Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,586
    Given: 3,544

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Troleas a tus compatriotas simplemente haciéndolo. Basta tío.
    Quote Originally Posted by B01AB20 View Post
    Now I realize that this thread can be interesting and worthy by itself. Let's see.
    Maybe this begun as a trolling attempt but it's not that anymore. I want to face and to know our whole history, not only the epic part.

Yo para ser feliz quiero un menhir. B01AB20's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-03-2023 @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by B01AB20 View Post
    Disclaimer.

This thread is born out on anger.
    It's a revenge against Gallop.
    Gallop can't stand the moors and their huge legacy, especially in Andalucia.
    And I can't stand Gallop, I have nothing against idiotic people, except when they mess with me with premeditation and malice.

But let hope this thread can be usueful and constructive and people interested in this controversial period of history can exchange points of view and opinions.
    Disclaimer 2.

After passing a lovely day with friends and a sensual night with my lover in an beautiful natural environment I feel like illuminated. And I realize now how relative experiences are.
    For example to feel rage for whatever thing a poor and obsessed moron (yeah, pund intended) can write on a forum full of obsesed people is quite nonsesical, absurd. I almost feel ashamed for wasting my emotions in such a silly way.

But life is made of contrasts, cycles. One can not feel happy and exultant all the time, it would become boring and depressing... mind is kind of weird.

So here I am again, writing messages for strangers, recharging batteries of ordinary and flat life, longing for my next enlightenment.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Now I'm curious on how muslims feel about Al-Andalus.

The interesting thing about this video of VOX's leader Abascal, saying 'Ukrainians welcome, Muslims aren't' is the comment section, where many muslims feel entitled to come to Spain because its muslim history, because Spain's colonialim, because human rights...

some comments

Lmao Europeans talk about Muslims colonising Europe but they ignore the fact that Europeans colonised Americas, Africa, Oceania and Asia and oppressed native people there. It’s actually so ridiculous that Europeans think they can talk about them being a threat to colonisation despite their ancestors who did it before.
    I wish I see he's face in judgment day when he realizes that islam is the only religion accepted by God.
    *REMEMBER AL-ANDALUS*

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

The muslim propaganda about how good, peaceful, enlightening, pious, forgiving, splendid in all senses etc etc was Al-Andalus is there.
    I'd say muslims have a very idealized vision of themselves bringing civilization and high culture to barbarians, besides agriculture, cuisine and whatnot.

Comments in some of this videos :
    Throughout history there was no ruler more forgiving as Muslims. Muslims were called to conquer this land from the Goths themselves. They built schools, universities, created the greatest scholars and added Christians as ministers, the idea of ​​expelling them with fierce wars and obliterating their history is insulting.
    Love ♥️Tariq Bin Ziyad ! My mum and Dad used to narrate to me anecdotes about this
    Great brother . May Allah ( The One ☝️ and True Lord ) give him one of the highest
    Ranks in Jannatul Firdus. Always tears trickle down my face upon reading upon Andalusia .
    I always wanted to be born in that Era . No doubt the Power and decision lies with Allah .
    The Moors or Muslims of Andalusia ruled Spain ���� and Portugal ���� with justice and dedication.
    Even in the past I watched the BBC Documentary which praised the Muslim rule in The Iberian
    Peninsula . InshAllah! Islam will rule the World again . It’s the Promise of Allah and the Messenger
    Of Allah in the end times . And when the world will be destroyed, there will be not a single Muslim
    On Earth ��. Imagine How much Allah ( The Most Gracious Lord ) love Us .
    I just came from a tour of Andulas. What a remarkable province. I was almost in tears at Cordoba & Alhambra. May Allah SWT give us a place better than this world in Jannah (Ameen)
    I've enjoyed listening to this summary of the history of Andalusia and the success the Muslims had reached! but I've also felt so sad to the point to have tears in my eyes when he was talking about the falling, thinking about how we been and how we're now��! The Muslim ummah will be back and stronger then ever inshallah! Ramadan kareem to all my brothers and sisters around the world. I love you all. Your brother from Algeria.
    And so on and on... One could say that muslims see Al-Andalus as the highest point of their history and culture, and then, one fateful and damn day, they were defeated and expelled by brutal christians.
    They were expelled not only from Al-Andalus, but from world's supremacy and predominance, from paradise, in a figurative way

In this video for example it is said that muslims brought even the watermill to Al-Andalus, although watermills were used since greeks and romans times.

Last edited by B01AB20; 05-30-2023 at 11:07 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Emotive.

'Spain really is the only place in the world where I think Islam was established in full and removed in full. So a lot of lessons for us learn you know, about this place'

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This is a really impressive thriumphalist muslim propaganda.

Muslims were light beings who did not conquer others by force, they simply let others to join them in their religion of peace and superior civilization. Muslims invented practically everything, including computers, and they provided the basis of all modern science. Besides they preserved the old knowledge of Egypt, Greeks an Romans and thanks to that and their own progress in all scientific and social fields, it was possible the european Renaissence.

And of course Al-Andalus played a major role in all this. Kordoba was the most important city of the world in year 1000, and backwards european kingdoms sent embassadors to kowtow to Great Caliph.

Of course if one believes all this, these comments are easy to understand.

Literally crying right now
    Look at what we have become

"From Glory and Magnificence to Humiliation and Despair "

Tears dropped inside me... What a presentation!!!

Europe would have never known The renaissance without the presence of Islam in Spain. The muslims of Spain and North Africa were the bearers of the torch.

This speaks to me. I'm 100% Iberian but I never felt much connection with the culture and language until I learned about Al-Andalus. For the first time, I feel like I discovered my true ethnicity and ancestry. I want to fully embrace it now and learn the Arabic language. Anyone know the best way to start?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"What we call the Gothic Style, should rightly be called the Saracen Style".

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Leaving aside chauvinistic thriumphalism, Islamic golden age in IX-X centuries was brilliant and brought great scientific progress. Islamic countries were the most advanced at that time.

Don't know if this man is making conspiracy theories about how Western world tried to downplay that historic reality, but it's more important the description of islamic golden age per se.

They were at the summit of the world.

But nowadays and since some centuries their situation is very different.

What happened?. How was their downfall?.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    megalítico
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What happened?. How was their downfall?.
    What happened had a name : Genghis khan.

In the conquest of Khwarezmia under Genghis Khan, the Mongols razed the cities of Bukhara, Samarkand, Herāt, Ṭūs, and Neyshābūr and killed the respective urban populations.[148] His invasions are considered the beginning of a 200-year period known in Iran and other Islamic societies as the "Mongol catastrophe."[146] Ibn al-Athir, Ata-Malik Juvaini, Seraj al-Din Jozjani, and Rashid al-Din Fazl-Allah Hamedani, Iranian historians from the time of Mongol occupation, describe the Mongol invasions as a catastrophe never before seen.[146] A number of present-day Iranian historians, including Zabih Allah Safa, have likewise viewed the period initiated by Genghis Khan as a uniquely catastrophic era.[146] Steven R. Ward writes that the Mongol violence and depredations in the Iranian Plateau "killed up to three-fourths of the population... possibly 10 to 15 million people. Some historians have estimated that Iran's population did not again reach its pre-Mongol levels until the mid-20th century."

A very emotional narration.

A more informative.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    I larp as a Celt
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn + Alpinid + Nordomediterranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,169
    Given: 12,927

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vikiingMallorcaSpain View Post
    I would like to visit the Alhambra one day my grandparents visited it and sended to me very beautiful photos.
    Al final este verano me iré a Granada a ver la Alhambra con mi padre que tambien le hace ilusión verla.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information