Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Arabs/Moors influence Spain in a positive way? Why Mongols couldn't do the same in Russia?

Yo para ser feliz quiero un menhir. B01AB20's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-03-2023 @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,586
    Given: 3,544

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Don't forget Etruscans please.. Etruscans had nothing to do with Greece..
    Roman alphabet is a copy of etruscan alphanet which in turn is a copy of... guess what alphabet. And surely etruscans learn from greeks even how to wipe their asses.

Your gigantic chauvinism is simply that, a gigantic chauvinism. But quite more justified than others, that's true.

But don't forget than without greeks in southern Italy Romans would have been another tribe with no future.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I remember him arguing that Moroccans living in the coasts were paler than Southern Europeans because... reasons...

It's also ironic that he'd argue Moroccans of today were exactly like the same people during the Moorish era but then posted Ruffians who have far less SSA ancestry than the average Moroccan and look distinctly different to their neighbors. I wonder if anyone brought to his attention the Guanche of the Canary Islanders - who are related to western North Africans - had far less SSA than modern Miroccans.

The only good Sean ever did on this forum was link to Nassbean's rapey post.

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with North Africans if they assimilate but their religion doesn't allow it. If Arabs hadn't conquered and assimilated them they'd be similar to Europeans. No one complains about Coptic Christians, Lebsnese Christians, etc. Palestinian Christian's are one of the most educated populations.

My little rant before I eat.
    Yeah, let's not forget that North Africa was Christian before it became Islamic, and a very important part for the development of Christianity in its first centuries at that. St. Augustine, the most important church father in the Catholic church was a Berber. Whatever influences the Islamic NA may have had on the West, they probably don't have much on the NA influences from its Christian period.

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 02:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    egyptian/algerian
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    unknown
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

Thank you for the irrelevant link.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    egyptian/algerian
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    unknown
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I remember him arguing that Moroccans living in the coasts were paler than Southern Europeans because... reasons...

It's also ironic that he'd argue Moroccans of today were exactly like the same people during the Moorish era but then posted Ruffians who have far less SSA ancestry than the average Moroccan and look distinctly different to their neighbors. I wonder if anyone brought to his attention the Guanche of the Canary Islanders - who are related to western North Africans - had far less SSA than modern Miroccans.

The only good Sean ever did on this forum was link to Nassbean's rapey post.

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with North Africans if they assimilate but their religion doesn't allow it. If Arabs hadn't conquered and assimilated them they'd be similar to Europeans. No one complains about Coptic Christians, Lebsnese Christians, etc. Palestinian Christian's are one of the most educated populations.

My little rant before I eat.
    i wanted to edit my post (but wasn't here before your responded to my post)

but what's do you mean by "they'd be similar to Eiropeans" you mean Culturally or something else ?

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,999
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dark-mysterio View Post
    i wanted to edit my post (but wasn't here before your responded to my post)

but what's do you mean by "they'd be similar to Eiropeans" you mean Culturally or something else ?
    I mean they would have existed in the same Christian cultural world. Christian culture is a big part of European culture and North Africa would have been part of that world.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    egyptian/algerian
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    unknown
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I mean they would have existed in the same Christian cultural world. Christian culture is a big part of European culture and North Africa would have been part of that world.
    ok thanks

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ancestry
    egyptian/algerian
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    unknown
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Yeah, let's not forget that North Africa was Christian before it became Islamic, and a very important part for the development of Christianity in its first centuries at that. St. Augustine, the most important church father in the Catholic church was a Berber. Whatever influences the Islamic NA may have had on the West, they probably don't have much on the NA influences from its Christian period.
    hey as you stated but there where also Pagans and even some Jews and the multi-cultural culture here (the one mixed with the Berbers/native) wasn't the medieval/later period "Arab-Berber" but an Antiquity/late Antiquity Romano-African one

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    How dare you Spaniards question who taught you everything?

I am sure that it was we Italians who gave you the example of how to build guitars.. On the other hand, we invented almost all musical instruments ( the written language of music.. the orchestra... the opera... the first symphonies.....) except the African tam tam..
    Of course, you're 'sure.' People like yourself are always 'sure' about everything and often are wrong because your motivation is to find self-worth. The consensus is the guitar originated in early 16th century Spain.

Your type of ethnic chauvinism is typical on these boards and always appears childish to normal people. There is nothing sadder than someone trying to feel superior to others based on the accomplishments of others. An Italian genius doesn't raise your own IQ just because you're also Italian. People of your ilk don't understand that because you're losers.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallop View Post
    North African presence may have existed in Europe at different periods or times, in the case of the Etruscans they call it sporadic visits , in the case of Spain genetic imprint, no?
    The above is rambling nonsense. NA ancestry in Europe is found in Iberia and Sicily. That is what population genetic studies have shown.

What does it have to do with the Spanish, we do not feel any genetic imprint of North Africa at the level you claim.
    You made a claim. I proved that claim wrong. There is a NA genetic footprint in Spain.

In all or almost all Europe there are North African lineages.
    That is false.

Do not pretend that the Spanish feel any affinity with North Africa because it is not so. I am sorry to disappoint you.
    There is a minor genetic contribution from NA in Spain. That is fact. That doesn't mean I believe there is an 'affinity' to North Africa.

I never said that the Tartessians were Nordic, if I had said it I would keep it, it is you who lies trying to discredit me, it is more than obvious.
    Yes, you did. You're so mentally ill you probably forget some of the stupid shit you say.

We totally reject the Muslim era, in fact at the time we did La Reconquista, it is more than obvious that we do not consider the Muslim era our history, it is the history of the Muslim invaders who were finally defeated and expelled.
    Who is 'we'? It doesn't what 'we' accept or reject. There is only the historical reality.

Don't talk to me about Muslim characters of that time, don't name them, I don't even want to know them, or know anything about them.
    Of course, you don't what to 'know them' because then you would have to accept historical reality. Have you read Cantar de Mio Cid? It's the most important piece of literature from the Castillian Middle Ages. It's not just El Cid fighting Moors. It's also about him serving as a mercenary for the Moors to fight the Aragonese.

You reject Spanish history.

It is more than obvious: "Reconquista" that is our history at that time.

Ni queremos ni tenemos nada que ver con los moros y punto y pelota de una puńetera vez.
    Maybe you should also learn about Reconquista because it's not the childish version you believe it is.

Keep screeching like a lunatic because your perception isn't reality. The fact is you have ancestors that were Moors. Now come fight me in the astral plane, you crazy fuck... lolz...

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    You actually believe that, don't you? If we are mere copycats, then why did we end the Middle Ages and move to Renaissance while you did not? Why did we establish a world-spanning empire while you did not? And how many nations speak Italian besides Italy, hmm?
    Wasn't age of discovery and colonization of Americas a sum of many inventions and ideaa? Columbus was also from Italy so you can be both kinda proud of that. Bullying indigious people is not something to be proud of but technology and stuff.

Spanish is very influential language of course but so was Latin and still kinda is used.

Didn't Rennaisance start from Italy?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information