunnel

07 May 2023

Underneath a temple in the ancient ruined city of Taposiris Magna on the Egyptian coast, archaeologists discovered a vast, spectacular tunnel in 2022, a tunnel that experts called a "geometric miracle".

During ongoing excavations and exploration of the temple, Kathleen Martinez of the University of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic and colleagues uncovered the structure 13 meters (43 feet) below the ground. The 2-meter tall tunnel had been hewn through an incredible 1,305 meters (4,281 feet) of sandstone.

https://www.sciencealert.com/archaeo...miracle-tunnel
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Last Online
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

1 Not allowed!

Why is it a "miracle" ?

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,627
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Why is it a "miracle" ?
    I ask myself the same question.

The semi-gable vault is a simple way to prevent roof collapses where the sandstone is more brittle, I wouldn´t see in this a "geometric miracle". Perhaps the ground does not have the typical unevenness of Roman underground water pipes and is completely smooth for 1,300 meters, that would be quite curious, although a "miracle".

The length itself is not a miracle, I don't know if they were preserved complete, but the Roman pipes for drinking water to cities used to be buried in galleries much longer than that, (only in certain and specific areas were the monumental aqueducts used that we are used to associate with the term "Roman aqueduct".

Where does that tunnel lead? What was connected by it? What function did it have?

We are already accustomed to that type of news headline that seeks to attract the interest of the reader, in topics related to archeology.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I ask myself the same question.

The semi-gable vault is a simple way to prevent roof collapses where the sandstone is more brittle, I wouldn´t see in this a "geometric miracle". Perhaps the ground does not have the typical unevenness of Roman underground water pipes and is completely smooth for 1,300 meters, that would be quite curious, although a "miracle".

The length itself is not a miracle, I don't know if they were preserved complete, but the Roman pipes for drinking water to cities used to be buried in galleries much longer than that, (only in certain and specific areas were the monumental aqueducts used that we are used to associate with the term "Roman aqueduct".

Where does that tunnel lead? What was connected by it? What function did it have?

We are already accustomed to that type of news headline that seeks to attract the interest of the reader, in topics related to archeology.
    This is a miracle..( The pyramids are big.. very big.. but not a miracle of engineering )

Last edited by renaissance12; 05-13-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Thread Information