Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Russia couldn't become like Scandinavian social democracy/more European at the time of Gorba?

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ugochaves View Post
    I would like to say a lot about the war and your support for NATO, but it's useless to convince someone. You can come to Russia at any time and here you will meet a good reception. You are not in danger in Russia.
    Yeah well …. *sigh*

I wanted to dedicate this song to you:

But I really do not know what he sings about, (hey, what is it about?) … & "Alakurtti" wasn’t a relative (who I think established the first shop there), but an in-law of a relative of our trade network.
    It is just that perhaps the mood of the song conveys the nostalgia of the good times and the deep sadness about the world as it is now.

But of course, if Putin’s army were to attempt to invade Finland – I’d become a very patriotic Finn.
    Finland had/has been good to us and also to the Russians who evacuated there with us.
    Last edited by Aila; 06-08-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Last Online
    08-28-2023 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Yeah well …. *sigh*

I wanted to dedicate this song to you:

But I really do not know what he sings about, (hey, what is it about?) … & "Alakurtti" wasn’t a relative (who I think established the first shop there), but an in-law of a relative of our trade network.
    It is just that perhaps the mood of the song conveys the nostalgia of the good times and the deep sadness about the world as it is now.

But of course, if Putin’s army were to attempt to invade Finland – I’d become a very patriotic Finn.
    Finland had/has been good to us and also to the Russians who evacuated there with us.
    I'll listen to the song later. My favorite childhood book is Don Quixote, by a Spanish author. Don Quixote had a muse, Dulcinea del Toboso, whom he had never seen and fantasized about the perfect woman for himself. I had a muse like Don Quixote- Feiichi Croatian, but she disappointed me with her aggressiveness towards Serbs, Russians and some weak mentally retarded forum users. You will be my new muse. ) I see kolevala, I partly like any Russian have the blood of ancient merya - it was merya who created kolevala. I will try to convince you that the Russians are not villains. We are very kind people, Russians have a very developed sense of justice
    Усе буде добре!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I get it why a great-great something ... grandmother supposedly married a Pomor Russian:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pomors are more Nordic than the rest of the Russians. There are very amazing phenotypes there. There are eastern Baltic, but more Nordic phenotypes, with a very long face,
    a thin protruding nose, dolichocrane and similar to medieval Norwegians
    Усе буде добре!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pomors have much more Nordic phenotypes, I mean, but there are also Uraloids
    Усе буде добре!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Besides Karelians and Saami - Pomors also had a good relationship with Norwegians.
    I guess we were all “on the same page” and those relationships were “organic”, not government forced alliances ….
    Last edited by Aila; 06-08-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Besides Karelians and Saami - Pomors also had a good relationship with Norwegians.
    I guess we were all “on the same page” and those relationships were “organic”, not government forced alliances ….
    Pomors are an integral part of the Russian ethnic group.
    Усе буде добре!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

I wonder which one of us, Methuselah of me, is more Slavic in admixture tests. Ancestrally I come from old Southwestern Finns and even older people of the Scandinavian origin, with a Saami addition from the first millennium. But there is a new surprise in the Finnish ancestry. We are yet waiting for the great unveiling of the Finnish prehistory. It probably take years, because the Finnish consensus now tells about a less or more uniform migration from the Ural region, but here are now new cracks in this continuation narrative. Finnish researchers studied 1000 years old human remains from burials near Turku. Turku was the biggest town and capital of Finland before the Grand Duchy of Finland and the history of Turku extends back to the first millennium, being also the oldest town. The town name itself is derived from a Slavic word meaning trade place. What they found was that a half of those bones in burials leant towards Belarusians. It is worth noticing because already around 1000AD Finland should have been fully "uralized" if we believe the official narrative which is forcefeed us during last decades, but not before the '80th. IDK, maybe Methuselah is more Slavic than me, but it needs to be proven.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Where does the haplogroup come from? From the Russian Varangians for sure
    That was also my theory. Or Finns. Varangians make sense, especially when i don't score any Scandinavian admixture. So it's just 2% of that Haplogroup if even that.
    I get it why a great-great something ... grandmother supposedly married a Pomor Russian:

Cool. Is it the era of colonization of Siberia? I have the same story from my mom's side. My mother's haplo comes from Siberian indigenous people.
    Pomors are more Nordic than the rest of the Russians. There are very amazing phenotypes there. There are eastern Baltic, but more Nordic phenotypes, with a very long face,
    a thin protruding nose, dolichocrane and similar to medieval Norwegians
    Well, Russians of Finnish descent in general are more Northern and Nordic looking. But not all Russian people with Finnish roots have links to Scandinavia in the way Finnish Finns do, right?

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    I wonder which one of us, Methuselah of me, is more Slavic in admixture tests. Ancestrally I come from old Southwestern Finns and even older people of the Scandinavian origin, with a Saami addition from the first millennium. But there is a new surprise in the Finnish ancestry. We are yet waiting for the great unveiling of the Finnish prehistory. It probably take years, because the Finnish consensus now tells about a less or more uniform migration from the Ural region, but here are now new cracks in this continuation narrative. Finnish researchers studied 1000 years old human remains from burials near Turku. Turku was the biggest town and capital of Finland before the Grand Duchy of Finland and the history of Turku extends back to the first millennium, being also the oldest town. The town name itself is derived from a Slavic word meaning trade place. What they found was that a half of those bones in burials leant towards Belarusians. It is worth noticing because already around 1000AD Finland should have been fully "uralized" if we believe the official narrative which is forcefeed us during last decades, but not before the '80th. IDK, maybe Methuselah is more Slavic than me, but it needs to be proven.
    Very interesting. Well, people are more mixed than supposed i guess. Many Finns have roots in central Europe and Poland, Germany too. Like from medieval times and so, no?

Heh, it always becomes a competition. I will lose if we compete in Northern blood since my Scando admixture lies in haplogroup lol. Well, i scored some 8% of Finnish too.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information