PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Fake Brits on TA - Page 15
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Brits on TA

Banned
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Chidingfold Surrey
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+Angle-Saxon
    Politics
    Tory
    Hero
    Queen Elizabeth I (the golden age)
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 154

0 Not allowed!

rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    That would be a very long con. He's been anti-Irish since as far as I can remember.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,000
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    I was replying for the benefit of Grace, not you or the OP, who aren't interested in my identity, just trolling and playing gotcha.
    You were explaining yourself, and you did so by using Grace as a proxy to that end so that you wouldn't have to address the OP directly. This is a typical Creoda method of addressing something by pretending you aren't addressing it. It's similar to how you created a thread on why people should be banned for pretending to be a fake ethnicity, but the real reason was to stop Kevin.

It's obvious if you're not a dimwit. I am culturally and politically more English (and Australian) than Irish, that should be obvious in my posting.
    Yes, you're 'more English than the English.' A common problem with people of mixed ancestry is overcompensation. As for Australian, how is your lack of spiritual connection with the Australian landscape? Remember that thread you made? You feel out of place in your own environment ('spiritually 'speaking, of course). You're so culturally, politically, and let's not forget spiritually English that maybe you should move to England. The irony is you're a less retarded version of alnortedesur or whatever his name is.

By contrast, in my personal conception of myself (i.e. identity) I feel as much Irish as English, perhaps more - due to my name, looks, temperement, or even being confirmed Catholic. But ultimately I identify with both, and Australian.
    So you say you're culturally more English than Irish, but you feel as much or 'perhaps more' Irish? Does that make sense to you when you take a moment to think about it? I don't even understand why you brought up being a confirmed Catholic since I'm sure that wasn't your choice. I find it hard to believe little Creoda was espousing strong papist beliefs. "Muh looks' and all that is superficial. What matter is in the mind and you just revealed a contradiction.

What is Irish temperament? I've known some insanely violent Irish-Americans and I've known the exact opposite. Your temperament is that of a high-functioning autist.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 08-03-2023 at 12:26 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppey View Post
    [center]
    I loved that movie when I was a kid. Disney had great movies and TV shows from the 1950s to 1970s.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 12:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bog
    Ancestry
    North Sea
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Boginator
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Yes
    Relationship Status
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 870
    Given: 372

0 Not allowed!

Oh that's Kevin. I remember him now. Wasn't he Belgian or Dutch or something else before? Interesting fella.
    https://i.imgur.com/Wpjac1i.png

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    🦄
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,111
    Given: 4,010

2 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Chidingfold Surrey
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+Angle-Saxon
    Politics
    Tory
    Hero
    Queen Elizabeth I (the golden age)
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 154

0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    What is Irish temperament? I've known some insanely violent Irish-Americans and I've known the exact opposite. Your temperament is that of a high-functioning autist.
    Sorry, I know this wasn't addressed to me but during the Victorian era it was postulated that the Irish had a certain temperament but I personally have never visited Ireland so I can't speak from praxeological experience, here :

The Irish Gael was poetic, light-hearted and imaginative, highly emotional, playful, passionate, and sentimental. But these were characteristics the Victorians also associated with children. Thus the Irish were "immature" and in need of guidance by others, more highly developed than themselves. Irish "emotion" was contrasted, unfavorably, with English "reason", Irish "femininity" with English "masculine" virtues, Irish "poetic" attributes with English "pragmatism"

"The reckless, degraded, and often vicious members of society, tend to increase at a quicker rate than the provident and generally virtuous members. Or as Mr. Greg puts the case: “The careless, squalid, unaspiring Irishman multiplies like rabbits: the frugal, foreseeing, self-respecting, ambitious Scot, stern in his morality, spiritual in his faith, sagacious and disciplined in his intelligence, passes his best years in struggle and in celibacy, marries late, and leaves few behind him. Given a land originally peopled by a thousand Saxons and a thousand Celts—and in a dozen generations five-sixths of the population would be Celts, but five-sixths of the property, of the power, of the intellect, would belong to the one-sixth of Saxons that remained. In the eternal ’struggle for existence,’ it would be the inferior and less favoured race that had prevailed—and prevailed by virtue not of its good qualities but of its faults.”

– Charles Robert Darwin, The Descent of Man

I associate Irish culture with imbiding too much alcohol, pugilism, and popery etc..., as well. English culture is very different, IMO.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 01:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Florida
    Ethnicity
    Bada Bing!
    Ancestry
    Whoa! It's my business
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 89

0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I know this wasn't addressed to me but during the Victorian era it was postulated that the Irish had a certain temperament but I personally have never visited Ireland so I can't speak from praxeological experience, here :

The Irish Gael was poetic, light-hearted and imaginative, highly emotional, playful, passionate, and sentimental. But these were characteristics the Victorians also associated with children. Thus the Irish were "immature" and in need of guidance by others, more highly developed than themselves. Irish "emotion" was contrasted, unfavorably, with English "reason", Irish "femininity" with English "masculine" virtues, Irish "poetic" attributes with English "pragmatism"

"The reckless, degraded, and often vicious members of society, tend to increase at a quicker rate than the provident and generally virtuous members. Or as Mr. Greg puts the case: “The careless, squalid, unaspiring Irishman multiplies like rabbits: the frugal, foreseeing, self-respecting, ambitious Scot, stern in his morality, spiritual in his faith, sagacious and disciplined in his intelligence, passes his best years in struggle and in celibacy, marries late, and leaves few behind him. Given a land originally peopled by a thousand Saxons and a thousand Celts—and in a dozen generations five-sixths of the population would be Celts, but five-sixths of the property, of the power, of the intellect, would belong to the one-sixth of Saxons that remained. In the eternal ’struggle for existence,’ it would be the inferior and less favoured race that had prevailed—and prevailed by virtue not of its good qualities but of its faults.”

I associate Irish culture with imbiding too much alcohol, pugilism, and popery etc..., as well. English culture is very different, IMO.
    People looked at me differently. They knew I was with somebody. I didn’t have to wait on line at the bakery on Sunday morning anymore for fresh bread. The owner knew who I was with, and he’d come from around the counter, no matter how many people were waiting. I was taken care of first. Our neighbors didn’t park in our driveway anymore, even though we didn’t have a car. At thirteen, I was making more money than most of the grownups in the neighborhood. I had more money than I could spend. I had it all. One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother’s groceries all the way home for her. It was out of respect.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/FR40vW9H/victoria

Damn, that's Creoda in a nutshell. I guess he does have an Irish temperament. Who would have thought an absurd belief such as an ethnic temperament, which anyone remotely familiar with personality psychology would laugh at, would be true?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Because British is a cool ethnicity.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,648
    Given: 10,377

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Because British is a cool ethnicity.
    It is a nationality
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information