European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tk'es View Post
    if i were you i'd firstly start with y-37, and then y-700 (jumping over y-111).

i've done it in this order: y-37(a month ago), then family finder, and recently big y-700.. also i didn't know how gedmatch actually functioning, now i've learned something new(reading certain useful shared info from other experienced users and listening to some youtube content, as well) in there, and still continue acquiring a wide range of knowledge
    bro we descend from the same J2a thug I am J2a1b3 (J-Z467) but would love to narrow it down.

both YSEQ and Morley give me these branches in red so all I know is I am not under these: J-L210, J-Y144556. I am also probably not under J-FGC43538 (time to most recent common ancestor 950 to 200 ybp in Ireland/Scotland, too recent too far).

with L-210 I was really convinced I was under this because it has a hotspot on yfull just next to my area, in the region my dad comes from, but it seems it cannot be, since both YSEQ and Morley put it in red (it was a Ukrainian/Russian/Belarusian/Polish Ashkenazi line). my dad is a Carpathian Ukrainian unmixed as far as we know (I won't count some Polish as mixing since all Ukrainian villages in the area had a few Poles at some point and there is also a Polish cluster of villages nearby, they're locals, plus some Ukrainians in the region for some reason considered themselves of Polish origin or see it as more prestigious, so self-reported Polish ancestry in the region needs to be carefully considered; then, the area was inhabited by Germans for a century and a half until WW1/interwar period; and a few Jews that had business in the villages in the region, a tiny minority; so that was all in the area in the last centuries: Ruthenians (Ukrainians), some Germans, a few Jews, maybe some Poles if not just Ukrainians) and he also clusters normally with the Ukrainians in Zakarpattia/Ivano-Frankivsk/Chernivtsi regions. would a Y-37 narrow it down more? how much more in terms of levels below J-Z467?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    ????
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 453
    Given: 559

0 Not allowed!

if i were you i'd firstly start with y-37, and then y-700 (jumping over y-111).

i've done it in this order: y-37(a month ago), then family finder, and recently big y-700.. also i didn't know how gedmatch actually functioning, now i've learned something new(reading certain useful shared info from other experienced users and listening to some youtube content, as well) in there, and still continue acquiring a wide range of knowledge
    What’s your Y700 result?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alanic
    Ethnicity
    Nakh
    Country
    South-Ossetia
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b-M67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 715
    Given: 279

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    bro we descend from the same J2a thug I am J2a1b3 (J-Z467) but would love to narrow it down.

both YSEQ and Morley give me these branches in red so all I know is I am not under these: J-L210, J-Y144556. I am also probably not under J-FGC43538 (time to most recent common ancestor 950 to 200 ybp in Ireland/Scotland, too recent too far).

with L-210 I was really convinced I was under this because it has a hotspot on yfull just next to my area, in the region my dad comes from, but it seems it cannot be, since both YSEQ and Morley put it in red (it was a Ukrainian/Russian/Belarusian/Polish Ashkenazi line). my dad is a Carpathian Ukrainian unmixed as far as we know (I won't count some Polish as mixing since all Ukrainian villages in the area had a few Poles at some point and there is also a Polish cluster of villages nearby, they're locals, plus some Ukrainians in the region for some reason considered themselves of Polish origin or see it as more prestigious, so self-reported Polish ancestry in the region needs to be carefully considered; then, the area was inhabited by Germans for a century and a half until WW1/interwar period; and a few Jews that had business in the villages in the region, a tiny minority; so that was all in the area in the last centuries: Ruthenians (Ukrainians), some Germans, a few Jews, maybe some Poles if not just Ukrainians) and he also clusters normally with the Ukrainians in Zakarpattia/Ivano-Frankivsk/Chernivtsi regions. would a Y-37 narrow it down more? how much more in terms of levels below J-Z467?

indeed, we are actually one J2a family and you're my genetically bro, but geographically we live far away in various corners of the earth, and we have been influenced by other languages and cultures for centuries.. truly our j2 grand master ancestors discovered and explored new places, built magnificent civilizations, invented a lot of things and many others

your ancestors' migration should look like this: near east > transcaucasus > north caucasus > pontic steppes > carphatian area, or like this version: near east > transcaucasus > anatolia > ancient greece > eastern balkans > carphatian area
    this is your current tree https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z467/ y-37 shows only basic info regarding your y-dna test results

here is your marker (red circle)

extended y-dna tree

so you're either L210 or S11842, in order to get deeper you will need to upgrade your y-dna test by ordering y-700.. get your discount these days, don't miss it

once you received your completed test results of big y-700, you have to upload a data file (your test results) to y-full in order to see yourself in the haplotree (ytree) among other testers like you who have the same haplogroup but different subclades (their own branches)..

Quote Originally Posted by Abti View Post
    What’s your Y700 result?

it's not yet known (the pending status)
    1: order placed
    2: analyzing data
    3: results completed -

probably only three weeks remaining

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirgonix View Post
    What are the advantages of putting it on yfull?
    Honestly idk. I'm in a telegram group of arabs who belong to G and they insisted I do it. So I just did it.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

let us know when they add you.

btw how much does a big y cost now? it used to cost a lot. Y-700 at about 400$ on their site I think.

I wonder how far on the yfull list the Y-111 gets you, do you know? compared to Y-67 and to Y-700.
    Initially I did y111 and it gave me generic G-M201 which tells me nothing. Then I upgrade to big y and it gave me my current haplogroup which I still feel like tells me nothing

YSEQ and 23andme both gave me G-Z6032 which I thought Big Y would just give me that but it did not. But seems like there is a decent amount of people with G-Z6032 which is mostly found among Sardinians.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

they've added him! noice, thanks for sharing. so, other than himself, it's northern Caucasus and Sardinia.

do you know where Y-111 gets you, how deep, on yfull, compared to Y-67 and to Y-700?
    yeah the palestinian one is me lol. so its either northern caucasus or Sardinia yet no clue which my paternal line descends from . Unless my paternal line was left completely untouched since Anatolian farmer migrations it seems rather slim that I would have a Sardinian ancestor who came to palestinian or something idk . But I get a small amount of Sardinian on 23&me so who knows.

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    do you know how far on the clade testing with YSEQ gets you?

I was looking at purchasing the J2a-M67 Panel (89$) but I already know I'm J-Z467 (J2a1b3) and that I am not J-L210 under it, so I'm curious if this YSEQ test brings you at least two levels further. the price is good.

YSEQ DNA Origins Project J2a-M67 Panel

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Romanian, North Greek, Roma(Rudar), Persian, Caucasian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Wallachia
    Y-DNA
    J-Y18824
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,892
    Given: 9,335

1 Not allowed!

indeed, we are actually one J2a family and you're my genetically bro, but geographically we live far away in various corners of the earth, and we have been influenced by other languages and cultures for centuries.. truly our j2 grand master ancestors discovered and explored new places, built magnificent civilizations, invented a lot of things and many others

your ancestors' migration should look like this: near east > transcaucasus > north caucasus > pontic steppes > carphatian area, or like this version: near east > transcaucasus > anatolia > ancient greece > eastern balkans > carphatian area
    this is your current tree https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z467/ y-37 shows only basic info regarding your y-dna test results

here is your marker (red circle)

extended y-dna tree

so you're either L210 or S11842, in order to get deeper you will need to upgrade your y-dna test by ordering y-700.. get your discount these days, don't miss it

once you received your completed test results of big y-700, you have to upload a data file (your test results) to y-full in order to see yourself in the haplotree (ytree) among other testers like you who have the same haplogroup but different subclades (their own branches)..

it's not yet known (the pending status)
    1: order placed
    2: analyzing data
    3: results completed -

probably only three weeks remaining
    J2a-M67 has different subclades. Nurzat is J-Z467 while I belong to J-Y18824.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

do you know how far on the clade testing with YSEQ gets you?

I was looking at purchasing the J2a-M67 Panel (89$) but I already know I'm J-Z467 (J2a1b3) and that I am not J-L210 under it, so I'm curious if this YSEQ test brings you at least two levels further. the price is good.

YSEQ DNA Origins Project J2a-M67 Panel
    Skip YSEQ and just do Big Y imo. For me it goes G-Z6032>G-FGC294>G-BY205667 according to Big Y

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

By the way I added my mtdna also to Yfull. There are 2 others with my mtdna and they are Druze.

https://www.yfull.com/mtree/K1a12a4a/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information