PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Conflict in northern Kosovo - Page 10
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Conflict in northern Kosovo

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KrashNick View Post
    I'm lacking to see where I wanted your opinion, but if you want my attention I can give you some.
    Enjoy your fleeting moments of bravado, you inconsequential txakur. Just remember, I had no part in initiating the discussion about dead Russians in coffins.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Rusyns/Ukrainians settled in Vojvodina, are mostly in Bačka region, and Bačka was not under ustaša Croatia in WW2.

Interesting, there were several thousands Rusyns/Ukrainians settlers in Bosnia, in time when both Bosnia and Lvov area of todays Ukraine were part of Habsburg empire (1878-1918).

I read on Poreklo forum, some local Serbs claim that Bosnian Ukrainians were in ustaše during WW2, some Serbs deny that, so I am not sure.
    I know one Rusyn in NS from Trebinje by his origins with surname which makes root of my surname and he's hardcore Russian monarchist and another Rusyn (not my friend just met him twice) with same surname from Vojvodina who's shitty autonomas and bitter towards Russia, they don't know each other, same surnames Kholod (means freeze) and polar attitude

Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,668
    Given: 11,603

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    I know one Rusyn in NS from Trebinje by his origins with surname which makes root of my surname and he's hardcore Russian monarchist and another Rusyn (not my friend just met him twice) with same surname from Vojvodina who's shitty autonomas and bitter towards Russia, they don't know each other, same surnames Kholod (means freeze) and polar attitude
    Here is interesting war reportage how local ethnic Rusyns/Ukrainians in Prijedor, were on Bosnian Serb side and fought in Army of Republika Srpska against Croats and Muslims.

Feiichy will freak out.
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,635
    Given: 4,643

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Position of Serbs in northern Kosovo is better than of Serbs from central Kosovo, Kosovsko Pomoravlje (eastern Kosovo) and Sirinićka Župa (southern Kosovo). Because northern Kosovo leans on central Serbia, and they are separated from Albanians. Except occasional incursion and provocations by Albanian police and special forces Serbs in northern Kosovo live more or less normal. In other parts of Kosovo that i mentioned position of Serbs is much worse. They are surrounded by Albanians and live in enclaves. Their daily movement is limited and their lives are in danger 0-24. In essence they live in large concentration camps. Kosovo Serbs outside of north live in something worse than apartheid. Their position is an indicator how the natives in western Europe will live one day under the domination of Afro-Asian Muslim newcomers when AAM newcomers become the majority.
    Except that, Serbs from enclaves also suffer from poverty. There are many Serbian families in enclaves as family Stojanović from eastern Kosovo on the video down. Humanitarian organization 'Srbi za Srbe' ('Serbs for Serbs') built them a new house, they lived in terrible conditions. Regardless their life is very hard in every sense, Serbs from enclaves have significant higher birth rate than other Serbs who live normally.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

With red color are marked areas in Kosovo with Serbian majority. All areas except north are Serbian enclaves surrounded by Albanians. Today's composition and distribution of the population in Kosovo is result of genocide and ethnic cleansing of Serbs by Albanians in the last over 300 years ending with 1999. In the middle age and first half of Ottoman rule Serbs lived in entire Kosovo.

Velika Hoča in Metohija is missing on that map.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velika_Ho%C4%8Da

I visited this enclave few years ago when I was in pilgrimage of medieval monasteries in Kosovo&Metohija.
    🔴
    🔵

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Here is interesting war reportage how local ethnic Rusyns/Ukrainians in Prijedor, were on Bosnian Serb side and fought in Army of Republika Srpska against Croats and Muslims.

Feiichy will freak out.
    Without doubt.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,426
    Given: 6,765

0 Not allowed!

With red color are marked areas in Kosovo with Serbian majority. All areas except north are Serbian enclaves surrounded by Albanians. Today's composition and distribution of the population in Kosovo is result of genocide and ethnic cleansing of Serbs by Albanians in the last over 300 years ending with 1999. In the middle age and first half of Ottoman rule Serbs lived in entire Kosovo.
    1. If I'm not mistaken a lot of Kosovo Serbs went to Vojvodina at abt. 1690 and sucessfully gained new land there for the Serb nation. Do you agree on that assessment?

2. IMO it would be contradictory to cherrypick different views in Kosovo and in Vojvodina, although I understand that leaving open both views may be reasonable if both areas are in some way contested. If you could freely choose a particular view to be the relevant one (having lived or living now) and given that all other people involved would accept and enduringly stick to it, what would you choose?

Girl down is half Hungarian half Montenegrin, she is from Vojvodina.
    It's hard to concentrate when the neckline figuratively reaches almost to the navel, lol.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,836
    Given: 7,303

1 Not allowed!

From a realistic perspective, Serbians are right, and from an idealistic perspective, Kosovars are right. So I'm not going to go to argument here, but while reading the posts I have realized TA is turned into a pro-Russian Stormfront.

That's madness.
    qpAdm: Bulgarian_1.DG= 77 - Kimak.SG= 23, p= 0.36, se= 0.31.
    Y: Q-L330 > Q-YP771 > Q-BZ180 > Q-F16045* (F15008*) --> Baikal N, Altai MLBA, Aldy-Bel, Pazyryk, Hun.
    MT: K1a --> Iron Gates, Starcevo, Bulgaria N, Bulgaria CA, Bulgaria BA.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    1. If I'm not mistaken a lot of Kosovo Serbs went to Vojvodina at abt. 1690 and sucessfully gained new land there for the Serb nation. Do you agree on that assessment?

2. IMO it would be contradictory to cherrypick different views in Kosovo and in Vojvodina, although I understand that leaving open both views may be reasonable if both areas are in some way contested. If you could freely choose a particular view to be the relevant one (having lived or living now) and given that all other people involved would accept and enduringly stick to it, what would you choose?
    I dont see reason why should we choose one part of Serbia over some other part of Serbia.

Our constitution is clear - our land is indivisible, and lot of countries in world supports our territorial integrity - especialy important voices of Russia, China, India and Brazil.
    🔴
    🔵

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Serbian migration from 1690. was not only from Kosovo, but from some other regions as well. Migration was not only to present day Vojvodina, but to a wider Pannonian space. Because of that migration number of Serbs in Kosovo has declined, still they were more numerous than Albanians until 19th century. Reduction of Serbs in Kosovo in the precious 300 years is due to Albanian violence towards them which cause migrations (smaller than migration in 1690, but in long period).

In 20th century Albanians had huge demographic expansion in Kosovo, plus immigration from Albania during the WW2 and in 1950s. On the other hand Serbs continue to left Kosovo as in previous centuries (for the same reason i mentioned up), and they were decreasing (especially in %).

In 1931 - 331.000 Albanians (60%) --- 180.000 Serbs (32.6%)
    In 1948 - 498.000 Albanians (68.5%) --- 172.00 Serbs (23.6%)
    In 1953 - 524.000 Albanians (65%) --- 190.000 Serbs (23.5%)
    In 1961 - 646.000 Albanians (67%) --- 227.000 Serbs (23.5%)
    In 1971 - 916.000 Albanians (73.7%) --- 228.00 Serbs (18.4%)
    In 1981 - 1.226.000 Albanians (77.4%) --- 209.00 Serbs (13.2%)
    In 1991 - 1.596.000 Albanians (81.2%) --- 194.000 Serbs (9.9%)

Between 1931. and 1991. Albanians have grown from 331K to 1.6 million, their number increased 5 times for only 60 years! Such growth for such a short time probably never happened in some population in human history. Yugoslavian anti-Serbian communist regime sponsored the birth of Albanians. Yugo dictator Josip Broz Tito was personally godfather to every ninth born Albanian child.
    Same what happened to Serbs in Kosovo with Albanians, will happen to Germans and other westerners with Afro-Asian migrants. The process is well underway.
    Last edited by Varda; 05-31-2023 at 11:08 PM.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information