PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Did Arabs/Moors influence Spain in a positive way? Why Mongols couldn't do the same in Russia? - Page 16
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Did Arabs/Moors influence Spain in a positive way? Why Mongols couldn't do the same in Russia?

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Yes, but i still think it's fair to mention certain things that influenced Spanish domination there.
    That's why I mentioned the Einstein analogy. While his work did not come out of the blue, he was the person who actually played a pivotal role. Similarly, with Spain, while other nations may have had influences, it was Spain that took the initiative and made the greatest contributions to the establishment and expansion of their empire in Latin America.

Not taking anything away from Spain, but is it really that magnificent that happened in Latin America. Well it created New World, gave us tomatoes and potatoes,but is it something that magical.
    De nada. After all, who needs tomatoes and potatoes? They certainly didn't revolutionize global cuisine or have any significant impact on agriculture, right?

Or is Russian Conquest of Siberia that magical?
    'Magical' may not be the word I would use, but it does highlight the remarkable resilience of the Russian people.

It gave Russia more land and resources but a country can get also cursed by it's wealth. I see the competition of great powers being epic, new technology and all shit but let's not forget about negative sides. That said Spain has also done very positive things. Colonization is a tricky and messy process.
    Oh yeah? In what sense is Russia's wealth a curse? The Russian colonization of Siberia played a significant role in transforming Russia into a superpower, much like the case of the U.S. of A. In what way is that a curse?

Colonization does indeed bring a new technology and wealth. I agree with your last sentence, but frankly I don't care much.
    Last edited by Aldaris; 05-28-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

2 Not allowed!

2. Yes certain buildings.
    Five or six in the 3rd biggest country of Europe

And other cultural influences.
    Maybe you know my culture better than myself, so come on, talk me about which Moorish influences.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Spain did not exist as a political entity back then. He made a clear distinction between Iberian Peninsula and Spain. Of course, his wording was confusing, but he cleared it up in one his later posts. I would not use it myself.

If you define Spain as a geographical concept, then yes, moros certainly were in Spain. This is just a slight misunderstanding between you and me (or him).

That may be, but he was referring to the political entity, which did not exist.
    Well then, technically I'm correct, Iberian is just a modern adaptation to Spanish. I don't take him ( Gallop) or anyone wrong about since I'm fully aware of the historical context, but to be perfectly accurate about it, yes Spain was indeed a geographical concept that was usurped by the union of the crown of Castille and Aragon...which is also understandable since the vision/goal of that union was the unifying of all Hispania in the same political, religious and cultural sphere. Let's not forget that there was still Muslim pockets in Andalusia that needed to be reconquered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HannibaltheGreat View Post
    Languages colombus knew : portuguese, greek, hebrew, spanish.
    Not italian though lol
    Whatever...Columbus died half crazy believing he arrived to Japan or something and his crew didn't died by miracle...there were many navigators/conquistadors much more competent and impactful than that imbecile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by B01AB20 View Post
    Phoenicians developed a great civilization, forefhater of very important advances, the alphabet for example, which they carried with them all around the Mediterranean.
    If they were european they would be on a very high pedestal here, but they were MENA.

Greece and Rome.

https://historiaybiografias.com/roma_antigua1/

Of course you don't need translation because spanish language is only another thing italians taught us, as you have said many times.
    I meant that the Etruscans came into contact with the Phoenicians, who invented the alphabet, even before the Greeks in the 8th century B.C. arrived in Italy.
    Therefore the Etruscans did not need the Greeks to get acquainted with the alphabet and writing.

The ancient Romans boasted of coming from Turkey, even the ancient Veneti (not the Venetians) boasted of coming from Turkey.. and the Etruscans, according to genetics, come from the ancient populations that inhabited Turkey.. All historians agree that the cradle of civilization is found in Turkey, the Caucasus, Lebanon, Egypt and Iraq.. Like it or not, everything started in those places.

In my personal opinion (and some academics ) the oldest Chinese writing, that dates back to the 13th century B.C., was inspired by the Sumerian cuneiform writing which was 2500 years older than chinese writing system..

WE LOVE ERDOGAN

Although HE is muslim..

He is great..

Europe need politicians like him..( and Orban.... Hungary )

Gay and feminists ( as bad as witches ) need to understand that they cannot force society to bend to their whims.

Last edited by renaissance12; 05-29-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are so many that I won't be spending my time making a list. You can do it yourself. And after you're done, you can check whether the 'elements' of your culture can't be traced back to the Middle East.
    Where do you come from ( or where do you live ? )...

We are talking about Europe... Italians taught everything to other European countries except Greece which was closer to the Middle East than we Italian..However Greece over the last 2000 years has become insignificant in almost everything.

I have written many times that civilization and history were born in Turkey Caucasus Lebanon Egypt Iraq
    Last edited by renaissance12; 05-29-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Ignorant of what? I spoke of the origins of the guitar, of which I am correct. You're so wrapped up in proving your worth ('everyone stole from us Italians...') that your English comprehension fails you. I know some of the stuff you posted is accurate (and irrelevant. Anyone can post facts and 'facts' about 'muh people did stuff.') I don't know about the other stuff. What I do know is you are misinformed about the guitar, which, of course, you believe is Italian, because everything needs to come from Italians for you to have self-worth.

I also didn't say anything about genetic superiority. Your entire post is just irrelevant shit thrown my way to ignore the point I made. Anyone can throw 'muh people did stuff!' and it reveals a very deep insecurity. I even see you mock the Vikings... wtf, dude... how deep is your insecurity that you have to bring up the Vikings randomly?

The first incarnation of the guitar was in Spain. This is the consensus. Why do you choose to discuss a subject where you can't even get the basic details correct? You state the ITALIAN (you need caps to emphasize like a typical crazy person) Renaissance guitar inspired the lute. The lute is older than the guitar. If you're so ignorant to think the guitar came before the lute, then there is nothing further to discuss.

Also, the Italians didn't dominate the Mediterranean Sea for thousands of years. Muslims controlled the Mediterranean Sea for centuries. The Turks defeated you Venetians (guess who they went crawling for help?). The eastern half of the Mediterranean Sea was a Turkish zone for centuries. The western half wasn't controlled by Italians, either, for centuries. Take a guess who controlled that half? How many wars did Genoa, Naples, and Florence lose against the Kingdom of Aragon?

From Encyclopaedia Britannica : Guitar, plucked stringed musical instrument that probably originated in Spain early in the 16th century, deriving from the guitarra latina ( In Italy ) , a late-medieval instrument with a waisted body and four strings.

Middle age fresco in Italy XIII century

NEAPOLITAN GUITAR FROM 1700.. Napoli Museum

The Vinaccia family is a famous dynasty of Neapolitan luthiers whose first instruments (signed Gennaro) date from 1720..

Last edited by renaissance12; 05-29-2023 at 07:02 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Well then, technically I'm correct, Iberian is just a modern adaptation to Spanish. I don't take him ( Gallop) or anyone wrong about since I'm fully aware of the historical context, but to be perfectly accurate about it, yes Spain was indeed a geographical concept that was usurped by the union of the crown of Castille and Aragon...which is also understandable since the vision/goal of that union was the unifying of all Hispania in the same political, religious and cultural sphere. Let's not forget that there was still Muslim pockets in Andalusia that needed to be reconquered.
    I'm not saying you aren't. Feel free to define it as you wish; I am not the one claiming 'there were no moros in Spain', nor do I have a problem with Spain being a geographical concept. Tell that to Gallop, not to me. Yet it's also true that Spain did not exist as a political entity when the moros were present there.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Where do you come from ( or where do you live ? )...

We are talking about Europe... Italians taught everything to other European countries except Greece which was closer to the Middle East than we Italian..However Greece over the last 2000 years has become insignificant in almost everything.

I have written many times that civilization and history was born in Turkey Caucasus Lebanon Egypt Iraq
    I am half Basque, half Czech living in Czechia. Your claims are still baseless, I am waiting for the PDF.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am half Basque, half Czech living in Czechia. Your claims are still baseless, I am waiting for the PDF.
    Tell me what's typically Czech from a: musical artistic architectural legal point of view

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information