Center-Left
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 162

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter View Post
    Slipknot isn't even proper metal, these kids need to hear Bathory, Mayhem and Bolt Thrower

That being said - I'm not Gen Z proper, I was still born in the 20th century - metal, especially extreme metal was never the status quo. There was only a couple kids in my school across all years that genuinely liked metal, to the point I was known as 'the blackmetaller' for having long hair and wearing belt chains. Rock, at most softer nu-metal, pop, indie was the 'normal'.

I rarely see kids of high school age wearing black and death metal tshirts outside nowadays though, the numbers seem to be dwindling more. It's usually the 20+, even 30+ crowd.
    Slipknot is metal, but more likely a "gateway" type of band, most of these 20+ years old that are extreme metal fans started with bands like Slipknot or some other band from the New Wave of American Heavy Metal genre, a very popular genre in mid 2000s. Most of these NWOAHM riffs are somewhat pretty similar to Pantera, 90s Death and thrash/heavy metal bands, the main difference are the lyrics...

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Been to a "rock" festival last weekend and it turned out to be more of a metal fest with tons of metalheads attending. There were lot of older zoomers.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rćdwald View Post
    I know a bunch of Gen Z kids people in their early 20s , and they all are super into Early 2000s Nu-Metal it's super strange to me. I never thought I would see that genre in particular come back into fashion. Metal people still exist, they've always been the minority though.
    Extreme Metal fans are a minority, but that music genre became much more acceptable in the 2020s than in the 90s, it isn't considered a dangerous/scary thing like in the 80s or the early 90s, nowadays it is not a very unusual situation if you go out in the streets and see some 15 year old guy wearing a Celtic Frost t shirt listening to Eminem in the earphones and going to the church.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

2 Not allowed!

The newer generations might be unable to do many things, it's true. But I find music like Metal generally destructive. Never liked it.
    Do what you should.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascoal View Post
    It didn't changed that much, even pop and rap fans listen to these bands, they often have some songs from these bands and sometimes a bit of Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Megadeth, System of a Down, Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold, power metal bands like Helloween or Stratovarius are also surprisingly very popular in Latin America.
    In my high school days in the 00's, basically everyone or most who were Swedish/Finnish listened to metal. I remember having arguments with some immigrant kids in my class that metal was "racist". That's kind of funny considering how big metal is in Latin America. But it's true for the other way around that not a few white kids rejected mainstream rap for being degenerate and low-IQ.

Nowadays I dislike mainstream rap and consider it degenerate and low-IQ as much as I did back then, but I can appreciate some old school like 2pac, Wu-Tang Clan, and Nas. It's kind of sad if the progress for the past 15-20 years has been that the average white kid now listens to mainstream rap.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

Snowflakes!

Something that makes me laugh is the so-called "Generation Alpha", (the current kids who are born from 2010 - mid 2020's.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Alpha

They're being taught a load of woke nonsense in schools about people having 100+ genders and are taught that men can get pregnant, and are taught to get offended and outraged and have a mental breakdown over being "misgendered" with their biological pronouns. They call this the Alpha Generation!? More like the Confused Generation of attention seekers who want to feel different and unique, and who don't even know if they're a boy or a girl.... or "non-binary", or whatever.

The schools are turning them into a Nutcase Generation.

There were recent news articles in the UK about a girl in a school who said she identified as a cat, and two other girls then told her that she's a homo sapien and not a cat. Their teacher then reprimanded and scolded the girls for saying that she's not a cat. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/school-gi...investigation/

At a state secondary school in Wales, one student is said to "meow" when asked questions by a teacher, rather than answering in English. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/school-gi...investigation/

In other UK schools, teachers are allowing children to identify as horses, dinosaurs, and even moons: https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/school-gi...investigation/

I think that the best generation were the Silent Generation (aka "The Greatest Generation") who endured real hardships as they lived through WW2, heavy bombings, many premature losses of their loved ones, food rationing, etc. They were the politest and most dignified generation who rarely complained about life. Their generation was full of so many brave, resilient, and courageous people.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-16-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    In my high school days in the 00's, basically everyone or most who were Swedish/Finnish listened to metal. I remember having arguments with some immigrant kids in my class that metal was "racist". That's kind of funny considering how big metal is in Latin America.
    Metal is indeed very big in Latin America, there is a huge fanbase of power/symphonic metal bands like Helloween and Nightwish, Nightwish even had some songs playing on popular radio stations in Brazil, and the Brazilian rock/metal scene is also very racially diverse.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    The newer generations might be unable to do many things, it's true. But I find music like Metal generally destructive. Never liked it.
    Metal is my least favorite music genre, with few exceptions.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,488
    Given: 6,008

0 Not allowed!

It’s always been not the most accessible thing, but it does seem a bit less and less popular as the years go on- that being said, it’s nowhere near going extinct. Which for the betterment of the genre, it’s a nice “sweet spot” for creativity..underground, but not fading into obscurity.
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,488
    Given: 6,008

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascoal View Post
    Slipknot is metal, but more likely a "gateway" type of band, most of these 20+ years old that are extreme metal fans started with bands like Slipknot or some other band from the New Wave of American Heavy Metal genre, a very popular genre in mid 2000s. Most of these NWOAHM riffs are somewhat pretty similar to Pantera, 90s Death and thrash/heavy metal bands, the main difference are the lyrics...
    True...I think of Slipknot as akin to Nu-Metal. We all had to find the more mainstream examples to become initiated before diving deeper. I cringe to admit that I listened to a good deal of Korn when I was 13 ...
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information